The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT songs sung by mumbling

Mumbling · 81 · 12555

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ok well Patrick(Nimrod) once asked me wether I like singing LBT songs. I told him I did like to sing, and told him I always sung while cycling home from school. He asked me if I could sing for him, once. This was months ago, and I just came over my 'fear' for singing to others.

For him I recorded myself singing one of the LBT songs. I sent it to him and also to some friends of mine who had seen my msn name ( which said I was singing ) . I expected very negative reactions, but I got the opposite of what I thought I would hear. I still think my voice it bad, but here is a list.

Renewed(other songs will come later on)

No one has to be alone
Things Change..
Things change, again.
Things change, once again. last time :p
Bestest Friends
Family
Girls and Dads
How do you know
Kids Like Us
Kinderen net als wij(dutch for kids like us)
Say So
The Lone Dinosaur
The mad song*I went crazy in this one xD don't let me scare ya :p *
Vriendjes voor altijd, I had this before but was deleted
When you're big(Dutch)
When you're big(Dutch)
Beste Freunde(German for bestest friends)
Beyond the mysterious beyond

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Nice songs.  It would be nice however if you used some other service besides 4shared.  They'll delete your files in a month if you don't log in and you have to wait to download the files.  Driveway.com is the best file hosting site by far.

You would make a great addition to the LBT songs that we sing together (unless you have already participated in "things change"). :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm thanks I'll maybe start using that. Let me check it out tomorrow :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
By the way we seriously lack a blushing emoticon =P.
I agree, we should probably do something about that. :yes

Some very nice singing! :) You did a beautiful job.

It would be nice however if you used some other service besides 4shared.
I like 4shared when sharing a large collection of files, but for a single file,
http://www.driveway.com is very nice.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
By the way we seriously lack a blushing emoticon =P
While I generally agree it may for once be a good thing that there is no blushing emoticon right now. Judging from our previous chats about your songs you might use those blushes in excess ;)
I'm not flattering you Iris, but your singing voice is just beautiful :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 30 2008 on  08:49 PM
By the way we seriously lack a blushing emoticon =P
While I generally agree it may for once be a good thing that there is no blushing emoticon right now. Judging from our previous chats about your songs you might use those blushes in excess ;)

Heh, maybe that is true xD... Ok I wanted to use it again.. Hmm. I am just ashamed of my voice.. well nevermind. I am going to bed now.. see you guys. :rolleyes:

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You already know my thoughts on your singing Mumbling. Keep it up!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Action9000 and landbeforetimelover I've listened to you and uploaded them to driveway instead.

I've also sung a new one, which came out quite well I think.. ( Yes, finaly something positive what I can say about my voice. ) except for the point that I was singing too low. If we hold on together > by msn

Thanks for all the compliments *blusing emoticon ^^*, Nah seriously I can agree with you now, if I dont know it's me singing.. :lol  I think I've just got a very negative view on myself. sorry :unsure:

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
wow! mumbling it is so good that i'm get scared!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's a really nice voice! Well done!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Things Change is there :P:

Hmm, I will put the other songs in the list some other time.... and sing some over again B) . Thanks to Action9000 I've now got the songs without vocals. thanks again :lol

Littlefoot

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://Closed!
Nice and beautiful voice, no doubt about that. That was very nice job. Very adrable. Awesome :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is but one point of criticism I have to make. Namely the title of that file: "Things change - Iris. badly sung.mp3".
I mean... come on! That is a misleading title Iris and with all your modesty I think that you know it Iris. You have a bright and clear voice and can hold the high notes which make guys like us rattle. Modesty is a good thing, but talking oneself into believing that one is worse than one really is is not a good thing.
Discrediting your own work might be misunderstood as "fishing for compliments" (something I'm certain is not your intention) unless you can pinpoint what exactly it is that you dislike about your performance. If you cannot pinpoint it is there maybe a chance that it is not so badly sung as you claim it to be but that in fact it is really good? :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I listened to the singing and enjoyed what I heard.  It also seemed you did catch the emotion that was supposed to be portrayed in that scene.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 4 2008 on  10:42 AM
There is but one point of criticism I have to make. Namely the title of that file: "Things change - Iris. badly sung.mp3".
I mean... come on! That is a misleading title Iris and with all your modesty I think that you know it Iris. You have a bright and clear voice and can hold the high notes which make guys like us rattle. Modesty is a good thing, but talking oneself into believing that one is worse than one really is is not a good thing.
Discrediting your own work might be misunderstood as "fishing for compliments" (something I'm certain is not your intention) unless you can pinpoint what exactly it is that you dislike about your performance. If you cannot pinpoint it is there maybe a chance that it is not so badly sung as you claim it to be but that in fact it is really good? :)
Malte, I save those files at my computer. This is just the name I give them myself  :P: ... What I mean is I can do better, because I was just awake at that time, but it the only time here when it is silent(at my house, noisy brothers, parents animals etc). To be honest I actually think this once was sung pretty good. (wow me saying that :o)

And no it is not my intention, really. When I was a kid they liked telling me i shouldnt sing. When I was happy I always sang a song. and well everytime  they told me I shouldnt, because it was 'terrible'. I think these guys destroyed my mood and created this black view of myself. I'm not going to say anything more about that.

Now you and some others have made me clear I CAN sing, so although I was thinking about quitting I now have decided to go on.

All the others, thanks. Your compliments sometimes make me blush ^^.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you wish, and like, to sing I think you should continue.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Your voice probably improved as you grew, so that could explain why no one appreciated your singing in the past... heh.  I agree with Kor here (who wouldn't?).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It has changed, yes it did for sure. But my parents told me that they always knew I was quite a good singer. (never told me before i said this: 'MAMA mensen vinden mijn stem mooi!' which actually means: mum people like my voice...) I will keep on singing more LBT songs then.. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is good to hear.  Maybe other songs you like too.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

File Name : Things change. again.mp3  
Download link : http://www.driveway.com/v4m2x7z1u0  

File Name : Things change, a bit better.mp3  
Download link : http://www.driveway.com/x1s7r0g4w9  

haha there you go 2.. Will be singing again in some time :) for now my voice is taking a rest.