The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 72969

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I would like to try it out. But when I am clicking at the link the page isn¥t shown :blink:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
But, you haven't fixed the bug with "/" key? 
I will probably get the chat window to SHOW the / key again because eventually we'll want it there.  For now I'll leave it out but I'll put it back in once the chat system fully supports using /a, /p, /w, etc. for addressing specific (groups of) players.

okay so I'm having a lot of fun trying to get text to wrap properly inside the chat box! :p Once I get this working, I'll start working on a 3d version of the training area map as well as putting out requests for more artwork. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Fixed a bug where the font was smaller in higher resolutions.
Still working on wrapping text within the chat box.  Man, I don't know how I'm gonna do that...:p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
anyone you can ask or any open source game's code you can look over, or a programmer forum you can ask on?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well here's some bad news:

My main computer, where I have the latest version of our game, decided to totally fail on me.  When I turn it on I get nothing but a black screen.  I think the motherboard got fried somehow.

Anyway, long story short, I won't be able to work on anything until I get my main computer back, as all my software is on it.

Sorry for the further delay, this is pretty frustrating.  I don't need a $200 or something bill right now.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: action9000,Sep 12 2008 on  07:23 AM
My main computer, where I have the latest version of our game, decided to totally fail on me.  When I turn it on I get nothing but a black screen.  I think the motherboard got fried somehow.
That is indeed pretty frustrating. :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Shoot! Is the latest version of the game saved anywhere else or is there the risk of any severe loss of data? :bang

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He saved it on many other places so that he wouldnt lose it.. I think he told me something like that.

He didnt sound like o noo the game is gone in his last post either so I dont think its lost, malte :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You're right, I do have copies of the code elsewhere, I just don't have the absolute latest version of the code anywhere else.  There is a risk of losing a little bit but nothing serious.  Maybe 30 lines or so.

I just don't have the software on any of my other computers and it's easier to keep track of everything to just work on a single system.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do hope things go well and nothing is lost, good luck.  I guess there is no telling till you can get access to the files.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dum dee dum, okay Tim wants his computer back! :p
In theory I should be getting a call today about it but we'll see... :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hope computer is ok :) if not you can be reaaally mad with it :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
if not you can be reaaally mad with it
hehe, good news is that it cost less than I thought it would.  bad news: I lost 4GB of RAM.  Good news, I don't need it need it, so I'll live with 4GB instead of 8GB for now. :p

Yay okay I'm getting my compy back tomorrow. :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, just an announcement of what I'm doing over here:

I'm going to leave programming until I can get our first 3d map made, of the training area.  Once I get the map completed, I'll look at how long it took to produce and may prefer to ask for assistance in making 3d maps in the future if it eats up excessive amounts of time (which I should be using to program! :p).

I'll have an update for everyone shortly.   B)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A very preliminary look at a training area map.  I'm still cleaning it up but as you can see, something is starting to come to life. :)

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/act...ntitled-1-1.jpg