The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

the Sharptooth's search.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'll be going to eBay daily and as often as possible. Just so you know WR, I'm willing to pay $1,000 for it.
Cool!!! I'll give you my version of the book for the special price of just $999! If you want me to I'll sign it and write a dedication to you without extra charge for that. Is that an offer?
For $15 - $20 I'll buy another version of the book which I will send to you WR for a mere $99! Gee, I'm really bursting with generosity, don't I?
Just forward your address to me and I'll forward my paypal acount address.
Deal?  :lol:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Tempting...but no thanks...  :^.^:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You heard that Pokeplayer? Now you have the unique chance to get not one, but two copies of the book for just $1098!
This must be your lucky day!  :D
(Gee, I begin to sound like Fast Tony from Ice Age 2 - The Meltdown)  :P:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LOL!  Okay, in all truth, I was only kidding, Malte.  I'm not actually willing to part with even $100 for a book, regardless of how bad I want it. :)

It was a plan to get WR off my back.  It was simply a clever bluff that I knew WR would back out of. :^.^:

I do hold well over $1,000 in my savings account, but I'm not really willing to spend a penny on it unless I HAVE to.  That money is part of an early retirement fund, thank you! :p

It's all part of the plan I hold to reach Easy Street by my 40s.

So, in short, it was a joke, and I'm sorry to have decieved you, Malte. :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So, in short, it was a joke, and I'm sorry to have decieved you, Malte.
Deception, is it? :P:
In that case I will try to get the money through legal charges for deception, the making of offers you didn't mean, and the involved manipulation of the market for land before time literature. The holders of land before time book stocks will demand compensation for this ruthless manipulation... problem is, there AREN'T any land before time book stock holders, so I'm afraid they won't send you on a VERY early retirement on tax payers cost  :lol:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know this is a little late for this reply, but come to think of it, shouldn't they put that book back in print? I mean, they would make a fortune from the fans of the series if they did, I'm pretty sure.

Maybe we should try to start a petition.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There may be too few fans to ensure it would be a bargain for them. Some other land before time books (with stories other than that of the origianal movie) were released since then. There were definitely several editions of the book so they had to reprint (and made changes about the cover of later editions). But just because there are fans around here doesn't mean that reissuing the book would be profitable for them. Perhaps the start of the TV series might go along with the release of some merchandise including books.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, somebody is buying enough copies of the series to warrant further sequels and merchandise. No investment is ever a sure thing, unfortunately.