The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite and least favorite episode

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
well just post your favorite and least favorite episodes and why.

Favorite- The star day celebration
Why i like this one is that it focuses on Ruby who is new in the TV series. And we get to see how she got in the valley.

Least favorite- Log running game
It feels like a filler. All they do is run on logs for about 22 minutes. Theres also a scene where Cera teleports next to Littlefoot when Mr.Threehorn is trying to push the rock. :lol

The only episodes I haven't seen are Amazing threehorn girl, Return to hanging rock, Days of the rising waters, Search for the sky color stones, and the big long neck test.

so now post yours :yes

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Favorite:
Escape from the Mysterious Beyond
I enjoyed the translating subtitles as I love the idea of showing what sharpteeth have to say. And this episode got me to love Thud; he's a good sharptooth deep down!

Least Favorite:
Hmm, this one's trickier. I guess the Legend of the Story Speakers as that one really bored me, to be honest. It was also the episode I didn't bother watching for a while because even the title didn't really appeal to me. *shrug*

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmmm, well let's see here.

Favorite: ? I don't really have one. I couldn't choose. :lol:

Least Favorite: Legend of the story speakers. That one was really boring and Saro acted like a three year old. It sounded interesting when I first heard about it, but once I actually saw it. :slap  It was alright. Just didn't appeal to me all that much.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Favorites...favorites...Well I don't really like most of the episodes. I guess the one I liked better than the others was Big Longneck test. It wasn't really that good but it wasn't terrible.

My least favorite would have to be Legend of the Story Speakers. I'm sorry, Saro is a complete jerk. Yeah, Saro, get pissed at Grampa Longneck because he doesn't want to abandon his mate and his grandchild to go around and tell stories. Yeah, how dare he be a responsible adult. How dare he not want to leave behind the only family he has left.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I haven't watch a TV episode since probably when I opened TheLandBeforeTime.org well over a year ago.  But I'll try to remember everything I can.

I do remember that I absolutely HATED "Stranger From the Mysterious Above."  Seriously.  Spike just falls down a hole, we see weird looking gerbil things, and God forbid Mr. Threehorn and Mr. Thicknose sing together.  It was like watching one long episode of "Oops Eeps." :bang

Most favorite episode?  I suppose it would be a toss up between Canyon of the Shiny Stones and Escape From the Mysterious Beyond.  I will never forget Petrie.  "It - it booms?" :lol: And something actually happened in Escape From the Mysterious Beyond.  It was almost like a drastically shortened movie.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yay! I found my favorite episode! It would have to be Escape from the Mysterious Beyond. Probably because it show's that Thud has a heart. I also like the subtitles and how Chomper protected Ducky.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My favorite

I will admit that Escape From the Mysterious Beyond was a good episode, but I can't completely like it because of that Adventuring Rehash in it. (Sorry, but I have a real pet peeve with them.)

In the end, it was The March of the Sand Creepers.  It had a good plot, a great storyline, enjoyable songs, (with the TV Series, for me, that's saying something.) plus the little dark element of Cera nearly dying in it.  I love when they put in dark elements.  It just shows that the writers are willing to take chances.  Many of the episodes just didn't have that.

As for my least favorite.

Stranger From the Mysterious Above is bad.  Legend of the Story Speakers is worse.  However, none are as bad as my choice in my eyes.  It's a close call, but my choice is none other than...

The Bright Circle Celebration.  This is what happens when you put a stupid storyline, with a stupid plot and a stupid moral together.  Add in bad songs, and it's just pure crap.  I can't believe the writers were capable of making this piece of junk.

Those are my choices and I'll stick by them.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's see, mine would have to be:

Most Favorite: "Search for the Sky Color Stones"

Why?  We FINALLY get to see Ducky's dark side :wow.  It really pleased me to see that she, like everyone else, has flaws and is not only known as perfect :yes.

Least Favorite: "The Bright Circle Celebration"

Why?  The overall message of it.  The episode basically said that fundamentalists know best and those who think differently are bad.  Although I'm a far cry from being atheist or even agnostic, I would have to side with Cera on this one.  She didn't bother anyone with her views, yet Petrie was going around preaching his views even on those who didn't want to hear it (like Cera).  Even though I don't see eye to eye with atheists as far as religion is concerned, at least they usually don't bother anyone.  Fundamentalists, on the other hand, don't seem to respect others' views and groups of them have even been responsible for some terrible things over the years like 9/11, the trashing of military funerals (Westboro "Baptist Church"), the cults that allow for children to be raped and made pregnant...the list goes on.  That said, I have far less respect for fundamentalists than I do atheists.  Fundamentalists give religious folks a bad name, whether they are Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc.  That said, I did not care for how this episode turned out.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This was a tough one for me, but I ended up with a three way tie for favorite episode. I know that's cheating, but I don't care :D

Favorite Episode
Mysterious Tooth Crisis: I know this episode may seem like filler, but I couldn't help but love Chomper's freaking out when his tooth fell out. I can actually relate to it, because I had a similar experience. When my sister first lost her tooth (I can't remember her age), she thought she was falling apart. Of course, I was able to just explain to her about the tooth fairy, and that her tooth would just grow back, and that was the end of it. I always wondered if the Great Valley had something equivalent to a tooth fairy when I was younger. Besides Chomper, we got to see another sign of Petrie's true bravery as well as that hint of Cera's sweet side, even if the mud was the cause of it.

