The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Wars: Coalition

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

It is an era of war, the clashing forces of the REBEL ALLIANCE and the GALACTIC EMPIRE are locked in fierce conflict over the fate of the galaxy. Jedi knight Luke Skywalker has returned to his home planet of Tatooine in an attempt to rescue his friend Han Solo from the clutches of the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt.

Little does Luke know that the GALACTIC EMPIRE has secretly begun construction on a new armored space station even more powerful than the first dreaded Death Star.

However, unknown to both sides, hiding in the dark are the last of what remains of the previous Jedi Order, that was brought down at the end of the Clone Wars. Jedi and padawans alike are hidden from the Empire's iron fist. But unknown to all, is that another dark force is rising...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The bartender cleaned a shot glass on his counter with one hand and played with the cock on his antique slug thrower with the other. The counter was long and rectangular, and from the far rows down half of lord Jabba's guests were either passed out on their stools or soon would be, and he had half a mind at the moment to simply haul them out to a different room. After all: a seat with a passed out drunk in it was one less seat with a paying customer in it.
Now all that was left were a Rodian who's head nearly drooped into his drink every few mintues only for him to pull it back, a drunk Bothan, a barely tipsy Nazzar, and a Dug that wouldn't shut up about his pod racing days.
The Nazzar scowled at the bothan, who was trying to snake a hand over onto her arm, and knocking it off every time it got close.
"Well, how do you know I'm not a spy," the Bothan lisped with a giddy smile.
The Nazzar raised an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure the Bothans don't put drunkards in their spynet," she said simply, turning back to her drink to sip from it lightly. The dug kept babbling on and on, and nether she or the bartender could make out a word he was saying except for snatches here and there. The bartender quietly nodded to the Dug over the blairing jizz band in the background and the sound of the dancers out on the floor, occasionally muttering a 'yep', and occasionally quietly pushing another drink into the Dug's grip without being asked. The Nazzar had half a mind to call him out on this, but honestly, she was too annoyed by the babbling little squirt to do him any favors.
"Hey," the bothan said, blinking as if he suddenly forgot where he was and then remembered again in an instant. "I'm only drunk now. Give me a couple of hours 'n I'll be rearing to go for any 'n all types of precision activity." He slurred precision as 'prensision', and then seemed to laugh after a painful hesitating second later. The Nazzar gritted her teeth and got up. "If I see you one more time tonight," she hissed, "I'm gonna unfreeze that wall ornament of Jabba's and put you in his place!" She slammed her glass on the counter, causing the Rodian to wake up from his stupor, and the bartender simply kept on cleaning the same glass, intermixed with the clicking of his primitive projectile weapon. The bothan smirked quietly, giggling a little to himself. "Oh, trussst me babeh," the bothan slurred, giggling into his glass as the Nazzar was lost into the crowd of smugglers, drug dealers, and bounty hunters all dancing in front of the fat slug lord himself, "Next time you see me... I really will be up for some 'precision work'..." He seemed to laugh at this. The bartender didn't notice. In jabba's palace, the only thing more common than the drunks were the idiots.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Not far off, a young human was bringing meals to the the hutt himself as well as his pet, as Jabba liked to call her.

He was quite a good cook from what had everyone had told him.

"Supper is served, mighty Jabba." He said, laying a platter filled with rather mushy-looking food fit for a hutt.

"Ah, you've outdone yourself again, Eolus." Jabba replied in Huttese as he sampled the food.

"All in a day's work, I suppose."

The boy then turned to the young, green-skinned Twi'lek chained to Jabba's throne.

"Here you are Oola, I snuck in a few of those herbs you liked." He whispered into her ear. She smiled and nodded as he went to get her platter.

"Hold on, Eolus. Give my pet's food to me." the hutt demanded.

Eolus frowned slightly, he knew that Jabba was just going to dump her food on his body and force the girl to eat off of him.

"Well boy!" came the rather agressive Huttese. Clearly Jabba was getting impatient.

Eolus signed softly. "Yes, lord Jabba." He replied as he handed Oola's platter to the hutt, immediately turning to the Twi'lek and mouthing the words "I'm sorry" to her.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As the food was brought in, the main door to the palace swung open, and a hooded figure walked in, clad in a set of black robes that flowed about him as he walked.  On either hip sat a plain black scabbard, with an ornate sword hilt protruding from them.  In his right hand, he held an elegant black staff, with a curved, ornate decorated top.  Calmly and with no ceremony, he walked up to Jabba's throne, coldly producing a set of severed droid heads as well as one skull belonging to a difficult-to identify species, tossing them to the crime lord's platform.

