The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time Worldmap

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very true. But It could be done.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There are some points though which will be difficult to explain. For example how it is possible that there is a definitely "unmonitored" exit of the Great Valley into its "border region" where sharpteeth walk freely (in LBT 6). Even though this exit can be managed by Littlefoot's grandfather it seems to be impossible for any sharpteeth. Why?
If it was a save entrance for sharpteeth, what worth would the Great Valley's protection through the Great Wall anyway?
This is one question I failed to answer when I was drawing a map of the Great Valley a while ago.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Maybe there's some secret way to open it...considering these dinos are pretty smart, maybe they've crafted something.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for the dinosaurs of LBT I can't really imagine them to develope anything much more ingenious than what they did to close the gap in LBT 2. Also I don't see why they should be capable of constructing anything sharpteeth (who are able to smash even large rocks with their heads as you can see in the original and the 6th movie) couldn't pass.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Malte's right. The residents of the Great Valley are dependent on the natural walls on the Great Valley to protect themselves.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And the problem of this is that I cannot think of any physical barrier that would allow fully grown longnecks to pass, but not a comperatively little T-Rex or Allosaurus. Not to mention smaller Raptors (who could most likely pass through the very entrance Littlefoot and the others used when they first entered the Great Valley).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi!
Here is a map of a small part of the Great Valley which I created for the land before time story I'm working with at the moment. Unfortunately the quality suffered a bit from transforming the original bitmap into a jpeg. The map shows the south-eastern corner of the Great Valley. There are only two landmarks to be found in this map, which you will know from the movies. The gap in the Great Wall you can see on the upper right is the one through which Ali's herd entered the Valley in LBT 4, and right above it you can see "Lookout ledge", the ledge from where Littlefoot first spotted the herd.
On second thought, you also know that rocky wall that stretches into the Valley north of the ledge, but you know it only from its northern side (actually it should consist of a number of several rounded rocks, and it ought to be longer to match the view we got of it in the original movie). Because of the many landmarks we saw in the Great Valley during the sequel, but which we didn't see when Littlefoot was gazing over the Great Valley in the original movie, I assume that what Littlefoot saw in the original movie was only a fraction of the Valley which was surrounded by rocky walls (with very large gaps between them), so almost like a Valley inside the Valley. I drew a map depicting that theory as well, but I can't find it at the moment. It is the map I mentioned before, the one I never finished.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
WOWZERS!!! Nice pic Malte279. BTW, the previous map wasn't so bad, but it's not so detailed.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yet it is of no real use to LBT fans in general, refering only to one particular fanfiction. I once drew a map of the Great Valley trying to put in everything that had been shown in the movies so far. I had come up with some solutions for "problems" (e.g. how could the egg in LBT 2 role home while on the way to the eggeaters cave a deep canyon had to be crossed, and how come there are sharpteeth in the part of the Valley where Saurus Rock is (which seemed to be neither inside, nor outside the Great Valley)). If I find that map I'll post it here; if I don't, I might make another one some day.
Credit for the first map I posted here is NOT mine. Another fan made it and send it to me a long time ago.