The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT GBA Game

Stitch · 38 · 5999

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Aahh ok, I looked it up but I just wanted to be sure :P:

Oh, and I wasn't joking :P:, though it did look like it :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It was your smiley face that had me wondering whether you were joking or not :p
I hope it's all cleared up now :D
Anyways, let's continue the discussion:

I hope you were right about a Gamecube LBT game in progress; I would love to see such a project, especially if they made it a large-scale game.  There is so much potential for a vast world to explore.
I doubt, however, that we would ever see such a grand project in the form of an LBT game :cry2

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I doubt, however, that we would ever see such a grand project in the form of an LBT game
So true :( Who knows though, maybe they'll have something great in stock for us :D

Also if they did do a gamecube one, I think using cell-shading effects would work excellent with this type of game (Take Zelda: Wind Waker for example)

If only if only :cry2

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Also if they did do a gamecube one, I think using cel-shading effects would work excellent with this type of game (Take Zelda: Wind Waker for example)

This could be a very interesting approach to the graphics of the game.  It may work out better than actual 3D characters, if only to keep the graphics more similar to the films.  Transforming the characters into big, bulky 3D characters could lead to some trouble unless it's done Very, Very well.  If they could do it however, it could make for a wonderful game, as it would be easier to give the characters mass, texture, and a physical presence in the virtual world.

The cel-shaded graphics would work as well, if the developers wanted to keep to a more classic graphics style.  Either way, I'd be happy, as long as the game has some depth and there are many things the player can do with the characters.   As long as the game is at least as good as many of the films, I'm happy :D

The last GBA version really disappointed me, though I'm looking forward to the new mobile console LBT game.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yea but I guess they may never really focus on a "Vast open world exploring" kind of approach since LBT has always been geared towards the younger age. Plus I imagine these games will never really be given "alot" of work since they probably know the game itself won't be given much attention. However the original LBT was quite popular if I'm not mistaken :P:

Argh they need to stop being so lazy and take a step up :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Plus I imagine these games will never really be given "alot" of work since they probably know the game itself won't be given much attention.

Sad but true :cry2

Ah well, we can hope.  If we Really wanted, I could program a relatively simple LBT text-based game.  It wouldn't be anything fancy though.  if I get the time/motivation for such a project, I'll post any work done on it :^.^:

But until then, I have a class to attend in about 5 minutes, so I have to get going.  I'll be home in about 3 hours.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hehe, that would be pretty interesting :P:

I was thinking about making a Land Before Time Byond game but god...I try drawing littlefoot, so hard :bang, especially since I'd have to make him a run state, and not to forget about the other 4 characters :lol:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Emulators work slightly differently. The disclaimer states that you can download all the games you want but you can only keep them if you ACTUALLY own the game as a product (i.e you have the CD or cartridge in your possession). Other than that, you are allowed to download the games but you should delete them from your system within 24 hours. If you decide to keep them then it's on your own head...which is fair play I reckon.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Mar 15 2006 on  04:34 PM
Emulators work slightly differently. The disclaimer states that you can download all the games you want but you can only keep them if you ACTUALLY own the game as a product (i.e you have the CD or cartridge in your possession). Other than that, you are allowed to download the games but you should delete them from your system within 24 hours. If you decide to keep them then it's on your own head...which is fair play I reckon.
Emulation sites claim this, but the law itself states otherwise.  The whole 24 hour thing is complete bull, and owning the actual game still makes the creation or possession of a commercial ROM illegal.  The disclaimers on emulation sites are mainly there to
1) Make the users feel better
2) Keep themselves out of trouble
Possession of something you didn't pay for isn't magically legal for the first 24 hours, no matter what it is.  I don't know where this hooey came from.  I, too, have seen this posted on countless emulation sites.  It makes no legal sense whatsoever.

