The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chomper

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Perhaps he's aiming to stay in the safe Valley until he can hold his own in the Mysterious Beyond and against Red Claw.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Chomper turning on the gang is highly unlikely.  Hopefully, when he does get out of the picture, his parents just come to pick him up and he stays in control.  Hopefully he and Ruby leave soon, but I just can't see that happening until much later.  They're such usable characters and so many things can come from them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chomper may stay at least till he's roughly a teenager, he'd be safer in the mysterious beyond then.  Also, like someone mentioned, if Red Claw isn't taken care of by then, he'd be safer around then and could help.   Once he's an adult or nearly so he, with his friends, could, at the very least, chase off Red Claw, if he's around at that time, and his fast biters.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I agree, it would be nice (or maybe not) to see what Chomper would be like as a teen or even as a pre-teen (Terrible Twelve  :lol: ), but it could only occur in fanfiction.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One thing  he could do once he is old enough is patrol certain areas around entrances to the great valley and keep other sharpteeth away.  This may make it, at least, a little safer for far walkers who are near the valley, and for his Great Valley friends to visit him.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Weather_lord_7,Nov 27 2007 on  11:55 PM
I agree, it would be nice (or maybe not) to see what Chomper would be like as a teen or even as a pre-teen (Terrible Twelve  :lol: ), but it could only occur in fanfiction.
Again, my wrath and curses upon Charlie Brown Syndrome. -_-

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chomper is among my favorite LBT characters. I have a few things to say about him based on what I've seen in the tv series.

As we have seen, his 'sniffer' is very useful, sometimes even necessary, when someone needs to be found. However, in my opinion, Chomper doesn't seem very bright. The best example I can think of is that he sometimes forgets that nearly everyone in the valley eats only plants, not the things he likes.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He is younger then the others, also if you refer to his offering some stinging buzzers and such he may just want to share.  He may like sharing but he has few to share with who can eat what he eats, maybe Ruby can, I've seen her eat a snapping shell so maybe she's an omnivore, but almost no one else can he share his food with like all of his other friends can share food with each other.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I like Chomper, he is a very nice, kind, and helpfull Sharptooth. But did you ever thought about if he is grown up, that he would be dangerous for his friends? I mean he can¥t always eat such little things like in the great valley.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought of that, and in the rp idea I had.  I had one of two ideas.  Either he patrols the area outside the great valley, keeping it safe from other sharpteeth who keep away or he deals with them, or he goes with Littlefoot and joins Bron's herd with Ali.  I was leaning more towards the latter.  Don't want' to bore you folks with my ideas so I"ll just leave it there.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The best example I can think of is that he sometimes forgets that nearly everyone in the valley eats only plants, not the things he likes.
I have seen only a few of the TV episodes, so I can only guess about them. However, is it possible that Chomper's offering of his food to his friends is kind of a mischievous joke on his part? I remember a friend from Japan who always offered some of his food to me and my American host family while he was perfectly aware that it was not exactly our taste. He took a malicious (but good-natured) joy from our polite refusals to his kind offers :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I had not thought of that.  It could be like I suggested, or maybe a little bit of a joke Chomper is doing to, or a mixture of the two depending on his mood.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I always found Chomper to be rather... creepy in the implications of his eventual need to eat full-grown dinosaurs. Sooner or later, he will be too dangerous to keep around in the valley. This has been mentioned before, but another detail has come to mind. Although if it were possible for Chomper to somehow avoid eating the dinosaurs of the great valley, it might be impossible for him to convince any other predators the same thing. Even if he could somehow live in the valley, he might never be able to know any other predators like himself... they would be a mortal threat to the plant-eaters of the valley. What if he grows up and meets a female tyrannosaurus? What if they have children? Even if they had to live in the mysterious beyond, would there be enough food for them? Or even one of them? What if Chomper promises that neither he nor any hypothetical family he has will hurt any dinosaurs in the valley, but his family goes hungry as a result? What happens if he has to choose between his own not starving and the lives of his friends, or worse, his hypothetical family's not starving and the lives of his friends? What if a dinosaur from the valley wanders in the mysterious beyond and gets killed by Chomper /hypothetical family?  

Maybe the producers will want to bring back some of the first movie's darker themes and force the main characters to make hard choices.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Chomper is definitely my favorite character of all. I think he's really popular because he projects out a message, along with the others, that you don't have to necessarily only be friends with people of your color, age, gender, etc..., but instead with pretty much everybody.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think it would be funny to see what he would look like as a "tween," a "Terrible Twelve" I like to call 'em.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Dec 31 2007 on  05:05 PM
Maybe the producers will want to bring back some of the first movie's darker themes and force the main characters to make hard choices.
I hate to keep plugging the same thing over and over again, but it is very unlikely that we will ever see a full-grown Chomper in such a scenario due to CBS (not the media corp.). That's what fanfiction's for, though. If they DID decide to delve into such issues, LBT would be exciting again, certainly worth a second look by those who aren't interested in children's shows.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity, what is Charlie Brown Syndrome?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tails_155 introduced me to the term (I forget where). It's basically where kids never grow up in television shows, movies, comic strips, etc. Have you ever noticed that the cast in the Peanuts comic strip has never grown up through all of these decades? That's Charlie Brown Syndrome for you.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ahhh, that's what it is.

Yeah, I agree. It would be a miracle if they reached 12 or 11 or whatever age Littlefoot & Co. are.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think the reason why they aren't portrayed as ever growing up is because kids relate so much more to other kids, at least in my opinion.

There's one Family Guy episode where they show a Peanut's family reunion where everybody is probably in their late teens. I found it a little creepy.