The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sue's Size

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I was watching Movie 10 last night: The Great Longneck Migration and I was wondering about Sue's size after she said "Of course, I'll be the tallest one. Story of my life" to Littlefoot before he slept on her head. "Story of my life". I wonder if she meant that throughout her life, she was always bigger than other longnecks. It also came to my thought that in the 10th movie, there wasn't a scene before the belly dragger almost ate Littlefoot when Sue could've appeared in a silhouette behind the fog. That could've make some things very interesting. I wondered why she didn't fight in the sharptooth battle at the crater. She could've been a big help to the others.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
For why Sue is so big compared to other longnecks, Sue is a Supersaurus, which are big in general (Though apparently not the biggest sauropods). Her line about always being the tallest one is confusing though. Has she not been raised or hung out among Supersaurus? Or is she even big by her kind’s standards? If the latter, that probably would only compound her size insecurities and would be why she would so appreciative of finding a prospective mate bigger than her (Who was based on a dinosaur who turned out not to exist. Whoops! Ah well, I handwave him as a Supersaurus who had a genetic mutation).

As for why Sue didn’t participate in the final sharptooth fight…From a Doylist perspective, the writers wanted the longnecks and the gang to handle them themselves and Sue curb-stomping in would shortchange the other characters of their moment. Watsonian-wise, there can be any number of reasons. She and her mate might have been the last to get up. They could have been farthest from the crater-edge near the sharptooth action. There could have been traffic to that location. Any number of these factors could have made it so by the time she arrived at the edge, the sharptooth fight had already ended.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Sue participating in that final fight definitely would've been a game-breaker. I'd imagine she'd only have trouble if she had to deal with dozens of Sharpteeth at once in such a situation.