"Your most recent bounties, Lord Jabba.  They were hardly any challenge at all.  In fact, they were all dreadfully dull.  I certainly hope that who or whatever you need me to hunt down next, they'll provide a decent challenge."

He said coolly, glancing up at Eolus, a faint glow seeming to come from under the hood. Turning on his heel, he made his way back towards the bar, taking a seat at the bar, glancing at the Bothan, then, as he got his drink, he turned and once again looked back towards Jabba and Eolus.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Eolus left quietly, his head bowed. It was common for him to feel this way, after all, who would be content in a place such as this? Making his way back to the kitchen, Eolus went back to sorting ingredients to hopefully get his mind off what could be going on but we wondered about the bounty hunter that had arrived.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well done, you have my hospitality, bounty hunter. I promise your next contract will be more of a risk." Jabba replied in huttese.

Oola remained silent, not wanting to risk igniting her master's wrath.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian nodded from his spot, chuckling a little.
"Understood, my lord.  Just call on me when you need more bounties taken care of."
He said in reply, a faint shimmer of his teeth visible under the hood of his robe.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The bartender watched as lord Jabba dealt with the bounty hunter. It wasn't that the sight was particularly unusual: he just needed to keep his attention somewhere else at the moment, or he would be sorely tempted to demonstrate to the babbling Dug how his slug thrower worked.
He was just about to turn to the Dug and tell him to shut up before the drunk Bothan leaned over and began to whisper something in his ear. The Dug paused, which allowed a brief, beautiful moment of silence to fall over the bar counter-- or at least as much silence as Jabba's Palace would allow at this time of day.
Sighing, he walked over to the Rodan and muttered for him to pay now before he passed out. The Rodan complied. Walking back, he saw the Bothan was still whispering something to the Dug, and the Dug was still silently listening. Curious, the bartender leaned in to try to listen.
He was surprised: the Bothan was speaking the Dug language. Pretty fluently, in fact. Still, he supposed it was better that it was being whispered rather than babbled. He went back to cleaning his glasses.
After a while, the Bothan stopped whispering and the Dug said something to him. Then he [the dug] got off his stool and walked into the crowd. The bothan smiled. The bartender shook his head.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
From his seat at the bar, the hooded figure turned to watch the Bothan intently, small flicks of movement coming from under his hood as he did so, idly gesturing at the barkeep for another drink...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The Bothan was giggling like a child who had just been told a dirty joke, and was beginning to lean heavily on the counter for support. The bartender decided that he'd probably pass out if given any more to drink, and turned to the hooded man sitting at a shadier end of the counter.
"Same as before?" he grunted, referencing what the hooded man would like to drink.

The Nazzar pushed away several bounty hunters that had asked her for a dance and made a bee line to the guard room. The very instant she saw one of those hideous pig-faced brutes with the axe, she gingerly lay near the wall and shivered a little, her brow curling down into a state of distress. "I wish lord Jabba would dial d-down the air conditioning in here..." she murmured weakly. The guards blinked at each other, and then shared slimy grins as they walked over to her.
"You wanna go somewhere warm, miss?"
The Nazzar gave a polite nod.
"Oh... that would be lovely," she said with a bashful smile. "Please... Lead the way."

The Dug walked up to a advisor sitting fairly close to Jabba and his 'pet' and began to babble in the Dug language.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The man blinked a couple of times, then noticed the Nazzar walking off towards the guards rooms.  
"On second thought, hold onto that drink.  I'll be back.  I think there's something I need to take care of."
He said, standing up and walking towards the room she had entered...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The bartender scowled as the hood ran off. Then, the Bothan suddenly erupted into full blown laughter behind him. Blood crawled into the veins of the bartender's eyes and swung his slug thrower around and aimed it right at the Bothan's head.
"Will you shut the hell up!" he barked, barreling down behind the counter and jamming the barrel of the antique against the Bothan's head.
He was pleased to see a look of understanding cross the Bothan's face. He raised up his hands shakily and nodded his head against the barrel.
"I-I'm sorry," the Bothan slurred. "I-I'll leave, I'll leave."
"Get out of my bar," the bartender growled, motioning with the slug thrower as the Bothan shakily got to his feet, walked towards the crowd... and then tripped. He blinked for a moment before doing the ol' hyena act again. The bartender watched with disgust before turning to the rows of bottles. He dearly needed a drink. He reached for the bottle of Grappeli, then suddenly changed his mind halfway through, reaching for the Reinhardt Ale.  As he contemplated the miseries of his own life, his job, and the life and jobs of those around him, he popped the cork on the bottle while looking over his shoulder. The Bothan was gone.
"I'll drink to that," he muttered, and took a swig.

