The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT GBA Game

Stitch · 38 · 6043

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey guys, here's something I just found that should be very interesting:

Game Factory To Make Game Based on Young Dinos, Garfield, Miss Spider, Franklin

February 15, 2006  

Building off its success as an international publisher of video and computer games based on leading international children's characters, The Game Factory announced a significant expansion in its 2006 product portfolio at the 2006 American International Toy Fair. More than 20 titles, developed for young gamers, will ship for the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2 and PC-CD ROM platforms. Titles can be purchased via national toy, electronic, videogame, software and mass-market retailers.

"2006 will see The Game Factory publish its most compelling range of entertainment video games and software for young gamers. It's an amazing opportunity to work with such highly respected brands and beloved characters," said Leah Kalboussi, vp North America. "Our ability to attract and introduce new license partners throughout the year will see us extending our reputation for producing high quality entertainment, across multiple platforms to young gamers of all ages."

LAND BEFORE TIME: INTO THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND follows the group of young dinosaur friends, Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike and Chomper as they live, play and learn about life in the Great Valley. Young gamers are required to take control of each of the popular young dinosaurs as well as Littlefoot's Grandpa and venture through six environments. Players use the different strengths and abilities of the individual dinosaurs to help them overcome various obstacles. The game will be available for GameBoy Advanced for $29.99.

The Game Factory, trading as The American Game Factory, Inc in North America, is an international publisher of video and computer games based on leading international children's characters. It is a subsidiary of the K.E. Mathiasen Group A/S, the largest Nordic company within children's licenses and spanning many different product categories such as: apparel, toys, candy, home furnishing and games. For more information, visit www.gamefactorygames.com

Are you guys planning to try this?

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've never actually tried a LBT game (I wouldn't dare pick one up in a store O.O lol since I always go with someone else). I don't have a GBA :cry

Sounds interesting :P: I would definitely try it if I had a GBA :/

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I happen to have a GBA.

I'll make sure to buy this game once it comes out.

Just a bit curious, how long will I have to wait for it? :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I have a few LBT games. Regretably all I have are either made for kids (yes, I can count up to ten!  :lol:) or else are jump and run games which are really not my genre.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hear March 7th for the release date.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I got a GBA too, I can also test out the game when it comes out.

So far, I got Need for Speed:  Porsche Unleashed and Dynasty Warriors 5.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I don't have the game but I do have a ROM for the GBA game of LBT. It's ok...a bit mediocre and not reccommended if you're looking for a big challenge. But saying that, it is fun to play and it's nice and cute.

I heard a rumour that apparently, with the release of the Nintendo Gamecube, there was due to be an LBT game release as a launch title. It's in one of my brother's old game mags...If I can get my hands on it, I'll try scanning it in...would've been a nice idea to see a modernized LBT game coz the current ones, (besides the educational ones) are a bit lame really! :unsure:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
heard a rumour that apparently, with the release of the Nintendo Gamecube, there was due to be an LBT game release as a launch title. It's in one of my brother's old game mags...If I can get my hands on it, I'll try scanning it in...would've been a nice idea to see a modernized LBT game coz the current ones, (besides the educational ones) are a bit lame really!

A Gamecube LBT game?!  Ahh, that would have been Awesome; too bad it hasn't gone anywhere.  Please, if you can get some pictures, that would be great!

By the way, it looks like they may be releasing a Nintendo DS LBT game in the near future.  i'll see if I can get some facts on this, but I have to go or I'll miss my bus  :p

Platvoet en zijn Vriendjes

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/landbeforetime
I believe i have an old LBT PSX game around here somewhere, the game is nice for the very young player, but it is far too easy for an older person.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*Update on the Nintendo DS LBT Game*

http://www.revo-europe.com/game.php?gid=lbt

It appears that there is little information, but is also appears that it Does exist.  I'll kep you posted as I find out more, but this may be a long time coming.
The game is to be released in 2006 in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Guys!  I have finally saved up enough money to get it, and I know of a place that sells it!  I plan on getting it today!

I'll give you my full review on this game once I play it. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I got to play this game, and now I can give you some info on it.

So what's the story?  Here's the deal:

The Gang go exploring inside a cave and suddenly, there is this rock slide, making them trapped inside the cave.  As they try to find a way out, Spike notices that they are not alone... A SHARPTOOTH IS ASLEEP INSIDE THE CAVE!!

The Gang scatter and find a way out by sheer luck, but become seperated and lost in The Mysterious Beyond.

Petrie finds Littlefoot and together they search for their friends and a way home.  Unfortunately, their friends have been captured by various enemies.

So begins the quest to save their friends and find a way home.

