The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Seven Hunters

rhombus · 408 · 49044

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the review, Von.  :)

I already said it earlier, but I loved the "Eat the whole swimmer's leg, taunt!" followed by Ducky's and Spike's mother accidentally telling them to make sure they keep well fed, before coming over to hug her leg.

Yeah, I wanted to let the awkwardness of the situation sink in a bit.  :p Thankfully, Ura did not know what the others were thinking at that moment.

Colin got a... good ending, in my books dino_tongue.gif. I was kinda hoping he would keep going, hopefully trying to get revenge on Littlefoot for himself, but this is great, all the same.

I considered keeping him around for a sequel, but I like how the story wrote itself.  He had a suitable end.  :yes

I don't really have much to add at this point. I could go over what I think about the whole story, but don't know how different that would end up then that review I gave you for the fanfiction awards months back. I'll just tell you I've really loved this story, and I'll check out whatever you have coming up next. dino_happier.gif

Thanks once again for the kind words.  :) I have some information on my future projects on this chapter's post on FF.net.  I will be taking a break for a few weeks and then I should be writing again.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Congratulations on completing what is likely the longest Land Before Time fanfiction ever written. (At over 550,000 words, I'm honestly surprised that I was able to read through all of it, though I suppose spacing it out over a whole year may have helped.)

Since you said on FF.net that you're interested in other possible ideas for fanfiction, I'll admit that I've been thinking over the past few weeks of telling you about one that I have. If you would like to hear about it, I'll send you a PM with all of the details (though it might be a few days before I can set aside enough time to do that).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That would be great, Chronicler.  I would love to hear your idea.  

Thank you once again for following my story.  Knowing that readers like you had an interest in my work motivated me to continue this story even during those times when my creative energy was waning.  I greatly appreciate it.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, the epilogue works perfectly. A happy ending though a little bitter-sweet, the revenge on the main villain. What else could a reader ask for? Oh, a sequel maybe?  :angel

The Seven Hunters is the best fanfiction I've stumbled across so far. Your writing is just so exciting, I could very well imagine you write a novel and have success with it :yes Keep up working on whatever you're planning to work on next! :goodluck
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Seven Hunters is the best fanfiction I've stumbled across so far. Your writing is just so exciting, I could very well imagine you write a novel and have success with it in-yes.gif Keep up working on whatever you're planning to work on next! luck.gif

Thank you very much for the support, constructive criticism, and kind words over the last year.  Your feedback and that of others is what helped to keep me motivated throughout the writing of this story.  :)

As for the sequel... There will not be another story arc on par with this one in terms of size or tension, but you should expect to see a continuation of the pack's lives in the coming month, as I have just completed the planning phase of the next installment.  :yes

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just to let everyone know, a pdf version of the Seven Hunters is now ready.  Unfortunately the massive revision process is only complete up to chapter 13 (so expect the original grammar mistakes to resume past that point), and I have not incorporated a cover or illustrations yet, but it is a nice resource if you want to have the entire fanfic in an easy-to-access form. It can be found here: https://the-amazing-rhombus.deviantart.com/art/The-Seven-Hunters-all-chapters-incomplete-rev-722743198

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's still the best LBT story there is and very likely the greatest thing I've ever read and it's great to have it in a more book-like format than before. It drew me single-handedly and without mercy into the world of fanfiction and by extension back to the GoF so this story really had an enormous impact on me. :wow  I've seen that you planned to do this for a long time but tbh, I had considered this idea to be cancelled due to the immense delays but I'm glad I was proven wrong! :D The story looks even better now and the foreword was a nice addition to it! I can't wait to see the cover and illustrations (are there other artists in addition to Darkwolf and zero-point?) but I understand it'll take even more time. I just wish to ask if you have any ideas for the cover and has it been decided who is going to draw it? :)

Also, the font in the pdf has to be pretty small considering it says the story is "only" 900 pages. Lord of the Rings books together are 100 000 words shorter than the Seven Hunters and it's usually seen to be around 1000-1500 pages. Just some trivia but if this fic was done in a regular book page/font format, this fic would be somewhere around 1600-1800 pages. :p

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you for the kind words.  :) To answer your questions, I currently am allowing anyone who wishes to make illustrations for the story to do so though only a select few will be used within the story itself, with the others being included as a kind of addendum at the conclusion of the story.

As for the cover, I have not decided yet who is going to do that.  But I do have an idea for the cover.  Basically my idea is to have the front cover feature the pack in their sharptooth forms looking towards the reader from across a stream, and their reflections in the stream could be their old leaf-eater selves.  Though that would be a major undertaking.  Another issue I haven't worked out yet is if I want illustrations in the story of one particular style (and one artist) or if I want to include a mixture of styles.  Currently I am leaning towards having the illustrations in the story itself be that of one artist and one particularly style, but the shear number of needed illustrations (I want at least 20 or so) might be an issue. tldr; there is still a lot of details that I need to work out.  :p