The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond

Jrd89 · 820 · 83843

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
(Do what you want man)

Pterano and Rinkus spread their wings and took off, catching up with Luke and Jared. "Ya act like it's your first time flying" Rinkus said with a chuckle.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared smiled back. "Well Rinkus, it's my first time flying with you... so you're right!"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"You guys seem a lot nicer than the last flyers we stayed with", Luke explained. He looked around at the mountains surrounding them. "So, what's there to do around here? You three must have somewhere to relax when you're not... doing whatever it is you do."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"In the mysterious beyond there are endless possibilities" Pterano said.

"Yes, we just make it up as we go, just fly really" Rinkus added.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*Jared wanted to fly beside Rinkus now, so he slowed down a little, adjusted his position, moved alongside Rinkus, and began flapping at normal speed again*

"Yes, Pterano. Anything could happen. You never know. The mysterious beyond is a very unpredictable place filled with many surprises."

"I wonder what we'll find first?" said Jared, thinking to himself as to what it would be. Then he turned to Luke.

"Remember to be careful Luke, and please stay with Pterano and Rinkus for your own safety, no matter what." Jared carefully warned. "I know I will."

"You don't want to get lost in the mysterious beyond all by yourself, do you? I sure don't." he said, a little scared at the thought.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
After listening to Jared, Luke looked down. The ground was covered in fog, and every now and then an unseen creature shrieked. He shivered. "It is pretty spooky down there. At least Pterano looks like he knows his way around here - whatever's down in that mist, I don't think it would help us if we got lost."

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Who knows what's down there.... There may be... *GULP* sh-sh-sh-sharpteeth. If either one of us were to get lost down there in the mists.. we wouldn't be able to see where we're going....and we could be low enough for a sharptooth to.. TO.. *GULP!*   EAT ONE OF US!!!"

*Jared shivered and was terrified. Then, he tried to relax.*

"But.. yeah.. when it comes to flying in new places we don't know, it's good for Pterano to stay out in front... He's the bravest of us all, and I agree. I also think he knows the way around here.

So, as long as Pterano stays in the lead, and you and I remember to stay close, we'll be ok. And its just as good to stay close to Rinkus. He's our friend, too."

*then, he turned to Rinkus who was just to the left of him*

"You wouldn't let anything terrible happen to a fellow long-tailed flyer... w-w-would you, Rinkus?" asked Jared, a little uncertain of himself.  

"Because I really care about you. You've been such a great friend to me and Luke so far. I like being with you, you're fun to live with, and i'd hate to have anything bad happen to you, buddy. You mean a lot to me." said Jared with a very caring tone in his voice.

He smiled warmly at his pink friend...

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Redtooth: Just a suggestion... go ahead and have Rinkus give a warm, kind reply back to me about the things I just told to him in my last post..

(after all, I told him how good of a friend he's been to me as well as Luke..)  :D

And go ahead and have Pterano tell us about the first place we could go see... (I'm sure Pterano will think of it soon....he's the wisest...)

I also think Pterano knows his way around the mysterious beyond the best, too.  :yes

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Rinkus paused for a few seconds letting what Jared said sink in. "Er, thank's mate" he said as a smile slowly came to his face. "I think we'll get along just fine, all three of us long-tails"

Pterano chuckled as he looked down at the fog. "Come now, follow me and when I say follow I mean exactly unless you want to get lost" he said as he began to descend.

Highsoar

• Big flyer
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't have a problem with you joining in, but you should probably ask Jrd89

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
****Bushwacked: Sure, If Highsoar wants to join, it's ok with me.  ;) He sounds like another flyer lover.   :D   ****

Hmm... I wonder what kind of flyer he'll be or where he'll come in at....  :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*Hey bushwacked, Redtooth... I have wonderful message to tell you..

Today, (March 14th) I was at a Barnes & Noble and found a 2-pack dvd of "The Secret of Saurus Rock" and.. "THE STONE OF COLD FIRE!"  :D

When I get my car to myself *after the Florida plates get put on it..the Michigan plates just expired last December and my Dad doesn't want me to get into trouble.. right now, he's just driving it to where he works and back... and JUST  that, right now*

Yep. I found LBT VII on Dvd today...
YES!! NOW I got a chance to take home my funny pink friend Rinkus, and Pterano on DVD!... I haven't seen "The Stone of Cold Fire" in full since I last saw it on t.v. in December 2003... and now I have a chance to own the movie on dvd..

Since then, i've had to rely on clips and youtube videos...

What a great day it was for me today...

My mom says it's ok, and it's no problem with her... she was actually a little happy about it, too.

I just gotta keep it a secret and NOT let my little sister OR ESPECIALLY my dad find out about it...I'll never let them find out, either...

