The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

UnionRags123's Fanart :)

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
Hi  :rainbowwave

Since I decided to start making some attempts at Land Before Time fanart...I figured I'd make a topic here  :lol

I'm not a master at art and I'm not gonna pretend to be one  ;)Cera However, I do find art fun...so that's why I do art.

I'm not really sure what else to write here (currently)...but more might be added later  :lol

First image posted:
This is Taunt - an OC created by @rhombus in The Seven Hunters conutinuity
Here he is shown making his "signature obscene gesture"
This was my 2nd ever attempt at drawing a fastbiter...
(This was made as an entry for the July/Aug 2019 fanart prompt of: Draw an OC)
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Nice second attempt, UnionRags123! The highlight for this drawing in my opinion is the black stripes that extend from his head to his tail. You did a good job on those. The face is a bit awkward for me, and the outline for the dinosaur is a bit wobbly at the neck and feet area. But with all that said, this is pretty cool. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is quite a nice second attempt, Union!  :DD I am always happy when I see another drawing of Taunt doing Taunt-like things.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
First off, just want to say it again that it's great to see another member trying and sharing their fanart! :smile

For not drawing very much I'd say this looks pretty darn good! Nothing is standing out in terms of anatomy or proportion errors. One of the criticisms I had from your first attempt that you showed on Discord was how his stripes on his back weren't all in a consistent direction but it looks like you corrected that for this version!

I agree with ImpracticalDino that his snarl looks a little off. Having the edge of his lips sag slightly downwards could maybe help with that. I'm also used to seeing DarkWolf's drawings of Taunt so it is strange to see him without a different coloured belly, though not sure if that's been confirmed or not to say if that's how he's supposed to look or not.

Overall a very good start for your fanart and I hope to see more in the future! :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For someone who doesn't usually do art, this is quite impressive. Good job, fellow 123  :PAli
Inactive, probably forever.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Here's another drawing (finally!)  :lol

Mama Swimmer on her way to the "Great City Co-op" to buy snacks for her kids. The Great City is a modern version of the Great Valley

I'm quite pleased with it - it's either my first ever attempt at drawing a swimmer, or my first attempt at drawing a swimmer in like...12 years. And it was drawn at 2 am  :lol

Here's the reference photo. Mama Swimmer's neck was quite stretched in the reference, so I drew it that way too  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Very nice Union! That wide eyed stare is perfect for her soon-to-be shopping nightmare to feed all her kids haha.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Good job, UnionRags123! Nice replication of Mama Swimmer from another drawing. No criticism needed here really, as everything was accomplished as it should.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:03:44 AM by ImpracticalDino »

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Just adding on to everyone else, but the replication of Mama Swimmer's deadpan face sells this. She really has that "here we go again" look to her expression.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's simple but the main premise and the expression make the idea work okay. :)

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
The idea behind this delineation is exhilarating and the poker-face countenance on Mama Swimmer renders it comical when you stop and observe her features to a greater degree. It really demonstrates the distinguishable wave of tedium in her.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This was originally gonna be for the March/April crossover prompt, but after talking with Flathead770 I decided to post it now and draw something happier for the prompt  :lol

This one is of Bambi, Simba, and Littlefoot.

I drew them facing away because 1) I didn't wanna draw their faces and 2) I think it kinda adds to the "scene" to have them facing away.

This drawing (like the Taunt one) was done using Procreate and an Apple Pencil

edit: drawing was done at like 1 am or something  :lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 09:08:15 PM by UnionRags123 »
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Ah, I see the point of this picture. Sneaky, sneaky. :sducky

Overall, the shapes look right and I like the color. I feel like this piece could be improved with the use of a shadow layer. Good job regardless!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's a pretty interesting idea! Fairly simple but it's effective at what it does. I think Bambi looks the best out of the 3, and the improper hind leg placement is a nice touch. One thing I think that stands out to me the most is that I can see the outlines of the circles used for Simba's ears overlapping the back of his head.

Good job with this! :DD

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
One thing I think that stands out to me the most is that I can see the outlines of the circles used for Simba's ears overlapping the back of his head.

Gosh darn circles...I DECLARE WAR ON THE CIRCLES  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ohh I really like this one! It's simple but very effective in bringing the message across :) It's also interesting to see these characters from the back. Perhaps when the crossover prompt comes around you can give us an updated version :D

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I agree that while the picture is simple, the idea behind it speaks volumes about the theme. Indeed, all of these three characters are unified by the pain of losing a parent, and that is very sorrowful indeed. Props for you Union for this rather interesting idea!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Some pains last forever. Oof, right in the feels...

I don't have much to add beyond what the others have already said. It looks good. :)