There is nothing legal about emulating commercial games, whether you own them or not.  This was brought up in Nintendo Power one day some years back, and this is what they had to say about it.  I'm not saying I'm against emulators.  I'm just stating what I've heard.  Personally, I see emulation as a way to keep the classics alive, and to allow users to get back into their favorite games at higher quality than they ever could on the original system (an N64-style game in 1600x1200 resolution looks pretty impressive, really :p)

Otherwise it's like renting a game for free if you don't own it.  Even if you delete it in 24 hours, it takes the business away from the video rental companies.  Using a ROM of a game you own, I personally feel *should* be legal, and technically in Canada it is (as long as we don't sell them), but from what I've heard, in the USA, commercial game ROMs are Illegal, as the code is confidential property of the game producers.

Emulators themselves are Not illegal.  It's the ROMs that are, whether you own the original game or not.  I don't know the Exact legalities behind it, but I know I've heard at least this much.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now, I'm not 100% sure of whether or not I pulled off buying the new GBA LBT game on-line, but I should know in up to 14 days.

You see, I went onto Amazon.com and found only one left in stock.  As such, I immediately put it in my shopping cart and went to the checkout.  I have a Visa Check Card so I was able to buy it with that.  Now, the thing is that it was very late when I did this, and while it was taking care of all the proceedes of buying it, my computer was booted off-line.  So, I'm not sure if I pulled it off.

What mainly makes me wonder this, is that there are none left in stock.  So, as such, there is a chance that I pulled it off, or that someone else bought it while I was asleep, as I had discovered this part in the morning.  So whether or not it's on it's way to my home is beyond me right now, but I'll make sure to let you guys know in a couple of weeks.

In the mean time, I'm thinking of returning the game I just barely bought.  However, with me being the fan of LBT that I am, I'm having second thoughts.  I'm not sure.

Well, maybe I'll sleep on it.

I'll see ya later. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, it's your call when it comes to keeping that game.  It's a fairly rare item, and it wasn't all that expensive.  It's a little addition to your LBT collection.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Those rulings are legit action but it is seriously down to the individual. You can actually purchase ROMs from sites but most give them out as trials. Also there are strict rulings on what exactly can be placed on a ROM and they tend to mostly to be games of previous console generations. I.e Gameboys, Megadrive, SNES etc. I'll agree they can be regarded as a means of piracy but it's moreso a law DODGE than a law break. It's at about the same level as P2P sharing programs. I.e Kazaa, Morpheus, Limewire etc.

And it is down to you as a person to whether you take the risk. You've had an official warning so if you get caught, there's nothing you can whinge about...

Pokeplayer: Did you get an email confirming your order? Normally when you buy on Amazon, you get an email through stating that they've received you order and that counts as a sorta online receipt that you could keep until you actually receive it. If you didn't then it might be wise to ask them.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Come to think of it, I didn't get an e-mail.

*swears his mouth off.*

Well, back to trying to find one! -_-

Oh and as it turns out, I can't get a refund for the game I bought as I did open it and to get my money back, it can't be opened. :mad

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you didnt get an email then my guess is that they didnt get your order. Give it a couple of days and find out if any money has been withdrawn...if not then I suppose it's safe to assume that nothing's happened.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Those rulings are legit action but it is seriously down to the individual. You can actually purchase ROMs from sites but most give them out as trials. Also there are strict rulings on what exactly can be placed on a ROM and they tend to mostly to be games of previous console generations. I.e Gameboys, Megadrive, SNES etc. I'll agree they can be regarded as a means of piracy but it's moreso a law DODGE than a law break. It's at about the same level as P2P sharing programs. I.e Kazaa, Morpheus, Limewire etc.

And it is down to you as a person to whether you take the risk. You've had an official warning so if you get caught, there's nothing you can whinge about...
Good call, mate :yes That about sums it up right there B)

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Got some more news on this:

I had a pre-order in to walmart, and never cancelled it.  I just got an e-mail that said that the release date will be next tuesday, and that it will be shipped asap.

Hopefully it comes this time.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Another Update:

I was just cruising around today, and stopped in at Toys R Us, and guess what?  They have it.  Expect my review of it pretty soon.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome :D
I"m very curious to hear more about this game!
Is this it?