The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you watching?

Amaranthine · 1782 · 122134

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that Evangelion is on Netflix my roommate is making me watch it  :PCera

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
^That movie is actually on my watch list. :)
Hmm, I have no idea when I'm going to watch any of the movies on my watch list quite frankly.

Well, I'm staying tuned for new episodes of Season 9 for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic every Saturday.

Can you contact me once you have watched it? I want to hear your opinion about it. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Has anyone ever seen The Dragon Prince? That's a Netflix show I've been wanting to check out.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

Can you contact me once you have watched it? I want to hear your opinion about it. :)

Sure thing!

_________

On YouTube, I was watching this particular YTP, which I've seen in the past, but it's one of the best and most creative ones I've seen ever. It's called Mr. Krabs&#039; Unquenchable Blood Lust
Mr. Krabs' Unquenchable Blood Lust
. Unlike most other YTP's, this one has an actual story to it, which makes it pretty special in my opinion. I will warn some viewers, this contains blood, violence, and a jump scares in the beginning as well, so be prepared for that. It has almost no profanity, but there's two instances of profanity as far as I'm concerned. There's mostly teens and adults on this site, but I'm putting these disclaimers just in case. Anyway, you'll enjoy watching this! :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hot Fuzz, another good one. I like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost combo quite a lot. Brilliant actors.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I need to see Hot Fuzz again. I saw it once and really enjoyed it, but that was probably about 10 years ago now. For that matter, I need to watch Shaun of the Dead again.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shaun of the Dead is a very good one as well. Have you seen The World's End?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recently discovered and started watching Kimba The White Lion (Jungle Emperor Leo), made by a person known as Osamu Tezuka. I'm very happy that I found out about this Japanese anime, which first aired in Japan on October 6, 1965. It's also interesting to note that the original manga of Kimba first came out on November of 1950. I'm enjoying the original 1965 series so far, and Kimba is just so adorable! He must be protected at all costs in my opinion. It's really sad on what happened in episode one, but no spoilers obviously! :p

...So yeah, imagine finding out that The Lion King basically ripped off Kimba The White Lion, and the Disney Company actually tried to file a cease & desist against the company who released the Jungle Emperor Leo movie in 1997. While both movies were being produced in the same year of 1989, the latter would be released three years after the former.

Obviously, this topic would be old for anyone who knew about the controversy since the initial film release of The Lion King, but you'd be shocked to know that so many people (including me) didn't know about it until just recently. Disney has done a good job hiding this fact from Westerners it seems. Why wouldn't the company that produced Kimba The White Lion sue Disney? Well, Disney has the best lawyers according to them, and a small company like them would stand no chance.

If anyone is interested, this video should cover everything I already said here, plus a lot more detail and elaboration.

Fun Fact: It was the first color animated TV series made in Japan.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:55:27 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's Friday evening, so I'm watching BattleBots right now.

"It's robot fightin' time!"

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"We gotta be able to get some kinda reading on that shield, up or down!...well then how could they be jamming us if they don't know...if we're coming?..."

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Shaun of the Dead is a very good one as well. Have you seen The World's End?

No, although I want to see that one as well.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Sailor Moon Crystal
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recently watched Dora & The Lost City of Gold in theaters.

Spoiler: ShowHide
I went in with low expectations, but I overall enjoyed the movie. All the classic perks of what should be in a Dora episode are present here. There are some critiques I'd like to address though. Boots' face looks like a demon, Swiper the Fox's design is meh, and of course the many common movie clichés that are present, which makes it an overall predictable movie as well. But the move is fun, lighthearted, and I liked how Dora brings the most dangerous weapons in her backpack to the school field trip, which ends up becoming an adventure after they get kidnapped and brung back by airplane to the jungle. When Dora meets Diego again years after he left for the city, you notice a huge personality change in him when they last saw each other. He's more serious, less cheerful, and a hardened man. It makes total sense in that context. I liked how hard Dora tried to fit in with the rest of the high school students. But once he was back in the jungle with Dora, his old inner self surfaced by the end of the movie. The highlight of this movie was when Dora becomes high on the pollen of big flowers and hallucinates that everything is 2D animated. Her map and backpack are now anthropomorphic, and all of her animal friends are there. She wakes up later after that, thinking it was a dream. If there's one theme of the movie that was screamed in your face so many times, it's the "Anything is possible" theme. Like literally, it's not just shown or implied, it's even said by the characters many times. Another theme that is prominent in the movie is to "Be yourself."

But overall, I was thoroughly surprised and oddly satisfied. :)
I bet you though that a fully made CollegeHumor Dora The Explorer movie would blow this one out of the water!

Speaking of which, has anyone seen the CollegeHumor Dora The Explorer Movie trailer? I kinda wish that version was made instead, but oh well. Here&#039;s the video.
Here's the video.

They do have a three part series called Dora the Explorer and the Destiny Medallion though, so at least something came out of that idea. Here's Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 if you are interested.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The last movie I saw was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. My local theatre was doing a marathon of all the Harry Potter movies. It was pretty cool.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Next up, my theatre will be doing a marathon of all the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies. Also pretty cool!

I recently discovered and started watching Kimba The White Lion (Jungle Emperor Leo), made by a person known as Osamu Tezuka. I'm very happy that I found out about this Japanese anime, which first aired in Japan on October 6, 1965. It's also interesting to note that the original manga of Kimba first came out on November of 1950. I'm enjoying the original 1965 series so far, and Kimba is just so adorable! He must be protected at all costs in my opinion. It's really sad on what happened in episode one, but no spoilers obviously! :p

Responding to an older comment here. @ImpracticalDino, what did you think of Kimba the White Lion? How does it compare to The Lion King? As a series, I'd imagine the story is more fleshed out in places.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@StardustSoldier: I honestly couldn’t give you an accurate comparison right now if I wanted to. I haven’t seen The Lion King in such a long time, and I have only viewed the first thirteen episodes or so of Kimba The White Lion. And yes, you are right in your assumption that the story is more fleshed out in places. I also really like some of the lessons and elements present in the TV show that will obviously almost never be shown in today’s cartoons, so there’s that.

I am currently watching Hairspray (2007) on TV, a movie musical that I watched in 7th Grade. I love the songs in this movie, and the message it sends out to it’s audience is wonderful. It takes place in the city of Baltimore in the 60s, when segregation is was prominent. Tracy Turnblad is the main character in the movie that ultimately helps resolve that issue by the end of the movie.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Gilmore Girls, Season 5.

Jaxton got elected town selectman.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Only three episodes left to go now.
:)petrie

It's been good, albeit bittersweet.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Primal and The West Wing.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@StardustSoldier Man I need to get on watching that. I started watching from the beginning of the Clone Wars because my friend hadn't seen them yet (and also he has Disney+ haha). That got put to a halt though with all this quarantine stuff though.