The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Related Scenes

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Were there any scenes from The Land Before Time Movies or Episodes, that are almost similar to any scene from either Jurassic Park, The Lost World Jurassic Park, and Jurassic Park III?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've never seen any of the JP movies so I wouldn't know. But don't they have a complete different goal?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I doubt it. The two movie series are completely different. Why do you want to know if there are similar scenes?

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 4 2009 on  08:13 AM
I doubt it. The two movie series are completely different. Why do you want to know if there are similar scenes?
For my movie ideas.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Well, just be careful not to copy the scenes. You can look for inspiration in scenes from other movies, but try not to copy the scenes because then it's no longer original and pretty much becomes a cardboard copy of what some other people had already came up with.

I'll try to give you an example of inspiration vs copying.

Let's take a scene from Jurassic Park III, the scene where Dr. Grant is surrounded by Velociraptors and then tear gas is thrown, providing him time to escape, and is saved by the young son (I forget his name). And let's replace Dr. Grant with an LBT character, perhaps Littlefoot, who is rescued by Petrie.

Now, in a situation where you directly copy the scene, the result would pretty much be roughly the same thing as in JPIII. The scene would take place in the woods, Littlefoot would see a raptor standing on a tree (just like in JPIII), they would surround him, and Petrie would save him by perhaps kicking up dust to cloud the raptor's view to enable Littlefoot to escape (just as the tear gas cloud prevented the raptors from seeing Dr. Grant).

But in a situation where the scene is inspired, but not a copy, the scene would probably go a different way. It would still have Littlefoot surrounded by Velociraptors. But instead of being on dry land near some trees, perhaps he would be in a swamp-type environment. And instead of clouding their view with dust, Petrie could come in, fly all around the raptors to distract them, perhaps even get them to chase him, providing time for Littlefoot to escape.

Now you don't have to use this scene example if you don't want to. I'm not suggesting you do. I'm just providing an example of how you can take a scene from JP and use it as inspiration for your ideas without making it stay so similar to the original scene that people will know it's a cardboard copy. To make a scene inspired by another original without making it a copy takes more than just changing the location and characters. Things like actions and dialogue (what the characters say) also have to be altered.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 4 2009 on  09:45 AM
Well, just be careful not to copy the scenes. You can look for inspiration in scenes from other movies, but try not to copy the scenes because then it's no longer original and pretty much becomes a cardboard copy of what some other people had already came up with.

I'll try to give you an example of inspiration vs copying.

Let's take a scene from Jurassic Park III, the scene where Dr. Grant is surrounded by Velociraptors and then tear gas is thrown, providing him time to escape, and is saved by the young son (I forget his name). And let's replace Dr. Grant with an LBT character, perhaps Littlefoot, who is rescued by Petrie.

Now, in a situation where you directly copy the scene, the result would pretty much be roughly the same thing as in JPIII. The scene would take place in the woods, Littlefoot would see a raptor standing on a tree (just like in JPIII), they would surround him, and Petrie would save him by perhaps kicking up dust to cloud the raptor's view to enable Littlefoot to escape (just as the tear gas cloud prevented the raptors from seeing Dr. Grant).

But in a situation where the scene is inspired, but not a copy, the scene would probably go a different way. It would still have Littlefoot surrounded by Velociraptors. But instead of being on dry land near some trees, perhaps he would be in a swamp-type environment. And instead of clouding their view with dust, Petrie could come in, fly all around the raptors to distract them, perhaps even get them to chase him, providing time for Littlefoot to escape.

Now you don't have to use this scene example if you don't want to. I'm not suggesting you do. I'm just providing an example of how you can take a scene from JP and use it as inspiration for your ideas without making it stay so similar to the original scene that people will know it's a cardboard copy. To make a scene inspired by another original without making it a copy takes more than just changing the location and characters. Things like actions and dialogue (what the characters say) also have to be altered.
Well can you judge that if it's an inspiration or I copied it, when I post my first Movie Example that user NeoGenesis005 is going to hold onto.