The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

After a LONG Absence

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yes, it's me. pteranofan. It has been a long, looooong, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time since I've been on. I feel bad for disappearing for ages, but a lot of...things....have happened in the last year or so.

I was in a relationship with someone online for nine months and the break up was....baaaaad. I did a lot of thinking and self examination after that happened, and just so many things got in the way I had no time to keep up with everything.

But, I'm back....I hope I am welcome to do so >>;

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome back. whatever issues you have had, we don't hold them against you..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well thank you. ^^

Let's see....what's different in mah life now...

Oh, I graduated from high school and just turned 18 >>

Other than that, pretty much the same ol' me.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
will you be going to college.. if you think you can handle 4 more years of school, you should...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yes, I am going to college. I plan on being a high school math teacher, and eventually a professor at a university.

So yes....people having trouble with math on here....come to pteranofan >>

I was my senior year's Calculus Guru XD
People went to me more often than the teacher o.O

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome back to GOF!

I know life can be very hectic sometimes, so it's perfectly understandable that you needed time for yourself. Either way, I am glad that things straightened out for you, congratulations on graduating high school and turning 18, and I do hope you plan on going to college. It's hard, but it's so much fun.

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I actually start there in August. I'm a bit nervous, but not too worried.  :DD

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know it seems very intimidating at first. I know I was nervous the first couple weeks I started college, but I guarantee you that you will get used to it by the first month.

I've never really had problems with math. I just never liked math. Teaching seems to be a popular occupation though.

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hehe, math is my world. It's what I love, and I always enjoyed doing my math homework. ....Go ahead, call me a nerd now XD

But yeah, I've been told I have excellent public speaking and communication skills, and I love to teach others.

....and the antiderivative of 4x will always be 2x^2 + C.

>>;

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hey pteranofan, welcome back! :) I hope things have been going well for you.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Hi there! I don't believe I've ever spoken to you personally, but welcome back anyway. :)

Excellent public speaking and communication skills, eh? I envy you. :p

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Why thank you guys! ^^

And yeah, I was one of the best in my public speaking class when I was still in high school. Hehe, I don't know, it just comes naturally I guess.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know what you mean. I find myself to have excellent public speaking skills. I guess it just comes to you naturally, because a lot of people find me crazy because I'm not shy to talk with people.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I wouldn't say I'm the best public speaker around, but it's never really bothered me that much and I don't get nervous unless I don't know what the heck I'm talking about. :p One time I had to present a report on pages 81 - 111 of a book and I hadn't even read pages 0 - 81 yet!  She wouldn't let me!  Because of this, I had NO FREAKING CLUE about anything I was talking about.  I was nervous as heck.  I pulled through it with a D-.  She was the absolute worst teacher I've ever had.  She  pulled crap like that all the time.  She wouldn't give you the necessary tools and then she would fail you.  She seriously said "you've got 10 minutes to read pages 81 - 111 and then another 10 minutes to prepare a presentation" and I had never even seen the book before that day.  I only got half the pages read and my presentation really sucked.  Luckily no one really gave a crap except for her and I didn't get an F at least. :bang

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
She should have been fired.

I hate those kind of teachers. I mean how can you expect someone to create a presentation on something he or she has never heard of before in twenty minutes? It's not right. I had a few teachers like that, and I hated it. Those kind of people take their personal frustration out on their students, something I swear to never do as a teacher.

Maybe that's why I like Pterano so much, the guy's an EXCELLENT public speaker. He might have chosen a wrong path, but boy he could persuade anyone if he really wanted to. He has a way with words, hehe.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Welcome back, pteranofan!  :wave
Glad to have you back and I hope things work out for you now.  :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome back.  Hope your life continues to improve.  Glad you're good with math, most of math is gibberish to me.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: pteranofan,Jul 16 2010 on  04:40 AM
....and the antiderivative of 4x will always be 2x^2 + C.
Is "antiderivative" a regular term, or would I be the odd one out to call that the "indefinite integral"? (Although, admittedly, "antiderivative" is a little more intuitive...).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey! Welcome back with us pteranofan! I hope you didn't suffer too much from the breakup.