The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

[VO] Voice-over Main Discussion Topic

Ducky123 · 178 · 35097

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's a little video guide on how to record your voice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_VI9SwTwqw

1. Get your microphone and plug it into your computer. Most laptops have build-in mics, but an external mic is almost always better quality.
2. Get Goldwave, a free recording program.
3. Do a test recording to make sure that your microphone works.
4. Talk along with the movie, print the script if necessary: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n9Lb5eA...dit?usp=sharing
5. Save the file as your name - scene - littlefoot.wav (no need to install any codecs for mp3 or the like)
6. Send the files to me. Just contact me and we'll figure out a way to get the files to the right side.

7. Have fun :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the guide, Iris :)

However, I'm afraid I won't participate at the actual dubbing due to many reasons I don't like to name now. There are plenty of members who want to participate so I don't need to participate anyway :yes

Anyway, what exactly should everyone record? A test recording in which everyone says some lines of the character(s) they want to dub should be the first step imo to find the best dubber for each character :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
yeah sounds like a plan. So if everyone can just record several lines of their preferred character I'd love to receive those.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is probably a stupid question, but what format do we use to send the files? I'm finishing up a trial run of scene six but I am unsure of what I should do next O_o
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Um, well when you've recorded your voice you can save the file as a .wav and send those to me by mail. For now you can send them to the emailaddress thelionqueen@live.nl, or for those who have me on skype, via skype.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Oh wow, this looks like a lot of fun! If it's still going on, I would love to take part :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's definitely still going on! I've only received a couple of files so far from members who want to participate, so yeah... Feel free to join in! :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe you or I could PM those members who said they'd be interested but haven't sent you one yet...
And welcome to the project, DarkWolf91 :wave

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As soon as I find time (probably thursday or friday) I'll try to organize everything regarding the project and will make a newly updated list of members participating :)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome :DD look forward to it!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay so the files I've received so far are the following:

Littlefoot:
Ducky: StrutEggStealer
Cera: DarkWolf91
Petrie: The Anonymous Person
Mother Longneck:
Narrator: The Anonymous Person
Rooter:
Cera's Father: The Anonymous Person

So, still plenty of space for people who want to join :) I'll audition for Littlefoot's mom myself when I find time.

EDIT:

As I've only rendered scene 1 and 2 without vocals so far, I've only been able to use DarkWolf's recording for cera in the following clip:

https://vimeo.com/76607648 (It'll take 40 minutes to process from the moment I post this, but I thought I'd share the link already in case I forget later on)

I will now start working on rendering the other scenes voiceless :)

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I was pretty sure I sent some files, too, but either I lied or they must not work for you. I'll try again when I have the time, probably this weekend or so.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh woops! I already had the feeling that I forgot someone. You were the first to send files TAP, they were pretty far back in my inbox already! I received your new files and will take a look at both the old and new for the audition video :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, bump I guess :angel

I've just talked about this project with Mumbling. We still need at least two more files (Littlefoot & Rooter). Mumbling will do Littlefoot's Mother.

For Littlefoot, we have Littlefoot1616 and somerandomfangirl (write out me :p)  
For Rooter, we have Dosu2Dinner
And I've seen that Belmont2500 showed interest in the role of the narrator.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*Raises hand* I can do a pretty good Littlefoot voice..even though I'm a girl...

Shorty was voiced by a woman in the TV episode..so was Rhett. So really,can I try for Littlefoot too?

Let me know if yes and I'll send an  audition.

Though Littlefoot will suddenly have an Australian accent...xD would that be okay

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I still need any audition for Littlefoot so feel free to send in something, Nahla!

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure,do I just pick a scene and voice Littlefoot for it? Or do I get given one?

Also I'm gonna practice a few days if thats okay,saying a few words  in 'Littlefoot voice' is one thing,adding emotion is another. I'll have it in by Friday or Saturday,as I am supposed to go with my mum and go house looking on Friday as our current one is up for sale and we don't want to stay in it if we change owners. Not sure how long it will take so if not Friday I'll send it Saturday morning. My time anyway.

Also should I just upload it to SoundCloud and link,or do I send it direct to someone?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Take your time, I'm kind of busy with exams etc. anyway. There are instructions on how and where to send your audition somewhere in this topic... :p

Anyway, it would be nice if you could do something from the first two scenes since I have got those two prepared. You can send them to my emailaddress thelionqueen@live.nl