The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What's your personal favorite "Game Over" screen?

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Remember the "GAME OVER" screens? Those dreaded screens that show up every time you lose in a certain video game or in arcades? Don't you just love seeing those annoying-yet-catchy screens? :p

My personal favorites are the ones from Daytona USA and Sega Rally Championship, But I like the Sega Rally one better than Daytona's - seriously, it makes me wanna lose on purpose everytime I play it just to hear the tune:

"Game over, YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" :lol

Daytona USA had a very catchy Game Over screen too, and after all these years, I can STILL hear it in my head, and I haven't been playing the game for quite a long time either! :blink:

So what are YOUR personal favorite "Game Over" screens? :)

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
One of mine would have to be the various ones you would get in Batman: Arkham Asylum. The one you would get when you die would depend on the enemy you're fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SGTzHp78rg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29v8wwrm-Xc&feature=related

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Spartanguy88,Jan 26 2010 on  07:14 AM
One of mine would have to be the various ones you would get in Batman: Arkham Asylum. The one you would get when you die would depend on the enemy you're fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SGTzHp78rg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29v8wwrm-Xc&feature=related
Was just going to mention that one myself actually.  Those ones are awesome ^^

And in Left 4 Dead I think it is where it'll come up with in blood red, "You are dead"

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I always liked the Game Over screen in Shadow Of The Colossus, it shows an insignia while playing extremely depressing music as a result making feel like you just died  :boohoo

There's also the game over screen in Daytona USA which includes a song the lyrics are: G,A,M,E,O,V,E,R G-A-M-E-O-V-E-R  GAMEOVER(3x).

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Jan 26 2010 on  05:22 AM
There's also the game over screen in Daytona USA which includes a song the lyrics are: G,A,M,E,O,V,E,R G-A-M-E-O-V-E-R  GAMEOVER(3x).
I can't get that song off my head - it's as if the game's making fun of you for losing. :lol

It's also interesting how they pronounced the letter V as "voo" instead of "vee". :p

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I don't about "favorite" Game Over screens, since I'm usually experiencing ager and frustration while they play, but I ca say without doubt that I find the original Super Mario Bros. G.O. screen to be the most memorable.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
the G.O screens from the Metal Gear Solid games

Snake,what's going on,SNNAAAAAAAKKKKKE!!!!

GAME OVER.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In Mortal Kombat 3, against the hidden fight against Noob Saibot, when you loose, Shao Khan will call out "It's official, you suck"

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I understand this to be fake, but I love it so much, I don't care. :)

Game Over Screen

Seriously, it's just great! :lol:My Webpage

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
lol, I have to agree, that's an awesome game over screen, even if it is fake :lol:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Feb 1 2010 on  12:27 AM
I understand this to be fake, but I love it so much, I don't care. :)

Game Over Screen

Seriously, it's just great! :lol:

AVGN Reference huh? That was a epic episode.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
OK guys, I know that was all in the spirit of fun but let's try and keep it a little more user friendly please. Changed the image to a link so it's not slapping you in the face when you view the page.

Thanks guys!

Littlefoot1616 ;)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Jan 25 2010 on  03:54 PM
And in Left 4 Dead I think it is where it'll come up with in blood red, "You are dead"
That also happens in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.  Anytime the character gets whacked in the Konquest mode, those exact words show up in bloody red colors, accompanied by a skull with an evil expression :lol.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Feb 2 2010 on  03:46 PM
Quote from: MrDrake,Jan 25 2010 on  03:54 PM
That also happens in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.  Anytime the character gets whacked in the Konquest mode, those exact words show up in bloody red colors, accompanied by a skull with an evil expression :lol.
Hmm, that's probabally were I got it from! Either there or from God of War XD

But I knew it was from somewhere at least, so I'm not completely insane! :lol

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
My favorite is from King's Quest VI:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPLFol0Gh-E&feature=related (wait until after each death or skip to the end.)

Funny thing is, if you play the longer, complete path of the game, you HAVE to pass the death "game over" screen while still alive.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I can't remember which one it was, but there was a silent hill game with a game over screen that I just never forgot. It was very disturbing. Everything was flickering, like your tv was messing up, there was a very eerie sound playing in the background, there were all sorts of textures in the background of what looked like blood-stained metal, and even the words "Game Over" in the center had a very unnerving appearance. You know how most game over screens make you want to throw the television out the window? Well this just made you stare as if it was hypnotizing you or something. It was truly like a work of art.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What about the one in Batman: Arkham Asylum where it takes it a step further and makes you think the game just crashed?