Jabba turned his gaze to the Dug that was babbling to one of his advisors, about to tell him to buzz off. His eyes widened slightly.
"Now this is a suprise!" he said in pleased sounding Huttese. The Dug looked up, and smiled with a dumpy bow.
"It's a tremendous honor to be in your palace again, lord Jabba," the Dug responded in fairly fluent Huttese.
The advisor raised an eyebrow as Lord Jabba suddenly patted his throne, invitng the gangly, aged looking Dug to sit with him.
"My friend, it's a pleasure to have you here in my home. It has been a while, hasn't it, Sebulba?"

The Nazzar had her arm wrapped around one of the guards as they led her to one of the back rooms, giggling like a schoolboys.
"I missed you boys! God, I thought I was about to die of boredom out there," she said, perking her floppy ears in a clearly flirtatious manner. The guards laughed
"Yesterday, the day before, the day before that-- you just don't stop, do you, beautiful?" one guard chuckled as he licked his lips. "I don't know how you keep that perk of yours up."
The Nazzar smiled and said: "Oh, I just have a talent for hitting up guys like you two," she said sweetly as they led her to a door. One of the guards unlocked it with their voice code, and thumbprint before going in, while the guard the Nazzar was hanging on to wore a big, stupid excited grin.
"They're gonna have to rewrite the book of love for all I'm gonna do to you, baby."
The Nazzar blinked and smiled.
"Hehe, I can't wait."
The door closed behind them as a guard turned off the lights. There was some muffled banter, and some laughter from the guards. Then, suddenly, there was a harsh banging sound and a few grunts, followed by silence. The crevice under the door lit up again.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian leaned against the wall not too far from the Nazzar's room, eyes shut as he chuckled.  
"Well.  Seems my presence wasn't going to end up being necessary.  Ah, well.  May as well see how this...plays out."
He said softly to himself...

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Eolus sighed and bent down to open up a compartment that he had hidden opened up and rummaged through it before taking out what was kept away from prying eyes.

some called it an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Eolus ignited the Lightsaber and watched as the green blade emerged. It had been so long ago that his mother was teaching him the ways of the jedi, perhaps even a lifetime ago. The saber's humming even reminded him of the days they would spend training back on Rhen Var.

A tear rolled down the boy's face as he shut the lightsaber off and returned it to the hidden compartment.

"Someday, I'll get out of here and she'll be coming with me." he muttered.

--------------------------

Oola shuttered as Jabba pulled her closer to him.

"And you, I have plans for you later, my sweet." the hutt said.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The Nazzar cocked an ear, swearing she had heard a voice from outside the door. She waited a few long tense moments, one of her hands creeping to the blaster hidden under her gown. One of the guards suddenly grunted in his sleep, and she jumped, scowling.
"Ugh, I'm not sure if Jabba or his guards are more repulsive," she sighed taking out her reserve needle of tranquilizer to give the guard an extra dosage. Issac had told her two doses was the absolute maximum: any more, and these two shining examples of Jabba's finest wouldn't wake up again. 'Don't tempt me,' she thought as she stuck a death stick into her mouth and let it sit there, unlit. She rolled the two up into a sitting position against the wall and took out a scanner to sweep the place for any surveillance devices. She kept one hand fairly close to her blaster. Call it intuition, call it paranoia, call it whatever you want-- she had gut feeling that it would be good to keep it in reach for the time being.

