The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by LeventeII

LeventeII · 133 · 22784

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Yesterday, 3rd  January 2018, I have done my very first artwork. :)
I think there are still many things to improve. I have copied it without tracing it.

Feedback?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:22:43 PM by LeventeII »

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Pretty cool! Can't wait to see more of your artwork here! :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That is a really impressive drawing, especially considering it's your first here! The anatomy, expression and details are truly decent and the whole picture is a really nice one. The only problems I can point out is that the lighter area around Littlefoot's mouth looks a bit weird (is it too large perhaps?) and his body might be a bit too small. However, really nice job with this picture! It's great to see a new artist on this forum! :DD

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback! :)

I've done my second work. This time it's Spike. He is scared by something.
It took 2  hours.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:23:30 PM by LeventeII »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's great to see another person drawing and for a first drawing it's pretty darn good. The overall shape is well done and you've put a good amount of detail into it. :smile

There are a few things that I have noticed that might help. If you compare the space between the edge of his nose bulge and the end of his face, it's longer on the far side then it is on the closer side giving it a bit of a lopsided look to it. I think this is why Sovereign believes the lighter part of the mouth is too large since it's larger relative to the top of his nose area. I hope this makes sense as it is a little hard to explain. In the end this isn't that big of a deal as the face has been drawn well otherwise. Another small detail with the face is that his ear is missing.

As for the body, the the curve on the hind leg's thigh as it goes towards the knee seems a little too pronounced.

Lastly it would be good to make the lines darker. It's great to start out light like this to fix mistakes and get it the way you like and then afterwards re-trace all the lines with more pressure (I tend to draw extremely light so I usually end up doing this twice). A problem with it being to light can be that it's hard to make things out. For example, one of the lines on Littlefoot's right foreleg (front leg closest to the left side of the paper) is really hard to notice.

I hope I don't come across as overly negative. I really like the drawing and I hope to see you keep at it! :DD

[EDIT]Well it seems I spent so much time looking at your first drawing that you've posted your next one. :lol

You did a great job drawing Spike and I don't notice any real big issues, especially with the expression. Keep it up!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:18:05 PM by Flathead770 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, the Spike drawing is really nice too! Maybe his body should be a bit longer but the expression is quite spot-on and the lines are smooth enough. Are you planning to color your pictures in the future? :)

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback! :) I will pay more attention next time.

Yes, I'm going to colorize them. I'm going to make a photocopy to have a backup.

I have finished my third one. Ducky and Petrie from a scene in the 13th  movie.
It took 3 hours.

I have the impression that something is wrong... but i don't know what.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:47:40 PM by LeventeII »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Is this scene so popular or something? Oo I find it everywhere! XD
(can't see something very wrong. :) )
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It is a scene from the 13th movie.
When Doofah dropped some flowers behind her, some of the blossoms landed on Cera. Ducky laughed. Cera turned around and was angry.

Petrie: me not laughed, it her!

Ducky: I don't believe that you have told on about me!

I don't think that this scene is popular. Maybe it's a memorable moment that Ducky is angry.

I'm very motivated on drawing, so I've finished my 4th work, Cera! :)
It was very hard, it took 4 hours.

I think the eyes have a mistake... Maybe it will look better when it's colorized.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:48:39 PM by LeventeII »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow your on fire! Both of these are looking good!   :wow

For the Ducky and Petrie one, I was originally going to say that Ducky's back as it leads to her tail looks strange but when looking at the scene that's how it looks. That's all I noticed for that one.

Cera is drawn well and the expression is solid. You mention there might be something wrong with the eyes and I think you are right. To me it might be that the eye on the left has the pupil slanted inwards? I don't know if it's just because of the perspective but at the top of her head it looks like her frill ends short. Cera's face can be difficult sometimes. There's always something that feels off when I draw it.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
awesome!

Now it's time for friendly sharpteeth! Right? ^^
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You're doing really well with your drawings! These new pictures look great as well and it shows you have a good grasp on these characters. :) Cera and Petrie look great but Ducky's face looks weird for some reason. Her eyelashes could be a bit more pronounced and maybe her eyes are too long? Still, thank you for sharing these pictures! You're a really talented artist! :DD

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the Feedback :)

I really wanted to draw a sharptooth. But then I noticed, that they have a sharptooth as friend. I forgot Chomper. :^^spike

It was very frustrating! 3 hours, but at the end it was better. Here it is:

It is Chomper as he tastests his very first food. :^^spike
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:49:28 PM by LeventeII »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:)littlefoot wow, I can hardly keep up with that speed of yours :D

Let me try to give my very best to write a good and fair critique and give feedback. (I just retired from working on my own art for the moment due to frustration, maybe it helps :D)

first some thoughts in general:

It seems to me that you're only drawing the lineart. Do you intend to colour some of these in the future? Coloured art looks 1000% more awesome ^^spike

Your paper has a bit of an own colour to it. It just looks a bit odd to me since I'm used to white paper but that might just be me :)

Now let's tackle the individual drawings.

1. I find that his head and neck are drawn very well, however his rump looks slightly distorted. Though don't worry. If I draw Littlefoot without tracing, it'll probably look similar if not... worse :P

2. I seem to recall that pose of Spike. Don't know which movie it is from but he's probably seeing a Sharptooth right there :P Very good lineart, I can't spot anything that looks off :)

3. When I saw that one, I had to grin because... I've drawn this very scene myself in the past :smile The lineart seems to be pretty solid here as well, nice work :)

4. Cera is very hard to draw. I can draw Ducky, Petrie and Littlefoot from memory (well, it won't look good) but Cera is hard to memorize (and there are just so many small things you can butcher so very easily :sducky: ) I'm not sure if her face is 100% correct but it certainly looks good to my eyes ;)

5. Also nice work on Chomper! :)littlefoot

Overall, pretty solid drawings so far, I'm excited to see more :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
sweet! ^^

Now - how about VERY NOT friendly green immortal super sharpteeth? *winks*

anyway, can't wait for more!
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a really good and cute Chomper! ^^spike  This drawing is actually quite spot on and actually, I have nothing major to criticize  here (the minor thing is that Chomper's left knee seems to point at a slightly wrong direction). The expression looks natural and the anatomy truly works here! Have you ever considered doing some backgrounds? They always make a drawing even better! :DD

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for feedback! :)
The scene with Spike is from the 6 movie I think.

Drawing Backgrounds will be the next level I think. :^^spike

At the moment I have no pencils for colorizing. But I'm going to colorize them all as soon as    possible :)

In that Federal State in which I live in Germany are at the moment school holidays, and that's the reason why I have no colored pencils at the moment. Also, the light at this place is not the best, and that's why the paper has an odd color. The paper is actually white. :)

I couldn't find a good picture for drawing a Sharptooth. But I'm searching for one. I'm sure I'll draw one in the early future. :)

I don't know why, but drawing Ruby took 6 hours!

It was exciting to draw her. :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:51:24 PM by LeventeII »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This one is, once again, really well drawn! :) The expression is adorable and faithfully captured from the actual scene and the rest of the picture is excellent too (except that her feet have different number of toes here) ;) . In any case, your last two drawings have been your best ones yet! Keep it up! :DD