The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What type of gamer are you?

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Nov 5 2009 on  08:18 PM
I don't play games often, but when I do, I usually go for the old one's.  Super Nintendo was and IS the GREATEST!
Agreed. My wii is chock full of SNES and NES games (and a few Genesis games). Who needs super duper graphics anyways?

Now that I think about it... I'm a bit of all the options. I can be a casual, laid back gamer... like when I'm playing Guitar Hero or something similar. I love old school games, and when I feel like it I can go hardcore and play a full night of games. Heck, not long ago me and a few buddies played Borderlands all night... booyah!

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
seeing that i play WoW, i had no choice but to answer as a hardcore gamer on the poll  :DD

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Nov 3 2009 on  04:04 AM
I'm all about hardcore gaming. For me, the more challenging the game, the more fun it is. ;)
I'm casual

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure what I am. Probably a mix. I sometimes enjoy retro games, like Super Metroid and Super Mario World, as well as simple casual games, liike Bejeweled and Tetris. I play some strategy games, particularly Digimon Digital Card Battle and Portal, and some more complicated games, like Metroid Prime and Half-Life 2. I don't really care if the game is 2D or 3D. I'm not really picky on those details, nor am I picky on what home console the game is on. Only time I may have a problem is if the game is on a console I don't own (I don't own X-Box 360 yet although I have the Wii and Playstation 3), if it needs a powerful computer to run (although this computer has better specs than the previous one I've used, it has a weak Intel graphics chip), or if it's on a handheld. I don't own one myself, but my brother does. I don't like playing on handhelds because I find it hard to see the screen. I was trying to play one of those Digimon Battle Spirit games on Gameboy Advance I believe and I was having a hard time seeing my character, the ground, anything, due to light glare on the screen.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
If I'd have to pick one from the list, I'd probably say Hardcore gamer best describes me. I play games for the challenege, I don't cheat and I always look to clear a game as close to 100% as I can. I'm a huge fan of co-op player games whereby 2 (or more) human players team up against bots or in a co-op campaign so games like Resident Evil 5 are right up my street. I play competitively sometimes e.g COD4, Killzone 2 etc. but I prefer to work together with someone than against them. Even in competitive modes, I always pick team deathmatches rather than solo matches.

I have to say I also mix with the retro category coz I love old school games like Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong Country etc. My Wii is stocked full of classic old school games! Almost got an SD card full of just games! I still also play my old consoles and relive the golden days of gaming :D They made modern gaming what it is today.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Causal, but I do play some games that I just can never get done. :p