The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Coat o' Paint!

Horizon

• Ruby
  • Formerly known as "Fyn16"
    • View Profile
Hey all!

So I made myself a little promise with the migration to the new forum, and now that it's here, it's time to finally act upon it. First, allow me to clear something up. I am the writer formally known as "Fyn16." But, due to years upon years of realizing that naming myself after my primary character is probably not the best of ideas, I decided to wipe the slate clean once the forum reached the end of its great journey. So, Fyn16 is buried, and Horizon is here to stay.

Part of the idea behind changing my name was also to kick myself in the butt a bit. I've been a little inactive as of late, and I thought perhaps reinventing myself might give me the spark I need to get involved again! I've already resumed work on my fic, so I guess we'll see. In any case, it's great to be back. I have no qualms whatsoever about starting from zero again. In fact, it's almost a little refreshing. Time to work my way back up to where I was! Can't wait to get back in business.

I suppose if you all need any additional proof, I could... write something?  :lol
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 03:24:10 AM by Horizon »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Greetings with new name, Fyn!

How is changing username feature work on new forum?
Because it would be better if you save all data on your account. People like me search user's old topics and posts through it.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fyn will stay Fyn to me  :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
First of all, welcome back to the forum!  :smile I am glad that you made the transition to our new home.  The changing to a new forum is certainly a good time to make changes that either were not possible before, or perhaps inappropriate at the time.  If you wish I could add Fyn in parentheses so that people know your former identity, though if you do not want to do that, that is perfectly fine as well - I already had to do this for LettuceBacon&Tomato when the forum disliked the special character in his original username.  It might be a good idea for the first month or so to put "formerly known as Fyn16" in your title just to avoid confusion.  :yes

All that said, welcome aboard! It might be a new username, but it is nice to see the same friendly face return to our forum.  :smile

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We'll see if we cab combine your Fyn post count with your name alias .
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's good to see you back on the forum with such a cool name! :smile

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm pretty certain the username can be changed on the old account so all of "fyn16" posts reflect the new name.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome back Fyn..er, Horizon! Don't kick yourself too hard over your inactivity. If I did the same I would have been dead by now :p

Horizon

• Ruby
  • Formerly known as "Fyn16"
    • View Profile
Thanks for the warm re-welcome, everyone!

Regarding the posts from the mods, I'm not entirely sure I want my old post count to carry over. I'll get back to you on that. I will update my signature, however, so as not to confuse anyone.