--------

The controls are simple really, though the instruction booklet has them mixed up a little.

Control Pad: Move (Duh!)

A Button: Jump (press while in the air to do a Double Jump.)

B Button: Tail Swing

B Button x2: Spike & Littlefoot: 360 Tail Swing    Cera: Charge & Ram!

L + Control Pad: Scout. (Use this to look in different dirctions before you leap.)

R + Control Pad: Run (This really comes in handy when a Double Jump won't get you across.  You can jump pretty far when you add a run.)

Down on Control Pad: Duck.

Start: Pause

Select: Switch between charcters. (Note: This is only available after you save Cera.  Don't worry, you save her first.)

---------

Each charcter seems to hold something special about them.

Littlefoot: The one you start out with and a great choice in nearly any situation.  He holds the highest and farthest jumping skill.  His mighty tail is his main weapon, but that doesn't mean he can't squish a few bad guys by jumping on them.  Very fast and agile, Littlefoot is a great all-around chacter, but there are some situations that are better suited for the other charcters.

Spike:  Though slow, Spike holds the highest defense and can take more hits than any of the other charcters.  His high defense makes him the only one capable of withstanding deadly spikes.  He can't jump as far or high or run as fast as any of the other chacters, but when it comes to tough bosses that require alot of defense to take on, Spike's your dino!

Cera:  She's the strongest in the movies, and just as tough in the game.  Her ability to take care of big boulders with her great strength comes in very handy.  However, she does lack in speed and jumping.

Ducky:  Very fast and agile, Ducky is the perfect scout.  Her small size enables her to find danger up ahead and be easily overlooked by bad guys.  She may be the weakest in strength, but that doesn't mean she can't be useful. (Ducky really comes in handy against the fourth boss.)

Petrie:  You don't get to control him, but that doesn't mean he won't do anything.  Petrie is there to distract enemies.  While they're busy with the little flyer, they become an easy target for any member of the gang.

--------

You cannot save on this, but don't worry too much.  You get a password every time you beat one of the five worlds.  Rather than numbers and letters, the passwords are identified by the charcters.  Just remember to memorize those passwords.  They always come in handy.

---------

The game holds a difficulty function.  1 to 3.  1 is easiest.  3 is hardest.

-------

My comments:

For my first time playing a LBT time, it was rather enjoyalbe.  However, it could've been done better.  The instruction booklet says L to run, but as I experimented, it was proven to be R.  However, the bosses aren't that tough.  They hold an all too simple pattern like movement that make them easy to beat on any difficulty. (Like boss one: claw, wait, tail, wait, claw, wait, tail, wait.  See what I mean?) Another mistake is that Ducky is saved at the end of the third world, not the forth.

With only five worlds, an experienced player can beat it in about an hour.

Other than that, it was enjoyable and worth the $13 I spent. (That's how much it cost at Toys R' Us.)

It's not really one I'll play much.  More likely when I'm bored than anything else.

Overall rating:

8/10.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually, that sounds like the old LBT collection game that came out a couple of years ago (had it for a couple of months now).  I think they may have delayed shipment of the new one.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^You serious?

If what you're saying is right, then I spent my money on the wrong game! :mad

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

The LBT game for the GBA isn't spectacular. I've got it as a ROM for a GBA emulator. It's nice and fun to play but it's hardly a challenge for an avid gamer. You can complete it in around 30mins if that.

Oh...and about that mag review on LBT for the Gamecube...bad news I'm afraid. :( Either I'm incredibly blind or my brother's thrown that particular issue of game mag out! I searched for it but I couldn't find it. It was only a couple of lines but it was like a proposed hitlist of forthcoming games expected to come with the Cube on (and around about) it's release and I swear LBT was in there!

Sorry guys... -_-

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Doh! :bang  Why didn't I even think to use an emulator? I downloaded all my old favorites like "Yoshi's Island", "Earthbound" but never even thought to get the LBT games :P:

Now brb while I download the playstation and GBA emulators :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Probably should get off the topic of emulation before someone decides this is a piracy board and gets upset :P:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Right...um...yea...

What does piracy mean? :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Mar 15 2006 on  02:04 PM
Right...um...yea...

What does piracy mean? :lol:
I can't tell whether you were joking when you asked that or not, so I'll answer assuming you were not joking: :P:

The term "piracy" is used in regards to the stealing of something, usually a service or a piece of software (think "pirates").  Emulation of commercial games is widely considered piracy (stealing) by many companies.  Emulation itself isn't illegal, but the playing of commercial games on them, is, and doing such a thing is an example of piracy, which can get a web site shut down if it is convicted of it.