The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Inheritance, book 4

Guest · 7 · 2248

Bruton the Iguanodon

...It's all over. I just finished book 4 of Inheritance. Don't read any more if you haven't read or finished the book, spoilers follow.

Edit by Mumbling: Select the text to make spoilers visible.

Eragon and Saphira went off with the Eldunari and egs they found but Arya and her dragon, Firnen---yes, she's the new rider---stay behind. This was really sad, I mean I knew he was gonna be leaving Roran but Arya too?   :cry

Angela's prophecy said he'd end up with someone of noble birth...? Who And who was Nasuada's mother? We never found that out. And Christopher Paolini said Bron may come back to life in a way no one expected....didn't see that happening.

But all over all book 4 was really amazing and ties with "Brisingr" as the best Inheritance book. And Murtagh and Thorn turned good, thankfully, and they survived. Thank you, CP, 4 not pulling a "Darth Vader" on us.  :exactly

Anyways I can't believe it's over---I started the series 6 and a half years ago. What an amazing journey. Oh well, on to the rest of the Hunger Games now!  ;)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For the sake of the rest of the forum who might not have finished or read the book yet, I have 'blackened' out the spoilers in your post.

I finished the book about a week ago myself. It was a good conclusion to an epic series. Some scenes really surprised me, but obviously most of the plot was quite predictable as with most fantasy novels ;)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I found it rather disappointing. The ending just wasn't satisfying and didn't feel like a proper way to end the series.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The great thing about that ending is that it leaves things open for another sequel.
Or several.  Plus, C.P is still young, so he's got lots of time to write another one.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Jan 2 2012 on  08:12 PM
The great thing about that ending is that it leaves things open for another sequel.
Or several.  Plus, C.P is still young, so he's got lots of time to write another one.
I believe in the Epilogue he mentioned that he wanted to write more books situated in Alaga”sia. ^^ Indeed an open ending, but it doesn't ruin the series. It reminds me much of the ending of Lord of the Rings in a way.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It doesn't ruin the series, I just don't feel like it should be the last book. As has been said, the ending is open, too open to be an ending. It was a good book in general, but as a series closer, not so much.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay I see what you're talking about. I agree many things have been unsettled. I'm going to a Q&A with Paolini in April, so if you want any questions asked you may state them here and I'll try to ask them for you if I get the chance :)