The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

An Analysis of the Music

Almaron · 30 · 8378

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
This was really informative. Thanks for sharing.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
You know this is 6-8 years old, right?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Sorry to resurrect an old forum post but Intrada (http://store.intrada.com/s.nl?it=A&id=12106) has reissued the Land Before Time soundtrack with additional tracks such as "Journey of the Dinosaurs” and "Separate Paths". I'm not sure if the music would cover any of the deleted scenes though.

Sarah

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Thank you for sharing this with us! I didn't find around 16 minutes of film music from the final/cut film in the soundtrack(https://youtube.com/playlistlist=PLC27AA61779C4BFAB). They include for example the hatching of Spike, the scene where the characters sleep in a footprint and the fight between Littlefoot and Cera. I'm not sure if the two tracks include music from the deleted scenes, because they aren't any longer then the missing piece of the soundtrack, but it would be cool if someone could find out.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Thank you for sharing this with us! I didn't find around 16 minutes of film music from the final/cut film in the soundtrack(https://youtube.com/playlistlist=PLC27AA61779C4BFAB). They include for example the hatching of Spike, the scene where the characters sleep in a footprint and the fight between Littlefoot and Cera. I'm not sure if the two tracks include music from the deleted scenes, because they aren't any longer then the missing piece of the soundtrack, but it would be cool if someone could find out.
Yeah those two tracks comprise of the music from Spike's hatching to the sleeping scene and the fight. Looking up the exact name of the tracks on Youtube can allow you a listen.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Sarah

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks for your advice! I didn't think it would be that easy, but I found the tracks!
Here's a complete version of the soundtrack:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn8x8CeVKUoC8IPs0OKpsUjROCSUuLGr8

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Ah, thanks for sharing that playlist, Sarah. These newly-released musical cues are fantastic. :)

Also putting this here as a reminder for myself; sometime in early 2021 I'd like to do a more in-depth analysis of the soundtrack as one of my review projects.

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I remember this analysis! Thanks for taking the time to create it. It sure helps shed light on the missing footage.