The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If we hold on together sing-a-long video

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Does anyone know which of the DVD's, if any, has this video? I watched it on youtube and kind of liked it, they made a nice mix with the lbt footage. Shame for the voice though, I prefer Diana Ross to some kid every day =p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Shame for the voice though, I prefer Diana Ross to some kid every day =p
T'is not "every kid" NewOrder. Aria sung this version along with Thomas Dekker, so it were Ducky and Littlefoot singing that song. I like the Diana Ross version very much, but if I was to pick one of them which I favored over the other, it would be the sing along version.
I'm not sure if the If we hold on together video is on any of the DvDs at all. I need to check it out, but I don't have my DvDs here where I am at the moment, so if anyone else has the DvDs at hand you are certain to find out faster than by waiting for me.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have almost all the DVDs, and the only place I've seen this video is on the VHS sing-along cassette.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is a CD version of that sing along song video as well. I would be really curious to listen to If we hold on together in other languages. They made a translated version for the German version of the video, I know they made one for the French (though I only have the lyrics and never actually listened to it) while the Dutch version of the video had the English version on it. I wonder how many different language versions exist.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Ah, thanks anyway Malte. I didn't realise it was Aria, but I still prefer the Diana Ross version, you can't argue with each others taste in music =p
I thought it was on one of the DVD's I found it weird that it wasn't on the lbt 1 dvd. As for the trasnlation, there's no portuguese version of IWHT.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
T'is not "every kid" NewOrder. Aria sung this version along with Thomas Dekker, so it were Ducky and Littlefoot singing that song. I like the Diana Ross version very much, but if I was to pick one of them which I favored over the other, it would be the sing along version.
I must agree.  I do like Diana Ross' version very much, but there is just something about the sing-along version of the song that's just uniquely beautiful.  Perhaps a unique challenge would be to make a MIDI of this version of the song.  I don't think it's been done yet.  If I come across any time to attempt this, I shall.  As I stated in my 'fridge' post, I don't have much time for smaller side projects at the moment, unfortunately.

I'm not sure if the If we hold on together video is on any of the DvDs at all. I need to check it out, but I don't have my DvDs here where I am at the moment, so if anyone else has the DvDs at hand you are certain to find out faster than by waiting for me.
Having been through the 'special features' on all 11 DVDs, I can safely say that the sing-along video for If We Hold On Together is Not on any of the DVDs unfortunately.  

There is a CD version of that sing along song video as well.
Yep! I have the CD. B)

I need to go out for a bit. Cya later! ;)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Diana Ross' version was the greatest version. Aria did well, too, but still I loved Dinan's versions way better. No offense if you just happening to be on the fourms, Aria. Just listening to Dinan's version at the end of the movie it makes me feel like her voice and song went well with the movie overall. At least that's how I feel.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
About Aria's version.  I was looking through youtube and can't find it, does anyone have the direct link or some other place where I could find the video?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
[EDIT] Ugh....Looks like it doesn't work anymore... :cry
I have been unable to find a new link for it, sadly.
Here's the old link, but it doesn't seem to work anymore: :cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRXDgDUVubA...20On%20Together
Thanks to pokeplayer for finding it. B)
[/EDIT]

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I checked all over Youtube. Maybe they took it off the site for a reason we'll never know.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yeah, the user probably quit or something weird like that. Thanks for finding the link though. It's useless to search emule or any other place, I tried in the past with no luck \:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I Do, however, have an mpg of the video on my computer.  I could send it to you, but it seems that only the odd player will play it properly.  VLC Media player seems to like it.  Perhaps Adam could explain that, as he encoded it. :lol

Thanks Adam, btw.  B)

I'll post a link shortly.
[EDIT]
and here's the link to the download:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...D3CFE465E6B9B06
[/EDIT]

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's only able to play the video. I can see you did the old Youtube video contractor trick. I did that, too and it doesn't seem to play music on realplayer.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Thanks action9000

I tried realplayer as well and came up empty. Only image no sound. Where can I find the odd player?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
http://www.videolan.org

Yeah, the mpg encoder is kind of goofy.  Not much else I can do since I know of nothing else that can convert a .flv video (youtube's file system).

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Thanks Petrie, it worked :D