The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Help me

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Arvens I was trying to make a boardfor my website with invisionfree I've created the new categorys and some forums but they don't appear on the board.. you were right I'm totally lost in that page.. what do I have to do for the forums to appear?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Try this:

Go to the Control Panel and under "Forum Control" on the left there is a link called "Manage Forums".  Click that and once inside you should see all the forums and categories you have created.  Click on "Settings" and the second box down says "Forum State" and it must say 'Active' otherwise nobody will see it.  Set it to active and save changes and you should see the forums. :)

Can I have a link to it so I can see how it's coming along? :D

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Sure.. I'm not gonna change it from the default form cause I don't know anything about CSS and it's gonna be an unvisited forum.. since my web site isn't that popular...

http://s6.invisionfree.com/CoelhoAmarelo/

I've checked and they're all active, yet they don't appear on the main page.. when I click in the categores this message appears:

"Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again."

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's all I can think of....I'm not sure why you're getting errors like that.  :unsure:

Did you touch any of the css coding?  Maybe you accidentally deleted something that was necessary?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Nope I don't think so.. I'll try to put that one down and start new.. I basically just made new categorys and then put some forums.. nothing else

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I've made a new board and now it woorks!!  :D
If you want to go there and post the url is this: http://s6.invisionfree.com/YellowRabbit/

It's not much, I stook with the default graphics and all that... but I dought this board will have any access since most of the people in my class arenĀ“t "board" warms =p Anyway if you want to post there and say what you think about the site I'd apreciate it (=

(Sorry if I over excessed the publicity =P)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't understand why your first attempt didn't work.  :huh:  Looks like you got the basic ideas down.  I don't know how personal you want to make that board or if you just like those default settings and colors....

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Not really they're a bit lame.. but I'm gonna bother with it since in about a month the people that are going there now will get bored and then that will probably die out... \: Anyway this is just for people to post stuff since a lot of them told me that the site was to dull it didn't have anything that was constantly changing and interesting.. so some of them told me to put a forum their so I did... it's just to keep people interested in the site

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not a bad idea....perhaps I should make a suggestion place for landbeforetime.org....

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yup... that would be great

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile