The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your best and worst moments in video games?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
My best moment was when I beat Pokemon Red with only a Magikarp. I'm actually the first person in the world to successfully do it! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FvtA9byJs4

My worst moment was in a game of Left 4 Dead 2. Everybody died except me during the finale, but I singlehandedly grabbed the last 4 gas cans, killed a whole wave of zombies on my own, and was being chased by a Tank to reach the getaway car. I heard a Smoker and stopped to kill it, couldn't find it for several seconds, then it sniped me so I died. I should have just kept running, the few seconds it took to arrive would have been enough to reach the getaway van!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ very cool Magikarp run! :D

I'm trying to think what my best moments would be. I guess I have a couple of things I am proud of.

Most recently I took part in a 2 month Old School Runescape grind called Trailblazer League. Over 280,000 players started the challenge and I ended up at rank 1068. I learned so much about the game in that short period of time and am super proud of myself for ending up high in the top 1% of players.

In general I'm pretty happy with all the games I played & finished on stream. I made a little compilation video at some point showcasing highlights of most of the games I went through. Warning, spoilers & language :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWrQscqY58

I got good at some skills in Puzzle Pirates, like blacksmithing & carpentry. I also managed to do a continuous streak of over 25 minutes in Diner Dash. There's probably loads more but I don't remember those and didn't archive them in any way.

Worst has to be all the failures. Trying for hours & then giving up. Here's a fun one Flathead recently reminded me of (though I did eventually manage to beat the game on permadeath):

https://twitter.com/Ariscily/status/1306299625897254912

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
The best moment has to be from my favorite indie game, Terraria, where after 10 tries, I finally defeat Wall of Flesh on the Nintendo Switch.  You don’t want to know how much I was screaming in excitement.

The worst moment has to be from Puzzle Dragons Z for 3DS (I mean, I got it because it came bundled with a Mario edition), where I had to fight some rival with a dragon.  At first, it was easy, but then when it got to low HP, it somehow throws out an OP attack where it insta-kills me, and ever since that happened, I could never defeat that rival.  I don’t know what the developers did with that rival boss, but come on, even the Mario edition goes easy on me by giving me another chance, the other edition just sends me back to the main hub, and I have to go all the way back to that one level with the rival.  It’s pretty frustrating…  :ChomperEww

fried-longneck

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Jesse,my iceberg has 200 entries
    • View Profile
I don't have the best moment,but I think,that glow squid winning the vote counts

Also,I don't have a worst moment in games,because there is
so many of them

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Best moment in a game is when I win "Mario Kart 7" online. I love that!

My worst video game moment? Well, there are two. I once appeared to have won a race online, but there was lag, and it showed that I came in second by like, a hair. And I spent about an hour trying to finish a game that I then later found out was never successfully beaten ever. No videos of someone finishing the game, and no pictures of the game beaten. This only applies to the Wii version, which is the one I own. PlayStation and Xbox have many videos of the game completed.
Go Chomper!