The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic Park IV

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've always loved the JP series, but I'm afraid things are going to get bad now.  The story revolves around a new character who returns to Isla Nublar to retrieve the DNA cannister lost in the original and is kidnapped by the new head-honchos of InGen Corp.  Seems to run along the lines of the JP series, right?  That's not all.  The character is made to hire *gasp* five DEINONYCHUS MERCENARIES!  It sounds like there will be raptors that have human intelligence doing human work :blink:.  I don't know, but I think Spielberg is really out there on this storyline.  I'll go see it 'cuz it's JP, but this seems too, uh, weird...

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Actually, from what I heard, that plot idea was scrapped sometime ago. They are not going to use it.

So far the only thing that has become certain is that the story will probably focus on Dr. Sattler (the woman with Grant in the first movie) and she will play a role similar to JP3 but on a larger scale.

Here's what I know about the film.

Jurassic Park IV

In June 2002, director Steven Spielberg told Starlog magazine that he planned to produce Jurassic Park IV, and director Joe Johnston, who helmed Jurassic Park III, would direct it. In November 2002, screenwriter William Monahan was hired to write, with the film's release slated for summer 2005. In July 2003, Monahan completed the first draft, with the story no longer set in the jungle. Actor Sam Neill said he was returning as Dr. Alan Grant, with filming expected to begin in 2004 in California and Hawaii. In September 2004, screenwriter John Sayles was re-writing the script, with the film re-slated for a winter 2005 release. His second draft focused on the new character Nick Harris, who returns to Isla Nublar, the location of the first film, and retrieves Dennis Nedry's can of DNA. He is captured by the Grendel corporation, which now owns InGen, and he is hired to train five genetically modified Deinonychus as mercenaries.

In October 2004, paleontologist Jack Horner said he would return as technical adviser for the fourth film as he had done for previous Jurassic Park films. By April 2005, special effects artist Stan Winston explained that the delay in production was due to repeated revisions of the film's script, none of which satisfied Spielberg. According to Winston, "He felt neither of [the drafts] balanced the science and adventure elements effectively. It's a tough compromise to reach, as too much science will make the movie too talky, but too much adventure will make it seem hollow." In February 2006, producer Frank Marshall said filming would begin in 2007 for a 2008 release. In March 2007, Sam Neill said he was not asked to reprise his role as Dr. Alan Grant, while Laura Dern was asked to return for the new film, which Universal still wanted to release by 2008. Director Joe Johnston was also reported not to be directing the film. Richard Attenborough has been contacted about reprising the role of John Hammond. Laura Dern has confirmed her role in the film.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
The third was...pathetic...(especally the ending!) so I'm thinking the same with this one.

platvoetje

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/monsterhunterkill
i hope they dont change the storyline i love it how its now -_-

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I have to admit the draft plot involving Deinonychus mercenaries would have greatly appealed to me (more than the current one).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Is there really going to be a JP 4?

As far as I know, yes.

The third was...pathetic...(especally the ending!) so I'm thinking the same with this one.

I'd have to disagree. The third movie was the only JP movie that managed to scare me and some of the scenes involving the dinos were awesome in my opinion.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That Deinonychus Idea seems like a good one, i'd certainly be willing to see some genetically engineered dinos face off against some others to protect humans. :lol
Anyway, Even if that idea is not used, i'm still going to see JP4, it's been a while since i've watched a Jurassic Park movie.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
How did raptors evolve so quickly or were they trained?The plot sounds a little too cartoonish and fantasy like. Were they mutanted or experienced on?I hope that was the case because it doesn't sound right to have them behave too human? :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, I'm definitely going to go see it, for I love the JP series and dinosaurs :p.  I'm just saying the concept of engineered deinonychus mercenaries seems a bit odd for JP.  If it were a separate and original film, that would be different.  Who knows?  Maybe I've jumped the gun here.  I'm still going to see it.  Maybe it will be better than I think :yes.