When I go back and buy it on either Thursday or Friday, I'm going to hide it in one of my dresser drawers where I also keep my drawing stuff (and my folder which has got my drawings in it...including a few drawings of Rinkus and a few of Pterano, too!!)

And Right now in my family...ONLY my mom knows about me liking Rinkus and "LBT 7"  ;) and she likes my drawings...

I'll NEVER tell my 'sis or dad or have them find out, either... ;)

**Just a message, guys.. I figured you'd like to hear that.... I'm so happy   :DD **

now, back to the story.  

Jared flew closer to Pterano and got behind him..

"Ok, Pterano. I'm right behind you." said Jared, as he followed close behind the orange flyer..

Then, he warned Luke and Rinkus..

"Come on, guys... follow Pterano closely....and whatever you do, don't get lost in the fog!

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
*Good for you, Jared. Now you can enjoy it whenever you want  :yes

Gulping, Luke sped up and slotted himself between Rinkus and Jared. Below them, the mist seemed to be rising. A few whisps brushed against Luke's foot. "Hey Pterano," he called out, "Are we there yet? I can't shake the feeling that something's following us..."

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*You don't have to worry any more, bushwacked and redtooth.. because I GOT "COLD FIRE" TODAY! .. *

My mom was able to get me back to Barnes & Noble today, a little earlier than I expected...!!

I was almost shaking I was so happy when I bought it!  :DD

Now I have "Cold Fire" as well as "Saurus Rock" on DVD!!! I can watch Rinkus & Pterano anytime I want to now!! I haven't seen "The Stone Of Cold Fire" since I last saw it on t.v. in 2003.. and now I OWN the movie!!!!!

(I got it hiding in one of my dresser drawers so my sister or dad won't find or see it!!  :p  

(Hopefully, I will be able to watch it here at the condo if there's a time when my mom, dad, and sister go away somewhere and do something else)

Ohhh man! I feel so happy right now!!

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*****I saw that highsoar's dinosona is a quetzalcoatlus... The BIGGEST pterosaur of all... So if she does join the story... we'd have one giant flyer to deal with..

I don't think highsoar could fit in the cave with us.. there probably wouldn't be enough room for a GIANT quetzalcoatlus to live in a cave with 3 rhamphorhynchuses, a pteranodon, and a cearadactylus.... highsoar would be way too big.

But, she's welcome to join anytime if she wants to. (She hasn't replied back yet on if she wants to be in the story or not) *****

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"There's always somethin' followin' you out here" Sierra said appearing out of nowhere behind the group. Pterano and Rinkus where visibly startled, with Rinkus pausing long enough to nearly fall out of the air but thankfully he began flapping again before that happened.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared was startled and jumped when he heard Sierra's voice behind him.

"AHH!...Sierra found us!" he said.

Jared was scared, and flapped harder, trying to stay away from Sierra. Pterano was right in front of him, and Rinkus and Luke were very close by.

"I'm sorry, guys. I still don't trust him... I think he hates having me and Luke around. I'm afraid he'll hurt me or .*GULP!!* tear my tail off! and I don't want that to happen...

I haven't even done anything wrong to Sierra. I'm good and friendly to be with."

But then, a thought came over him... he looked over at Luke and told him...

"But... I did appreciate how Sierra gave us his bed to sleep in temporarily, Luke. It was nice of him to do that. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had that nice, extra-soft, warm, leaf bed to sleep in... we would've had to sleep on the ground, instead.

Maybe Sierra is good for a few things after all." said Jared.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You could be right," Luke nodded, "He's probably got some good in him, deep down. Maybe."
He slowed his flying slightly and spoke nervously; "Hey Sierra, how long have you been following us? Looks like you have quite the talent for sneaking up on people."

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
***Jared was still scared of Sierra.. he couldn't believe how Sierra had snuck up right behind him and his friends out of nowhere... his heart started to pound...***

*gulp* "Y-y-yeah.. how long HAVE you been behind us... you were very sneaky...I-I-I d-d-don't know how you caught up to us. I didn't e-e-even h-h-hear you, Sierra. Luke's right, y-y-you're v-v-very sneaky."

Jared nervously said, sticking right behind Pterano and close to Rinkus. He still didn't trust Sierra and was still very afraid of him. Jared also didn't like the rough, mean attitude Sierra had been giving towards him and Luke.

Jared whispered very softly to Rinkus.. "ohhhhh...Rinkus, I'm still scared of Sierra.. I just know he's gonna hurt me... I think he hates me... he looks very mean....and so far, he's been rough and unfriendly to me and Luke .....I don't trust him....Can you help me get rid of my fear?"