The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello again

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, hello, GoF! It has certainly been quite a while, huh? Well, a good couple of months at least, anyway.

Firstly, sorry for my abrupt disappearance. Things just got really busy over the Christmas and New Year period and several commitments have prevented me from being on the net as much as I wanted to. There have been mocks at schools, I've finally gotten off my lazy butt and started to do more exercise, and there have been study sessions and Cadet nights happening all in the same evening at least twice a week, so it has indeed been quite busy and stressful lately.

Cadets has probably made things a lot busier than it needed to be, but it's been really fun. I managed to get an award for being best recruit of the year, I've taken part in a street parade, cross country competition, and last week I went flying in a two-man aircraft! It was probably the best decision of my life to join because the people there are so friendly and it's so much fun, but it's just a shame that it takes up so much time. :bang

Anyway, I hope everyone's been okay since I was last around. I've missed you guys terribly. :(

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey! Good to see you again! :DD Congrats on being cadet of the year! Such honor! :DD I myself was one of the best at the orientation for my new job, so it seems we share that in common. :smile Welcome back with us. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is nice to see you again.  :)  Congratulations on the honor.  I hope to see you around the forum in the weeks to come.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome back to the GoF! Like I told Cal, I'll just tell you to keep on kicking ass and taking names! :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congrats on getting the award you did.  It's good to see you here again.  Feel free to visit when you have time and are able to.  :)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Welcome back, somerandomfangirl - and a big congrats on that award!  :D

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome and just continue being awesome!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome back :wave

Glad to see you around again :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good to see you again! Welcome back :) Glad the Cadets turned out to be great for you!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thank guys. I might be keeping my head a bit low until I have a bit more time (though I don't see that happening anywhere in the near future :lol:), but I'll pop in when I can. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome again with us  :)
Congratulations for both your success with your cadet career and the happiness you derive from it :yes

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Figured I might revive this topic again rather than create a new one.

Hi gang! It's been, what, at least a year now? Time flies. I'm not entirely sure if I'll be very active on here (again lol), but even though my interests have changed and I've pretty much moved on from TLBT, I miss this place. I've been in a different fandom (you can probably guess by the new icon if it has uploaded properly) in the last year or so but I don't really want to leave the friends I made here behind.

Things have been... really different since I was last here. I've become an adult (scary!), got a new job giving kids extra Maths and English tuition, and have become a pretty big steam rail enthusiast. I did an engineering project on the railway with my school last year, saw a steam locomotive on the line when I went to visit an old signalbox, and have been in love ever since. XD Kind of a weird thing for someone my age to be into, but it's a new passion.

Right now I'm doing a horrible job of preparing for my A Level exams which start in mid-June, and then after that I'm off to uni! I've got a lot planned for over the summer. I want to start volunteering at my local locomotive works and learn to drive, as well as travel around visiting heritage railways across the country. And after that, I'm gonna get an engineering degree and hopefully work on the railway!

As for the past, well, stuff happened, as it does, but right now I'm feeling really happy with where I am. I've grown a lot as a person in the last few years, gotten more confident and feel more ready to take on the world. I'm still a six year old at heart, though. :lol I won't be around so much in the LBT sections anymore but I'll probably see you guys around elsewhere. :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I guess now you can change your signature to "The stereotypically moody ADULT". :D

Good luck with your exams!
Hope you realize your dreams! :)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck with your exams.  Always great to see a member return.  Even if one is not interested in LBT anymore there are other sections to talk in.  Like a latest movie you saw, and other things.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is great to see you back!  :) As Kor said, there are plenty of non-LBT topics on this forum, so do feel invited to join in any discussions that strike your fancy.  And good luck on the exams!

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's pretty hard not to come back to this place eventually :lol

Glad to hear you're doing great though, maybe I'll catch you over on skype someday? Haven't had a proper chat with you in a while ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! And David, I'll be more than happy to catch up on Skype at some point. Just shoot me a message whenever you're free. I have a phone that can actually handle Skype now so I'll be able to respond fairly quickly. :lol

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Welcome back to the Great Valley!

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith