The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Well....

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Maybe not a 20th Anniversary release, but maybe we'll get lucky and can get an original re-release

From donbluth.com

Message: I recently watched the DVD of The Secret of NIMH, and noticed a lot of scratches and blurry sections in the transfer. Are there any plans whatsoever to have the film restored in any way? I loved it as a child and hope that it doesn't deteriorate any more than it apparently has.
Reply: David, Thank you for writing. Actually, we just completed a re-mastering of the film for a new DVD which will be coming out next year. If all goes according to the marketing plan, it will feature an HDTV 16X9 version, a 1:1.85 letterbox version and a full screen version. It will have all the minutia, including negative dirt and scratches removed. We are doing a producer/director's commentary and on camera interviews for the "extras" in about two weeks. When we know the release date of , we will post it on the homepage of this site. Right now, we believe it will be in March or April. The new master looks beautiful! MGM/UA is releasing it thru 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. Regards.

Yes, I know its about NIMH, but if someone's interested in getting all this from Don Bluth many years after the film was released who's to say Universal won't come calling for Don as well come 2013? :)  I don't get the 16x9 transfer option...that would actually be like the reverse of what pan and scan does for 4:3 televisions.  :rolleyes:  :angry:  Don't mess with the original aspect ratio!!!!  I never want to see Bambi in widescreen.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
YAY! WideScreen Version!!!! and Commintary. I always watch the Commintary on the DVD atleast three or more times. can't wait.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I think even ol Don will have been securely retired by 2013.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm pretty certain he's retired by now.  Last I heard him working on anything was 2001 or so...that's six years there.