The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Countdown Story

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So for those who have been participating in the countdown topic might have noticed or were a part in an idea that Sneak came up with where we each take turns continuing the story with around 10 words or so. As of late the rate of posting towards the story has decreased a fair bit as well, which resulted in previous posts getting buried and hard to track, especially if a new person wanted to jump in. Ducky has mentioned creating a new topic for this story a couple of times so Leventell and I both agreed that it's time for the move.

Thankfully I had the idea to post the whole story if it ever finished so I've been keeping track of everything so moving it wasn't a problem. I was unsure whether to keep it in the party section or into the fanfiction section but since it's still more or less involves short posts I decided on leaving it here. Once it's done I can always post it in the fanfiction section.

Now for the story itself:
---------

Littlefoot's eyes suddenly opened. He heard a scream that sounded like someone near him had seen something highly surprising. The longneck, though still half asleep, quickly scrambled to his feet and saw young female flyer, standing four little-foots away and attentively looking at him. For a brief moment, Littlefoot and this mysterious flyer stood motionless then the flyer finally carefully asked:

"Are you by any means friends with Petrie? I'd like to get his hand print. So, if you are... Can you please ?"

"At this hour?" Littlefoot said, confused by the flyers odd request. "And since when did Petrie become famous so someone asks for his hand prints?" Littlefoot thought.

“Yes, the sooner the better" the flyer responded, interrupting Littlefoot's puzzled thoughts quickly. The longneck wanted to be helpful to everyone but his instincts cautioned otherwise. What if this flyer was some kind of spy of some vile adult flier or even sharptooth who wants to...

"What am I even thinking about??? I definitelly didn't sleep well..." Littlefoot thought. He decided to push out those thoughts and agree to help. "Alright just let me quickly have my morning drink, and we will go to Petrie's nest” the longneck said as he turned towards the direction of the cliff on which Petrie's nest lied.

The boy deeply wondered what the flyer's true intentions were. Maybe if he talked to her more yes, maybe then he would understand her a little better!

I guess I should start off simple, the longneck thought with some hesitation as he slowly moved to take his morning drink from a nearby pond. "Why are you so interested in Petrie's hand print?" Littlefoot said as he raised his head back up from the water to see the female flyer looking at him impatiently.

She answered to the longneck "I can tell you that later. Let's get going already!"

This strange girl doesn't get any chance to seek out anything if she doesn't tell why Petrie interests her! He then asked with a sharp voice. "You're not going to meet with Petrie until I know the truth!"
Littlefoot was surprised by such his own strong harsh speech, but he couldn't help but feel like there was something strange within the flyer.

The girl, shocked by the sudden outburst, stared blankly at Littlefoot and answered in a confused, even hurt voice. "If you won't help then I'll just find him on my own!" and before Littlefoot could spoke his word, she quickly lifted in the air and flied beyond the wall of trees towards the Roaring Falls, which oddly wasn't anywhere near Petrie's nest.

Littlefoot stunned a bit, still looking at the direction where mysterious morning guest disappeared. And suddenly guilt started to swell up as Littlefoot's thoughts caught up with the situation.

"I I hurted her... Well done, smart longneck!" he thought. "I should try to make things alright again! I'll go find her!" He  moved towards the Roaring Falls with his eyes fixated on her last position.

The young female flyer landed on a small hill near the cliffside to take a quick rest. Despite the recent argument, she kind of understood Littlefoot's sentiment. But even then, she couldn't help being upset at the longneck's prying. She knew her request might have been odd but the longneck's response was so unexpected to be heard from that boy... She was told that Littlefoot is very easy to approach and always willing to help. Was there something wrong with how she approached him? Now she was back to hills near Meeting Place, but with nothing in her beak and hands she had to wonder on how to proceed. Would she risk finding Petrie on her own?

She scanned the horizon trying to see something interesting for her. Bright circle was dawning above the valley which meant Petrie would more than likely be awake by now but the chance of finding him on her own was still very slim. Only information she has is that his family nest was gone since the days of Rising Water and she had no real idea where to look for its new location. The flyer sighed as she took to the skies once again. She would find him by herself, since she loved to fly the skies and look at residents from distant above, but there was a chance that the nest could be in some cave or hidden very well, and she has a very little time because of agreement between her and others. Still, she decided that it was better to at least look around instead of standing around and getting nothing done. The girl quickly took off and headed towards the location of Petrie's old nest. Maybe she could ask someone who lives there for information. This is only way she can see now.

By the time Littlefoot reached the Thundering Falls the Bright Circle had already rose above the valley walls, casting its rays upon the green, bright meadows. However, Littlefoot was too focused on finding the strange flyer to notice the unusual absence of his friends. He's seen none of them all morning.

She could be anywhere at this point. Maybe I should go check Petrie myself. There is a chance that he might know what's going on. the longneck thought as he turned to look at the flyer's nest's direction. He'd have to find a way to explain all this. He didn't even get her name or whether she'd even lived in the Valley until now. The whole situation was so strange that Littlefoot started to worry as he approached the winding path up to Petrie's nest. No matter how he looked at the issue, the girl's behavior seemed at odds with her simple request. Littlefoot quickened his pace to get an answer to the whole thing as fast as possible. In the case the odd flyer hadn't found Petrie by herself, the boy at least deserved to be able to speak with Petrie.

Maybe he knows who she is. And with those thoughts, Littlefoot took the last few remaining steps to Petrie's nest and prepared for the potentially awkward meeting with his old friend.

Petrie's wing covered the bright light as he refused to wake up. The morning had come far too early for the young flyer and it seemed to become more strenuous than he expected. He wrapped his other arm around his eyes in an attempt to shut out his thoughts of what was about to happen next. Today was supposed to be the day he and his siblings start practicing for the Great Day of the Flyers again. Even though everyone sang 'Flip, Flap and Fly' during Petrie's previous flying test, he still failed it. And the worst part of having to go through that ordeal again was the fact that he still wasn't flying in formation properly. The flyer rolled over, frustrated by his inability to escape his thoughts which had already lingered within the back of his mind for weeks. Petrie's concentration was soon broken however by the sound of steps. He listened more carefully.

"Petrie! Petrie!"

To the flyer's surprise, the voice didn't sound familiar in the least. He quickly swooped down to investigate who was calling out to him. A tall but slightly hunched flyer stood near the top of the trail, seemingly waiting for Petrie to come investigate why he is here. Petrie abruptly halted at the sight of this figure and fearful did not know how he should react. He paused for a moment to try and decide what, if anything, he should say to the stranger.

"Umm...who you?" the young flyer finally managed to squeak out.

" Who I am? Don't you remember that!? " the tall flyer spoke with a small grin on his face...

----------

I believe I was the last person to post to the story so it's someone else's turn.

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"There's no time for explanations. I'm here for your hand print!"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:22:50 PM by LeventeII »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well this certainly fell by the waist-side. Sorry to keep you waiting LeventeII

...His slight smile and amused demeanor quickly vanished as the flyer started to step towards Petrie.

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I had to think long about what would happen next.

"I'm already late. are you afraid? If you do me the favor, I won't hurt you." said the flyer impatiently.