The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discussion: The School Bully

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Ah, Marcus! My old RP brother!

how are you this fine night?

glad to see you pop in at random =D

RP Brothers again, I hope =) I've missed the action

MarcusGalen

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Indeed. if you excuse, I'll be getting the prank supplies and the accent together. it's been a while since I was Coyote.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I see you brought your old wedgie'o'mattic.. I'm sure that mean old Aron would appreciate a demonstration of it soon =)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I see, pre teens to young teens.   I guess folks will be limited to x number of posts per day?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Personally, I think that an elf, like reptiles and humans, would make the RP more unique.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It depends if there are any elves in the world or not.  There are not elves in every fictional world, even though they are in a lot.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jan 19 2008 on  11:12 AM
It depends if there are any elves in the world or not.  There are not elves in every fictional world, even though they are in a lot.
I have failed in my reading of fantasy to find a world without elves. Yet. I probably will one day find a fantasy novel without elves.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've read some, some fantasy worlds had humans only.  I think Spellsinger had only humans and anthro animals.  If I recall correctly the wizard in that book was an anthro turtle.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Still, in every fantasy novel I have read, elves kick @$$ in some way or another.

Examples:

Legolas in Lord of the Rings
Arya in Eragon
Julius Root and Holly Short in Artemis Fowl

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I use to read a lot of fantasy, for around 20 years, but sorta lost interest.  I read one fantasy that had only humans, and non anthro cats in it, with both being sentient, but humans didn't know the cats were.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I really don't think Elves would fit in this RPG. It's just me, but Elves really don't fit.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Players play as anthropomorphic personifications, right?

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, an Elves aren't anthropomorphic animals, they're huminiod beings with pointy ears and magic powers.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, anthropomorphic personifications have human characteristics. So do elves. They could fit into this RP without too much confusion.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aves and Aves alone is the one who says what fits into it's world since it made the world.  Sounds to me like you are trying to argue about that.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If I seem to be arguing, I apologize.

I am just trying to prove a point. It should be feasibly possible to work elves into this RP.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's up to Aves if elves exist or not in it's world.  If they do not maybe he can suggest a species that is similar to elves in some way, their view of living as part of nature, or some other aspect that is similar to what most elves are like in the few fiction I've read them in.  The vast majority of the fantasy books I read didn't have any elves in them, but were human only worlds.