The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Photobucket is aggressively blocking adblock users

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I went to use my photobucket account today and I got a lovely little message telling me to disable my adblocker or else.  I am unable to log into my account and I can't even access my photos.  I guess not enough people are paying for their stupid premium plans so they've resorted to locking down the accounts of long-time users until we agree to display their malware-serving, browser-freezing deluge of ads.  Whatever.  Hilariously enough, even when I whitelisted them just to access my content, they're STILL giving me the "turn off adblock or else" message. 

I've already given a long list of reasons in other threads for why I block ads, and I refuse to uninstall my adblocking software because i consider it a security essential. 

If I can get my pictures and download them, I need to find another photo hosting service that isn't run by a bunch of greedy, knuckle-dragging morons.   

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Wow, they're aren't just satisfied with a whitelist? Normally adding a site to the whitelist would be enough to not trigger the adblocker prompts.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I too would think that whitelisting them would be enough. If you PM me a link to your Photobucket, I can see if there’s anything I can do. I’m pretty good at figuring out ways around Photobucket’s greed, so maybe I can help you with your pics.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on September 04, 2018, 09:43:35 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on September 04, 2018, 09:43:35 PM
It's 2018, use imgur
^ Agreed. Photobucket is so 2008. PostIMG is another good one (even though they did give us a bit of a headache with their domain issue).

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not gonna worry about messing with the uploaded images.  I've got them backed up on my hard drive and I don't want t have to go through the hassle of relocating them or having to post all new links.  Any future images will be uploaded to a different website.