The Big Longneck Test: At first, I didn't think I was going to like this episode. I don't know why, but the whole idea of Littlefoot going through a test seemed kind of weird. Then again, it makes sense as to why he had to do it. I loved this episode because we got to see Bron and Shorty again, who I must say are two of my favorite characters. Shorty's attempt to lead the gang was very entertaining. In a way, I thought back to the first movie, because Shorty showed a lot of Cera's stubbornness and headstrong determination, and then it was because of him that the gang ended up in the trouble that they were in. Also, it was really nice to see just how truly intelligent Littlefoot is as he was sizing up all the options in the third task, but then opting out because he realized it was too dangerous.

Search for the Sky Color Stones: Like Anna, I loved seeing Ducky's dark side. This was probably the only time we have ever seen Ducky try and get something strictly for herself, and to much surprise she actually is very good at being greedy. However, I really wasn't too much surprised by this, as we have seen her act in a manner unlike her typical personality. In LBT VIII, we saw her hold a grudge against Spike, I think her first sign of really being angry towards one of the gang, especially Spike. Then in LBT XI, we see how angry she was towards Littlefoot. I think Ducky always had some sort of "darkness" inside of her, and it was really brought out during their search for the sky color stones. The episode really holds the strong moral that greed can turn people ugly, and that even the most pure person, or in this case dinosaur, can still have an ugly side to them.

Now least favorite episode was a tough one for me as well. I really wanted to choose The Canyon of Shiny Stones because of the song "Oops Eeps", but the plot was good enough to make up for it. Then I wanted to choose The Great Log-Running Game because the whole plot seemed stupid, but I enjoyed Cera's distraught over wanting to prove to herself beyond her father's words that she could do anything, and the moral made up for the somewhat bland plot. So at the moment, I can't think of one I liked the least. Once I do, I will be sure to post it, but for now we'll leave it at that.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
From all the episodes I've seen so far, I have to say my favourite is "Days of Rising Waters". It was just really dramatic and remarkably action packed for a TV episode.
Mysterious Tooth Crisis was pretty good too, especially for that bizarre personality change in Cera from easily angered and impatient, to relaxed and easy going to such a degree, it almost seemed like she was becoming seductive...Oh, and the plot was pretty good too.

As for a least favourite episode, I honestly don't have any episode I particularly hate. I haven't watched enough.

grasshopper1988

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My fav episode is either the star day celebration or return to hagning rock just because they are about ruby shes my new fav character they show some of her past in these episodes and you get to know her personality and see her family .

My least fav episode is as well 2 conflits either legend of the story speakers because I could'nt see grandpa  leaving his family and friends to join saro just to tell storys he's just too old to do that

Or the very last episode the great egg adventure which is actually the very first episode I seen :lol I didnt like how cera,ruby,and spike werent there and instead they had hyp,mutt and i forget the other guys name there and they were bullies again :huh:  in lbt 3 in the end they became freinds thats what I understood from lbt3 so this episode had me very confused and the hole story just made no sense to me.

if it dont work hit it with a hammer. If that don't work...... YOU NEED A BIGGER HAMMER.
 :exactly

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My favorite would probably be either the brave longneck scheme or the lone dinosaur returns. Many people bash on these episode for ruining ali and doc respectively, but I don't really give a hoot about either of them. I instead liked how both of these half focused of Chomper, and seemed to challenge Chomper in different ways. One was with longnecks who tried to kill him because they didn't really know him, and the other with Chomper being told he should just leave because he'll have to fight his friends someday.

My least favorite would be the logrolling one. I frankly remember nothing form that episode. It was so boring.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

SupperChickin

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I Don't remember which ones were my favorit and less

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My favorite episode is The Spooky Nighttime Adventure. I loved the whole mystery feel it gave all the way up to the very end. It had a huge surprise near the very beginning that made viewers just want to stick around. Ruby was telling a creepy story, and people are all like, “She has quite an imagination,” and nothing more. Then when Mr. Thicknose goes, “Oh, he’s real,” viewers nod at first, then suddenly spit out their soda and go, “Whaaaaat!?” To top it off, we get to see The Land Before Time version of a fire-breathing dragon! Is that wicked cool or what?

