The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What inspired your usernames?

Chomper98 · 71 · 10126

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I would like to know how you came up with your usernames.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
My nose in real life is bent to right sometimes. If I have an cold my nose goes to the right a lot and looks really ugly as so do I. A lot of people make fun of it on YouTube sometimes. So I thought I have it as my username here. :DD

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
DarkHououmon is the name of a female digimon antagonist from an ancient, unfinished, and awful Mary-Sue Digimon fanfic I wrote many years ago. I liked Hououmon, and I liked the viral versions of Digimon, so I just made one out of Hououmon, thus DarkHououmon. This was before I knew of the english name, Phoenixmon.

Nowadays, I no longer use the character of DarkHououmon, and instead use the name strictly as a username.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've used VonBoy everywhere I've been on the internet for about the last 10 years. I really just got it from my real first name, Vaughn.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess mine's obvious, but yea, I just always liked Littlefoot. I guess it was all I could think of at the time. Gee it really was such a long time ago :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Malte is my actual real first name while 279 stands for the 27th of september (over here the day is given before the month), my birthday.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've been a huge Bionicle fan for a very long time, so I wanted a username that reflected that, but not sound so unfamiliar to everyone. One of my favorite Bionicle characters, Takua (who you see as my avatar image), was entitled "Chronicler" in the storyline for a while, so I decided to use that as my username. (I figured it was fitting, since I also had plans at the time of writing my first fanfiction, Quest for the Energy Stones.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
It was inspired by the movie, Happy Feet. Among my favorite characters were the skuas, and I loved how their New Jersey accent had them saying 'Flipper Boid' instead of Flipper Bird. It's been my universal username ever since. :DD

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Serris is the name of one of the bosses in Metroid Fusion, the first Metroid game I played.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
nick is my real name and i was 22 whewn i joined in 2004. obviously i'm no longer 22- i'm 29. but i've keot as i dont believe in changing names
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Fyn: my first and favorite OC.

16: My college graduation year, as well as my favorite number.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My name is based off of my love for Pokemon.  I still consider myself a fan, despite the fact it's been over a year since I watched the show or played any of the games.

As for the numbers, add them up and you'll get the age I was when I came up with the name.

To be honest, I use this username everywhere I can.  Some try to steal it and cause problems for me, but I have found that most admins of places I join are too smart to fall for that. ;)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I don't use LettuceBacon&Tomato anywhere else on the internet. It's my favorite sandwich with the words rearranged so that the initials are LBT, like the Land Before Time.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Sep 17 2012 on  02:41 AM
It was inspired by the movie, Happy Feet. Among my favorite characters were the skuas, and I loved how their New Jersey accent had them saying 'Flipper Boid' instead of Flipper Bird. It's been my universal username ever since. :DD
My name is also inspired from Happy Feet, Mumble. But I already used Mumbling on most sites as my default Username.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mine is a hypothetical surname based on a real surname which is based on a real name, its only purpose being to be easily pronouncable ("j" pronounced like "y" in "yes", vowels pronounced like in the Spanish language)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mine's probably easy to figure out :lol.  I'm very spiritual and into astrology.  Cancer is my astrological sun sign, and I was born under Year of the Tiger under the Chinese zodiac (1986).  My moon sign is Scorpio and my rising sun sign is Gemini, but that would've made for one long, funny sounding username :lol.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think Blais is my real name translated to englis,but i'm not sure.Anyway it sounds good to me,so I don't realy care.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Pretty sure we had a topic like this somewhere else in the forum. Hey ho.

The first part is pretty self-explanatory. Littlefoot is my favourite animated character (amongst a list of others) so for relativity to the site's focus, I picked him. The number is another personal touch. It's actually supposed to be read as "sixteen-sixteen" as opposed to one thousand six hundred and sixteen. Simply put, 16 is my lucky number and is also the day I was born on. So figured, having it twice would be fitting ;)  :DD

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
LBT stands for Land Before Time (obviously) and Diclonius is a creature in an anime call Elfen Lied, another thing I am a fan of.  :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Sep 17 2012 on  02:44 PM
Pretty sure we had a topic like this somewhere else in the forum. Hey ho.

The first part is pretty self-explanatory. Littlefoot is my favourite animated character (amongst a list of others) so for relativity to the site's focus, I picked him. The number is another personal touch. It's actually supposed to be read as "sixteen-sixteen" as opposed to one thousand six hundred and sixteen. Simply put, 16 is my lucky number and is also the day I was born on. So figured, having it twice would be fitting ;)  :DD
I've actually been pronouncing your username right. I just thought saying "sixteen-sixteen" was easier than "one six one six".