The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A youtube related question

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's something odd. When I used to pause a video on Youtube, the bar showing the controls and length would disapear, allowing me to take a "clean" screenshot. But now it just stays there, so I can't. Does anyone have any tips for how to make it automatically go away when paused?

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Yeah, it happens to me too. It is particularly annoying when you are watching something subbed (like those awesome CinemaSins videos) and the "interface" goes over the actual subs. So far, the only option I have to "fix" this problem is to briefly hover the mouse over the buttons until they go away (and yes, this is far from perfect).

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks. I can't even get it to go away doing that when I pause it, though.

What's weird is it used to go away. Not that long ago, actually.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So does anyone know what changed? Or is it just happening to some people, like me?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
My guess is the coding. That's all I can think of.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Aug 18 2015 on  01:15 PM
So does anyone know what changed? Or is it just happening to some people, like me?
I heard something about them don't wanting people to take screenshots on videos (hence, that annoying interface)... but that sounds like crazy talk more than anything.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Youtube made a lot of annoying changes recently... like that you can't turn off that the next video starts automatically when you're watching a playlist... I tend to watch/listen to the old things first which happen to be at the end of the playlists... and whenever a video ends (this is particularly annoying while listening to music) I have to hurry to prevent the playlist from going to the previous video :bang
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Aug 18 2015 on  08:39 PM
Youtube made a lot of annoying changes recently... like that you can't turn off that the next video starts automatically when you're watching a playlist... I tend to watch/listen to the old things first which happen to be at the end of the playlists... and whenever a video ends (this is particularly annoying while listening to music) I have to hurry to prevent the playlist from going to the previous video :bang
That change really annoyed me. I don't understand why they got rid of the option to turn autoplay off.  :bang I know the feeling exactly when it comes to listening to music in a playlist.

I've also noticed that the YouTube player has changed its look again recently, and the controls won't go away when the video is paused. I don't know why it's changed, but I can certainly see this annoying quite a few people. I don't really use YouTube for anything other than listening to music, so there won't be many changes that affect me so much (the whole auto-play malarkey aside). Maybe they don't want people taking screenshots of videos for copyright reasons?

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion