The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Generation Earlier

brekclub85 · 177 · 23013

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OOC: Like I said, back and trying to jump back in

Ada giggled, but was also impressed as Pterano managed to pull out a sizable fish. Then both went under. She peered forward, waiting for Pterano to surface, and when he didn't in the next few moments, she flapped over nearer the water to see if he was ok and needed her to help pull him out or anything.

~~~~

"So...now we go home?" Tylr asked with a hopeful grin. Violet laughed, "Of course not!" she scooped up more mud and this time hit Trip before next flinging some at Cree.

"Didn't think so" Tylr sighed, though he wasn't really hating this or anything. He scooped up more mud, and, before he could think about and talk himself out of it, hurled it at Cree...hitting dead center. He froze.

Cree wiped the crud off, frowned, yet then just hurled his own mud wad.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Pterano let go of the fighting fish. It had pulled him half way across the watering pool. He was glad it was not terribly deep. Once he had let go, he let himself float to the top as the fish swam away. He broke the surface and took a deep breath. "I'm okay!" He shouted, sputtering and climbing onto a nearby rock.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ada breathed a sigh of relief and flew down closer, "Wow, once again you just prove to be amazing near the water, even if you haven't lived near it" she said, landing on the same rock.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano shivered and smiled. "That's the first time I've ever been underwater." He said.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano straightened himself awkwardly, still dripping wet. "Well, it went 'swimmingly', but I think I'd rather avoid it again." He sighed. "I'm very wet." He grimaced.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(Don't worry, tweak on OC's or not I won't forget this role play and just leave as is, though, yeah Cree doesn't have to neccessarily be the oldest and that could (and does) add to why he's like he is).

Ada laughed, "Well it takes some practice, though I must say you did good".

(ooc: Hmm, should I attempt to bring in Ada's father in all of what you said about him now to either be impressed or concerned about Pterano, I'm wondering?)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Those annoying little biters never can take a no, can they?" Redclaw asked his friends and brother.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
OOC: Of COURSE Ada's father should come around! I was trying to find the 'right opportunity' m'self. And his name is now Tybalt =P . Fear my originality.

Pterano smiled gratefully. He was sure that he was starting to make a more real friend faster than ever before. He stood up again and fanned his wings, being sure to get as much water off as possible. "I'm going to try again!" He took to flight and hovered above the water. He watched for smaller movement in the water, and when he saw something sizable, he swooped down and caught a small fish in his beak, clamping it tightly. He felt incredible joy fill him and he alighted on the ground and dropped the fish in front of Ada. "I did it!" He exclaimed!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Make sure I never have to hang around them," Redclaw laughed.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"So what do you guys want to do next?" Ichy asked.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OOC: sorry, sorry, sorry for leaving you hanging. Good news? I just can't forget here so I probably won't ever really go. Anyway, if you're still checking this I"ll try to continue in this that I have some hope of continuing with my characters (even if my OC's aren't of age anymore per last change...but anyway) Pterano and the whole plot with Ada's father definitely shouldn't be left hanging.

Um, who's doing him? I'll go either way and borrow him or just let you play your own character, whatever you wanna do :D.

BIC:

Ada gave a small smile, trying not to look too impressed, but then...it was getting hard with Pterano, he was just so...charming? perhaps, or something like that.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
OOC: I'll take him on :)

BIC:
Pterano was right about to open his beak to say something, when suddenly a shadow went over them. A grown-up male flier landed on the rocks beside Ada. Pterano was astonished-he was the biggest crested flier he had ever seen! He was colored in deep shades of green, with a brownish belly and neck. His eyes were green like Ada's, but they were darker. He also had some chips in his beak. Certainly, this flier was a fighter! "Well, Ada." He said. His accent was strange too (think Norwegian/Danish..."viking accent") "I see you've found a new friend." He glanced at Pterano. "And what's this? Are you teaching him to fish?" He didn't sound angry or disappointed-more amused than anything.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ada had half expected that teaching as 'bark-beak' to fish would have been a bigger problem, atleast with her father, but was relieved it wasn't.

She smiled, "Um yes Father" (ooc: would she title him like that? just guessing :)) she said, "This is Pterano, and...he's doing very good at the fishing", she smiled to Pterano, hoping to make him more comfortable since her father could be an imposign figure.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
OOC: Yes, she would call him that.

Pterano looked up at the huge flier, and nodded to his prize. "Yes, sir. This is the first fish I've caught. The male flier looked at his daughter with a smile gracing his jagged beak. "Well, Ada. I'm pleased you've found a friend and a pupil. Just the kind of attitude I like to see"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OOC: Sorry again for the abscence...

BIC:

Ada smiled as her father's words seemed to be, no were, accepting. She didn't know if she could ever explain to Pterano what a big deal this was, his being deemed "ok" by her father.

Sure there was some praise to her in that too, but she glanced this over in light of just being happy her new friend was ok in her father's opinion it seemed. She didn't know what she'd do if he wasn't...

She gave Pterano a smile to try and keep him reassured.