The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

European Football, or soccer if you prefer

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I don't know which of you are fans of this sport or acompany its latest news.. I'd like to know how you feel about FC Porto who won the UEFA Champions League last season beeing in danger of going in history as the first champion in title to be desqualified in the first round.. =x
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I used to play soccer way back before 1997 when I had to get eye surgery.  <_<   I don't watch it televised unless I really can't find anything else on when I sit down.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm.. I guess you haven't absorbed the game completely even though a lot of SuperlIga's matchs are more boring than any thing.. you should try to watch the english championship and UEFA Champions League or UEFA Cup matchs you'll find them very interesting (dunno if you get any channel that shows this =x)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
We don't get a lot of channels and that certainly isn't one of them.  <_<   Sorry.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Yay! Good ol' fashioned footy! Despite been from Engalnd, I dont really watch football games... every now and again maybe but not like some people who flock to the stadium gates of their fav team or sit down to watch the game on TV. I still play footy with my friends, Im a goalkeeper. Not as supple as I used to be but I can still pull off some wicked saves when I want to  ;) Also, it's the only place I can pick the ball up without being screamed at by my teammates... Wonder why that is?  :huh:  :unsure:

Intrepid

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://brianstevens.d4a.com/
Bwaaaaa everyone should support Sunderland A.F.C  :blink:  :lol

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Lol... I used to play as a centre defender on a local team.. but I wasn't that good, although I got to play against Beira-Mar witch is one of our higher division clubs =p
I don't follow english football that mutch.. I look for Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham and Fulham results cause does teams have portuguese players.. and also Newcastle cause it's Sporting's adversary in the UEFA Cup group and Sporting is my team =p We're going to play there in about a month (I hope we win.. like we did in the pre-season..  :rolleyes: )

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I live in Dortmund, a town that may be known for soccer within Europe. It is the home of Borrussia Dortmund, a team you can sometimes find in international games. However, I'm not really interested in soccer and belong to the dwindling minority of 20 year old inhabitants of Dortmund who have never been in the Westfalen Stadion, Dortmund's huge soccer arena.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Where I live (whilst Im down at uni) my house is directly opposite Portsmouth FC stadium, "Fratton Park". Man, I dread it when Pompey are playing at home. The sheer mass of people who charge through Fratton train station and herd down to the stadium is unbelieveable! I foolishly tried walking the OPPOSITE way through a crowd heading to a home game and it was like trying to part an ocean! I bounced off every person trying to get to the game. To make matters worse is that I work in a fast-food restaurant that is directly next door to the stadium so before and after the game starts, lots of people flock into our store to grab stuff to munch before taking off to spectate! One of the slight downers of footy, especially when you're a resident to a Premiership club recently promoted!  :(

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Where I live is also the home to a 2nd league team, Ovarense, (that correponds to your division 1) I live very far away from the stadium, but every time I go there to see a match, especially when it's a big one you can't find anywhere to park, and that place is a complete mess since it was never made for a stadium.. the stadium is very small (only 8000 viewers capacity) and it's very old.. but they are starting to build a new one in a more deserted area of the city.. they are planing to also build a shopping centre and a pavillion for the other sports.. but it'll only be finished in 2007 so the people who live near the old stadium still have to put up with the noise and all around mess almost every sunday afternoon..