Lord Jabba and Sebulba laughed.
"I do remember that race!" Jabba chuckled. "That Gungan was a favorite among the gamblers. Whatever became of him after that crash?"
Sebulba politely accepted some of the creatures from Jabba's plate to eat and said: "Well, I hear he retired after that race and got a nice steady job as urn insulation."
The pair laughed hard at this. The advisor looked on in silence, occasionally glancing to the side to look at Jabba's slave girl.
"Ah, that's what I like about you, Sebulba. You're my kind of scumbag."
The dug bowed as if this was an incredibly gracious compliment. Of course, 'bowed' might be a generous way of putting it: he bent his elbows slightly.
"Always a pleasure to hear that from you, Lord Jabba."
"What do dugs like to eat?" Jabba asked suddenly
Sebulba paused and looked up at this question looking at him for a few moments before saying. "Marcoons, my lord."
The hutt turned his massive, slimy neck to his advisor and said: "Bring us some."
"As you wish, my lord."
As the advisor walked off, Jabba was gazing at his slave girl again. Sebulba's eyes flickered to the crowd before coming back again.
"Should we have something to drink with those?"

The Nazzar looked at her watch, scowling. "Issac, I swear to god, if you leave me in here with these twerps..." she muttered, twirling her Westar in between her fingers.
But it was more than being locked in a room with two throughly unconscious perverts: she had this awful nagging feeling she had been followed. She wanted to bring this up to Issac immediately, if she could. If he ever got here.
There was a heavy knock at the metal door. The Nazzar stood up, her eyes narrow and the barrel of her Westar pointed directly at the door.
"Hehe! One minute~!" she called out in the most churlish voice she could manage, but her scowl remained even as she called out. She crept up to the door, the deathstick lolling out between her puckered lips, and like ripping off a bandaid she threw the door open and pointed her blaster out the threshold. She didn't see anyone.
"Who's there?" she muttered harshly to the empty hallway. "Why did you follow me? Answer me!"
"Well," came a voice behind her, causing her to immediately pivot around at point the blaster back into the room. She saw no one.
"Someone's a little jumpy, me thinks," came a slightly slurred voice. The Nazzar watched as the Bothan deactivated his personal cloaking field, his unbearably smug grin easing her heart a little. The Nazzar shut the door and rolled her eyes.
"You really DID get drunk, didn't you?"
The Bothan swayed a little where he stood, and gave a bashful shrug. "Hey. It IS one of Jabba's last party's, after all."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The cloaked figure chuckled, seeming to phase into being in a corner of the room.
"Oh?  Let me guess.  Another group planning to assassinate Jabba, am I correct?"
He said coolly, a single glint of light visible from under his hood...

Mos Eisley Spaceport-Docking Bay

A simple, unmarked freighter drifted downward to land, carrying with it nothing but it's pilot.  A young Kitsuun woman, who had been led to the planet under the information that another of her species was there...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The Nazzar aimed her Westar at the stranger before his cloaking field had finished phasing out.
"I knew it," she spat through clenched teeth. "I knew I was being followed. Let me guess: your one of Jabba's bounty hunters, aren't you?"
The Bothan turned around blinking in drunk suprise and raising his hands.
"Well, you caught us," the Bothan said, sounding far less drunk now. The Nazzar shot him a suprised, angry look.
"What!?"
"The jig is up. Let's surrender-- maybe when he takes us to Jabba they'll kill us quickly instead of torturing us."
The Nazzar looked on with a blank, appalled expressions.
The Bothan raised an eyebrow to her. "Oh, and Sedona? For the record, Jr.'s in my bag over yonder," he said waving a foot over to a simple backpack not far from the Nazzar, who immediately looked over to it, and back to the figure. She dropped her pistol to the floor and raised her hands as well.
"He is, huh?... Alright. Let's surrender," Sedona said with a subtle annoyed scowl.

