The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

well i like lbt and i got a tips abaout this

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hello! Nice to meet you! I also like the movies and the series!

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hey Chomper360; you wanted to share some LBT videos with me on YouTube, right?  (They sent an e-mail to my Inbox.)  Sure, when I next drop to Linux (which could be a while, so don't worry), I'll check it out with ya!  Anyway man, Shalom to you!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah; I use a combination of the two.  Can't give Windoze up because of some of the programs I use, but Linux is good too.  It just doesn't have everything I need.  (I hardly ever use anything without a GUI, though if need be, I can find my way around.)  My Windows security is too high for me to log into YouTube though, among other things. I can't chat, either; I have to use Gaim in Linux (KNOPPIX) to do that.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it's not as "compatible" as Windows; I can't run some games I'd like to - not that I play too many of them anymore - and some programs I use won't work with Linux.  Other than that, meh.  Not much difference I see, except that Linux DOES use much better coding.  (A hacker once found that a certain program coded for Windows was FORTY TIMES larger than it actually needed to be!)  And it can be very secure as well.  Mostly, by default.  By its very nature, Windows is pretty insecure; you really need to do your homework to improve it, but I already know what to do, mostly.  My ports are all stealthed (including the nasty 1025 that the native Windows Firewall CAN'T even close, resulting in that nast MS.Blaster worm a while back), raw sockets are shut down, Metafile Image Code Execution has been disabled...  Lots of stuff to keep track of, but, having started out in DOS, and working my way up to Windows 95, then 98, then 98SE, and now XP Media Center Edition, I'm familiar with Windows.  I'm comfortable with it, mostly.  I'm  still tapping into Linux; it's unbroken ground, however, I will say, it has some good compiling tools available...  That's always fun...

Hmm, anyway, I wonder if it's such a good idea to "clutter up" Chomper360's welcome post with this discussion...?  Not to be disrespectful to you or anything...