The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Discussion

rhombus · 481 · 73733

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Mar 28 2017 on  05:41 PM
Ok, I decided to myself: I will finish the story anyway, even if it doesn't fit with time borders.
I believe main purpose of this promt - giving motivation and courage to write your own work. Even if it doesn't end here, in posted list of works at the end of month. Right? :D
That's correct, we certainly encourage creative writing, even if it doesn't fit in to the month's prompt.  :) The biggest leap is making that first story, and slowly growing as a writer.  If it does not fit into the prompt for the month it just will not appear on the masterlist.  But I, for one, would be glad to give you consturctive feedback on whatever you decide to write.   :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Ah, I really wish I could do more of these, but I'm afraid I'm just going to have to wait until summer break! I actually had a really funny idea for February's prompt involving Guido... and I might still write it as a one-off when I get the time :lol

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Good morning, everyone! After much consideration, I’ve decided that this month’s prompt will be as follows:

Write a story in which one of the Gang of Five or an OC is killed, and the rest of the gang must deal with the loss.

Unaging_Apatosaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fyn16,Apr 1 2017 on  12:37 AM
Good morning, everyone! After much consideration, I’ve decided that this month’s prompt will be as follows:

Write a story in which one of the Gang of Five or an OC is killed, and the rest of the gang must deal with the loss.
Another dark prompt? Don’t you think you two are taking this a little far?

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Unaging_Apatosaurus,Apr 1 2017 on  12:39 AM

I… what? Not really. People seem to enjoy writing this sort of thing.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fyn16,Apr 1 2017 on  12:40 AM

I mean… if it wasn’t for darker fics then what would I write?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky97

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Apr 1 2017 on  12:41 AM
Quote from: Fyn16,Apr 1 2017 on  12:40 AM

I mean… if it wasn’t for darker fics then what would I write?
Well there are all sorts of nice things you could write about! Yep, yep, yep!

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky97,Apr 1 2017 on  12:42 AM
Well there are all sorts of nice things you could write about! Yep, yep, yep!
 I understand that, but we’ve had our fair share of nice fics, too. I mean I went through a lot of time brainstorming to come up with this, so…

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Spike882,Apr 1 2017 on  12:43 AM
*Incoherent grunting*
Um… what is he saying?  That he wants food?

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Apr 1 2017 on  12:47 AM
Um… what is he saying?  That he wants food?
Probably  :lol

Ducky97

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fyn16,Apr 1 2017 on  12:48 AM
Quote from: rhombus,Apr 1 2017 on  12:47 AM
Um… what is he saying?  That he wants food?
Probably  :lol
Don’t be silly.  Spike said that although he enjoys stories that break the mould and deconstruct the tired deontological moral theories of Kant and others, that sometimes it is good to break out of one’s comfort zone.  He feels that to continue the tired narratives of the past would be to deprive you all of the chance to grow as a person. As Friedrich Nietzsche told us the will to power drives men to create, and it is the most important drive, more important than even the will to life.  The moment that drive dies so does the will to power, and with it, the spirit of the man.  And we do not want that, nope, nope, nope.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky97,Apr 1 2017 on  12:49 AM
Don’t be silly.  Spike said that although he enjoys stories that break the mould and deconstruct the tired deontological moral theories of Kant and others, that sometimes it is good to break out of one’s comfort zone.  He feels that to continue the tired narratives of the past would be to deprive you all of the chance to grow as a person. As Friedrich Nietzsche told us the will to power drives men to create, and it is the most important drive, more important than even the will to life.  The moment that drive dies so does the will to power, and with it, the spirit of the man.  And we do not want that, nope, nope, nope.
So… he doesn’t like the prompt either? Does anyone like the prompt?

Rear

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fyn16,Apr 1 2017 on  12:51 AM
So… he doesn’t like the prompt either? Does anyone like the prompt?
I do! :DD

What? Death can be beautiful too, you know.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rear,Apr 1 2017 on  12:53 AM
I do! :DD

What? Death can be beautiful too, you know.
Rear, given the present company, now might not be the best time for… you know. Maybe save that kind of talk for Sol?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wait a moment, you are an OC… aren’t you supposed to be stuck in one of Fyn’s stories?  I mean if you are here then… oh no.