The advisor brought out a plate of toady, bloated looking creatures and set it on the throne between Jabba and Sebulba. Jabba had been recounting Sebulba's humiliating defeat a few decades ago on the Boonta Eve classic. Sebulba knew better than to get angry with the Hutt, and allowed Jabba to make all the jokes at his expense as he wanted. When the plate arrived, Jabba looked over the meal with a modestly impressed look.
"Ahhh, now this is a meal. This is fresh?"
The advisor nodded, and poured two glasses of wine for both Sebulba and Jabba. "Of course, lord Jabba. I must say, the chefs weren't expecting such an odd dish this evening."
Jabba waived a hand, not noticing how Sebulba slightly tightened at this phrase. "It's hardly odd. Simple, maybe, but simple meals often go best with the most exotic pleasures."
He leveled his gaze back to his slave girl as he said this, and popped one of the living Marcoons in his mouth right in front of them. The dug raised his glass of wine, watching the advisor warily as the advisor did the same to him.
"To you, Lord Jabba," Sebulba said, and drank. As the advisor watched him down his glass, he seemed more at ease as Jabba followed the Dug's example.
"Tell them to play it louder," Jabba commanded to his advisor after he set down his glass, pointing to the Jizz band. The advisor bowed. "As you wish, Lord Jabba."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The hooded figure raised it's hands, chuckling.
"Now, now.  It's not nice to jump to conclusions, you know.  Nor is it nice to point guns at people.  I'm not one of Jabba's.  Only a freelancer.  And an...interested party."
He said idly...

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The Nazzar and Bothan slowly tilted there heads as a man raised his hands and surrendered immediately after they had just raised their hands and surrendered.
"... Right," Sedona said as she gave the man a cock eyes look. "It's not nice to jump to conclusions after you immediately assume we're trying to kill Jabba."
"And that it's not nice to point guns at people when you are, in fact, a freelance bounty hunter who probably conducts the crux of his occupation by very efficiently pointing guns at people," the Bothan finished, still slurring slightly.
The Nazzar and the Bothan looked at each other.
"Alright, what should we do here? Should we show him Jr.?," Sedona sighed as she picked up her Westar, turning away from the bounty hunter as if she had suddenly forgotten he was there.
"... Well... He has a cloaking field..." the Bothan said slowly, and the Nazzar's eyes sharpened.
"No."
"And he DID manage to slip by your radar there, Mrs. Big Game Hunter..."
"Issac, we don't know a single thing about him. He could be with Jabba and just lying about it to lower our guards."
The Bothan gave a slow smile. "Why not give him a bottle?"
The Nazzar opened her mouth, looking ready to tell the Bothan that he was a complete idiot, but then paused. She blinked a few times as she looked back to the hooded figure, then back to the tipsy Bothan, then back to the bounty hunter again.
"... Your insane, Issac. We have everything worked out-- we don't need him."
The Bothan stood up from his sitting position, scratching his head a little before saying: "When the big day comes, a little more firepower could come in handy, eh?"
Sedona looked incredibly grumpy, her brow twitching as she desperately tried to find some overruling retort. In the end she just nashed at him and turned away. The Bothan held a hand over the two unconscious guards and closed his eyes.
"So Mr. Bounty hunter," the Bothan said as the corners of the lips of both unconcious guards began to twitch.
"You wanna help us kill Jabba, free his prisoners, and throw the underworld into a civil war?"

Jabba seemed to be looking more and more frequently at his slave girl, much to Sebulba's discomfort. He kept slaves as well, but he kept them tastefully. The looks that the hutt was shooting at poor chained girl made his skin crawl.
"So I thought Solo was one of your boys," Sebulba said as he took another swig of wine. The Hutt grunted.
"Solo tried to cut and run on his debts to me. He's lucky I use him as a wall ornament instead of an afternoon's entertainment."
Jabba crunched another Marcoon.
Sebulba decided not to continue on that thread of the conversation.
"Who brought him in?" He asked instead.
"Fett."
"Fett?" the dug uttered in suprise. "You wanted Solo THAT bad?"
The hutt's neck twisted so his gaze was on the dug. Although Sebulba had knew as soon as the Hutt had spoken to him, it didn't hit him until now how wasted on alcohol and party drugs he was. He looked even more horrifying and disgusting than usual, and blood vessels slithered across his slitted, piercing eyes.
 "The closest cuts hurt the worst, Sebulba."
Sebulba felt his heart race increase, and he nodded.
"Of course, Lord Jabba. Of course."

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Eolus had just got finished cooking the dish that his master's adviser, Bib Fortuna, had ordered. It was not his best work but anything less would have the boy fed to the beast that Jabba kept under his throne room. With that Eolus walked back out to the throne room to see his master having a conversation with a Dug.

Silently, he made his way over and stood near Jabba, awaiting any further orders.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The hooded figure chuckled, nodding his head.  
"Very well. You have my assistance.  That...slug will be ended.  Finally."
He said coldly...