The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ice Age fanart

Guest · 63 · 23385

ScratteLover2

This is a picture of Guan I made.

This is a picture of Dila (on top) and Dilo (on the bottom) which a friend of mine made:

Barry from ICE AGE: The Time Kids, this is the version that I colored.

This is a picture of Flood that I colored/

This is a picture of Rudy's sister, Ruby. A fan made character of my creation.

Anyone can add their own pictures that they have made. Just put the picture below this message:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ScratteLover2

Remember I said anybody can add Ice Age fanart that they have made, so why isn't anybody? I've already upload all the fanart I have (so far).

Remember I said
Feel Free to upload your own fanart.
Also put the link to the site below the image, just incase it dosen't show up, so I can upload it myself.

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
Sorry buddy, but I don't think anyone else here does Ice Age fan art... though your drawings are very well-done. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You do good work.  I hope you post more when you can.  Good luck.

ScratteLover2

A hand drawn picture of Momma t-rex from Momma t-rex from Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

This is a pictuer of Rudy's
Rudy's mother from my fanfiction Rudy: The Beginning of the Beast.

Teenage Peaches from my fanfiction Ice Age: Happy Halloween.

ScratteLover2

The Sub-Zero Heroes in a musuem, at the beginning of my story Ice Age 4: The Th4w

Red-Horn from ICE AGE: The Time Kids's headshot.

Silver Claw (fan character created by Gloverboy21) He appears in ICE AGE: The Time Kids 2

ScratteLover2

Rudy's Grandmother from Rudy: The Beginning of the Beast

Rudy fighting Red-Horn in Ice Age: The Time Kids

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting more Ice age fanart.  Do you draw often?

ScratteLover2

Quote from: Kor,May 9 2010 on  07:52 AM
Thanks for posting more Ice age fanart.  Do you draw often?
Yes I do draw often. I will be adding a picture of Sid and Rose kissing, but it will be a while.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I can't tell what images you drew and which ones you simply edited (such as the Guan picture). And also a couple of things:

The picture for Rudy's sister, mother, and grandmother are all basically the same drawing, but with slight changes made, but with the same shades of color. They don't seem to stand out from each other in my opinion, and thus are basically clones of each other. I think that they each should get their own distinct drawing with a different posture (like have one of them facing the camera, another looking up, and the other a sort of back view but you can still see the mouth and eyes), as well with different colors and different markings so it's easier to tell apart (such as make Rudy's sister a darker red, mother gray and white, and grandmother pale purple). You don't have to use those ideas; they're just suggestions to make these three characters more distinct from each other and less like clones.

The other thing is the teenage Peaches. You have her with purple eyeliner and purple hair. How is this possible? Considering this is the ice age, make up didn't exactly exist back then. And purple, far as I know, was not a color that cavemen at the time knew how to make (or even knew about for all we know). So Peaches couldn't have gotten make up from the humans. The only way I can see Peaches having purple hair and purple eyes is if she found a lot of berries and "dyed" her fur that color, but it would wash away so she'd have to continuously crush berries for this look.

However, I don't see this lasting too long because I'm sure there are other animals who want to eat those berries and her parents would likely make her stop because her actions are more wasteful than beneficial. Having purple fur would be a disadvantage because she'll be easier to spot. Sorry I just don't agree with Peaches having make up on when it would make her an easier target for predators, her actions would be viewed as wasteful, and not to mention, as I said, make up to this degree did not exist in the Ice Age.

Now one can say "What about the slide in Ice Age 2? The boat? Those weren't invented until later!" But the difference is both the slide and the boat were not manmande, but were part of the environment. The boat was just a large, empty tree trunk that was cracked if I remember correctly and the slide was just ice. Not sure if it was sculpted by Sid or some other animal somehow or melted that way, but it was made from something that existed in the environment around them. Same thing goes for the playroom Manny made in Ice Age 3. Again it was made from things that existed in the environment. Sure I question how they were able to sculpt those shapes, but I'll personally believe that over purple makeup and purple dyed hair. No offense or anything.

ScratteLover2

DarkHououmon, I took your advice and changed the colors of Rudy's mother, sister and grandma.

ScratteLover2

Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 9 2010 on  09:10 AM
I think that they each should get their own distinct drawing with a different posture (like have two of them facing the camera and one sort of back view but you can still see the mouth and eyes), as well with different colors and different markings so it's easier to tell apart, such as make Rudy's sister a darker red, mother gray and white, and grandmother pale purple.
I took your advice and changed the colors, I made the Ruby picture so she's from back view. I made Ruby Dark Red, I made her mother Gray and Albino and I made her grandmother Pale purple. They came out better the versions I made, but I didn't do one of them looking up because I don't know what that looks like.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's a picture of Rudy I did, done in my style.

ScratteLover2

Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 9 2010 on  02:21 PM
Here's a picture of Rudy I did, done in my style.
That's a very good picture. If you want to try and make a picture of his sister Ruby (The Red Dinosaur I have above).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think this thread belongs into the visual arts section of the main forum "The Arts"
visual arts section of the main forum "The Arts". I will let it stay here for a bit longer so the writers are aware of the impending shift.

ScratteLover2

This is my fanmade poster of Ice Age 4: The Th4w using pictures of the main characters.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Interesting...although you still might want to vary your poses a little.  

ScratteLover2

Quote from: Saft,May 14 2010 on  10:53 AM
Interesting...although you still might want to vary your poses a little.
What do you mean by "vary your poses"?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think she means use different poses.