The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pokemon X & Y

Mumbling · 84 · 11489

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
New generation of Pokemon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9ajuoIwKNQ

What do you think?

For me personally, it actually looks good. I was not a fan of the 5th generation, but I'm wondering what they've got in store for us now. Might get myself a 3ds eventually for this :) The starters look okay (the fire one is a bit weird :p )

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Finally!  My 3DS has been collecting dust for nearly two years and finally there's something worth playing on it.

I stopped caring for the Pokemon after the 4th generation, but what continues to draw me to the games is how each game looks different from the next.  I'm stoked that they finally ditched sprites in favor of legit 3D graphics.  What has also caught my interest is how each region is based off real-life locations and I like trying to make cultural comparisons between what goes on in the game and what there is in real life.  I chuckled a bit when I went to Mt. Aso in Japan and found the cable car and lava rock peddler, and the giant steaming crater.  Just like in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.  :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ That's the nice thing of going to Japan :p

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
...Well, I don't know how I feel about the starters quite yet, but...that deer-type legendary. Wowwww

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, as a Pokemon Fan, I will buy this when it comes out.  Unlike the last game though, I already know what starter I'm going to pick before I even get it.

Will wait patiently for it to come out.

Only thing that surprises me is that they have yet to run out of ideas for new Pokemon designs.  5 generations with 649 different Pokemon total.  You'd think they'd run out by now. -_-

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They ran out, looking at some of them.

No offense meant :P:

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Yeah, the new starters are just... Yeah... Except for Fennekin. It's cool, although hardly original. :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
New pokemon revealed, and it's an Eevee Evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=pse_I1klRhA

Now the only questions are "what type?" and "how so you get it?".

Well, let's wait and see. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
How do you people even play Pokemon anymore?  I got out of it when it was still the original 151.  I tried playing a newer game and there are so many different ones nowadays with weird types like steel that I wasn't any good anymore.  It was hard keeping up with all the stats and everything when there was just 151.  Now with like what...500, how are you supposed to keep up?  Not to mention all the new things they've added by now.  Keeping up with all the stats and stuff must be a full time job.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well you know, if you get to play the games as a kid and just keep playing them when you grow into your teens, you're not missing out much.

Except for the 5th generation, no matter how hard I tried, I still hated it :p

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
My fiance is jazzed, she's a pokemon fanatic so the question really isn't if I'll get this game, it's when. I already know I'm going to name my Fennekin Chrome.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've never really gotten into the pokemon games myself so I can't really say anything about the series. The fact that that there is finally fully animated battles looks pretty cool, though it might help if they have to option to turn it off to speed the game up (like in Fire Emblem). I'll have to wait and see if X & Y interest me enough to get it. Having Charizard in it would be a good start.  :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Update!  4 New Pokemon and we get a full art look at the new Trainer Avatars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmmVpP0Q6g

About time they made a panda Pokemon.  Still trying to figure out my full team, though.  However, this panda may just go on it for the heck of it. :)

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Spinda was already a panda.
Oooh! I do like the panda design, though! Looks like he might be a dark/grass type.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LoyfeCycleProtector,May 12 2013 on  12:25 PM
Spinda was already a panda.
Technically, no!  This new Pokemon looks like a panda in every way, especially with the black and white coat.  Spinda however, no!  I'm sorry, but you cannot convince me with that one.  If you look me in the eye and tell me it's a panda, I'll laugh until my lungs burst because he just looks nothing like it.  A bear of some kind, yes, but a panda?  No, it is not.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree, pandas are adorable and it's good they're finally making a pokemon based fully on a panda. I'm looking forward to discovering its evolutions. Spinda was kind of like a panda, but also a bit like Teddiursa. So yeah, I'm glad to see that poke at least.

I'm wondering which of the four is supposed to be the new Rattata, Sentret, Bidoof etc... Since I assume the robin is the new Pidgey.

Also I don't think anyone posted about Mewtwo's new form. Is there anyone else disappointed that they are creating a 'form' for a perfectly fine old legendary? I'm glad they're bringing him back in, but it's unnecessary to give him forms like all those 5th gen legendaries.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Spinda is a panda, even though it doesn't look a lot like one. Lots of pokemon are like that: Nidoking is technically a rabbit, for example. But yeah, this is more of a 'real' panda.

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I love PokÈmon, but I will always prefer the older generations over the newer ones. I still have my old Red Version from 1999 and I still play it. :smile I used to have all of the Generation 1 and 2 games, but they stopped saving so I had to throw them away  :cry But thankfully, I found a way to play them online :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^If I may say so, Red and Blue should always continue saving. It is just Gold, Silver and Crystal which may stop saving. This is because they were the first games to run on a battery (which is why the clock worked in-game), but nintendo didn't think things through when they put the save game on the same battery.

I see Red & Blue so many times offered on ebay "WITH NEW BATTERY, SAVES AGAIN", which is so wrong :/ They didn't have batteries like that in the first place. Try open up the games and see for yourself :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^You're wrong, Mumbling!  I remember the day my old Blue Version stopped saving.  It didn't matter what I did, (beyond opening it up) it just would not save.

On top of that, I'm not the only one who has run into this problem.  Multiple people can testify that they too have lost all their data of their Gen 1 game due to the save battery going dead.

If I still had my Blue Version, I'd open it up and replace the battery inside.

Sorry Mumbling, but personal experience and multiple testimonies say otherwise. :)