Cera makes a big step in her maturity in this episode. In the first movie, she could never admit to being afraid. Yet in this episode, she blatantly says that she was afraid. It also shed some very useful information on the size of the Great Valley. Through Mr. Thicknose, we learn that going from point A to point B in the Great Valley is a two day walk. If it takes two stinking days to walk somewhere, the valley must be enormous! They couldn’t have been going in the Mysterious Beyond, because their parents would never had allowed it, as they did get permission for this trek.

I laughed so hard at this quote: “Hidden Runner not invisible. He only look that way.” “Hey kids! Are you feeling depressed? Sad? Bored? Well all you need is a bottle of Petrie Logic and you’ll be smiling something fierce and be happy as a, well, a really happy thing, whatever.” There was just never a dull moment in this episode. It snatches viewers’ attention and holds on tight. It does make you wonder why a Great Valley dinosaur can’t talk but merely squawk or whatever he does, but that only adds to the mysterious tone.

My summary: This episode rocked!

My least favorite episode is The Brave Longneck Scheme. My main issue was the disappointment that followed the hype of learning that Ali would be in it. Ali is my favorite canon character, and a lot more could have been done with her part in that episode. She was, in a way, a damsel in distress, and her kidnapper was extremely-hard-to-believe lies. So a huge amount of time was spent simply devising a way to stop the “villain” from making any more headway and saving Ali.

I was so dissatisfied with the role Ali played in that episode that I vented by writing a fan fiction a long time ago coming up with a reason why that wasn’t even really her. For another thing, I disliked how she lost her “I’m going to do what I want no matter what you say” thing she had going for her in the fourth movie. This episode ripped that from her and made her too controllable. To elaborate on that, when the others were shouting in movie four not to go down that steep decline because it was dangerous and she’d fall, she went anyway. In this episode, when Rhett wanted her to play a game that she didn’t want to, she mildly objected one time then gave in.

To top it off, the only real fight scenes in the whole episode were fiction. I mean, I know The Land Before Time isn’t real to begin with, but I mean the fights were literally fiction in fiction, merely stories by Rhett. Maybe if his stories were realistic, but viewers would have to be under the influence of something to take those fights in a serious manner. As the writers often do, the adults were again portrayed as nearly incompetent compared to the kids, as seen as they catastrophically tried hunting Chomper down. Furthermore, they left a question unanswered not even three minutes into the episode. They build all this wonder about where Littlefoot and Cera are going and why just the two of them are, then they completely ignore it. So the entire opening scene was a complete waste of time. Those two could have seen Ali’s herd from anywhere. The writers didn’t need to start a quest then leave it unexplained. Sure, the fact that the Hidden Runner was unable to speak leaf-eater was never explained and I praised that, but that aspect didn't build up to any big moment then suddenly forget all about itself. Unanswered questions can add a nice touch to a story, but only if done well.

My summary: I give it two big thumbs way down for Ali’s part and the episode as a whole.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Well, having watched more of the series, here is my summary:

Favourite: Still a hard one. I'd say that the important aspects are the story, animation, script, etc.
Going by that, I'd say my favourites are The Mysterious Tooth Crisis (Great animation, good story, some genuinely funny moments, and that brilliantly bizarre personality change in Cera)
The Spooky Nighttime Adventure (Good story, animation, decent songs, kick-ass dream sequences, etc)
The brave Longneck Scheme (I've always kinda liked Ali, and I'm glad she returned, even if she's changed. Plus, it's about time there's some conflict about Chomper living in the Valley!)
The Seacrh for the Sky Colour Stones (Simply for the fact that it portrays Ducky's dark side!)

My least fav is probably Stranger from the Mysterious Above. It was boring, lousy songs, and I've never really been a fan of mammal characters in LBT. They just seem too out of place.

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
My favorite: brave longneck scheme Because Ali meets chomper for first time and
                  the big longneck test for the littlefoot's family reunion. :smile

My least: The great egg adventure. :anger

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
mmm, one of my favourite would be the 'search for the sky color stones'. something inside me likes ducky's dark side :p

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
My favorite is...

The Great Egg Adventure:
Just because I like Hyp and the gang.

My least favorite is...

The Mysterious Tooth Crisis:
Wasn't all too serious.  The mixed plot was confusing at first and the jokes were horrible.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
I currently don't have a favorite, but my least favorite would have to be the Big Longneck Test... I just thought the whole concept of that episode was rather pointless.

I mean, sure, we got see Bron again, but I'm pretty sure that Littlefoot already proved himself as a good herd leader in movie one... Just saying. :DD

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Favorite Episode: The Hermit of Black Rock - because there's Guido.
Least Favorite Episode: The Legend of the Story Speakers - too boring.