The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time: Death in the Great Valley

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Note: This is one of my story ideas that I'm bringing to life. I've always been curious of what Littlefoot's life would be like if he was taken in by Cera's family until he was grown up. The gang of five is in their early teens.

Chapter 1

It was a sad day in the Great Valley; the herd gathered around Littlefoot's grandparents as they were about to die. Things were never gonna be the same without them; and Littlefoot would have to be taken in by a neighboring herd since he was too young to take care of himself.
As usual, Topsy was skeptical of taking him in; however, if he was taken in by Petrie's family, he'd have to endure the yelling of Petrie's brothers and sisters. Ducky's family was also another option he couldn't go with considering her mother had too many kids already. In the end, he took Cera's family up on the offer to stay with them until he was all grown up.
Grandma and Grandpa smiled knowing that Littlefoot will be well looked after once they were gone.
"Don't worry about Littlefoot; we'll look after him; I'm gonna miss you guys," Topsy admitted.
"We'll miss all of you; and especially you Littlefoot," Grandpa claimed.
Littlefoot nuzzled his grandparents; soon enough, the last breath of life escaped their bodies. He then stood back and allowed for his unshed tears to stream down his face and onto the ground in front of him. Although, Topsy had better control over his emotions, the death of Grandma and Grandpa Longneck still made him feel sad. Soon enough, the old longnecks were buried by the entrance of the valley; it was Littlefoot's request for their resting place and would eventually become his when he dies of old age.
Throughout the day, Littlefoot was becoming increasingly depressed. Cera had offered to be the seeker in a game of Hide and Seek; but, he politely declined. Even though the young threehorn was disappointed, she understood that if Littlefoot didn't want to play, she took no for an answer and then left to find Ducky, Petrie and Spike. Once Cera had left, Topsy took it as his cue to see if Littlefoot wanted to talk. He wandered over to the young longneck laid down next to him. Littlefoot turned his gaze over to the adult threehorn and sighed.
"Something on your mind, son?" Topsy asked.
Littlefoot nodded.
"I know what it's like to lose a loved one; my mother died when I was about your age and I was taken in by my father's parents; they may have been my guardians until I was old enough to live by myself; but, I still preferred to be with my mother; I was a Mama's Boy back in the day; my father ditched the family to make a second one in order to replace me; see, after my twin brother died, my father left; he came back after a couple of years and impregnated my mother; she lost the hatchling and he blamed me; he left again after that; haven't seen him since I was 8; ever since then, I tried to make myself seem tough due to the crap I endured," Topsy explained.
Littlefoot was amazed; was this the same threehorn who instantly hated him upon first meeting? Now, he was sharing something that he kept hidden since childhood. Littlefoot wasn't expecting him to share something THAT personal; he must really trust him.
"Why were you telling me all this? I thought you would like to keep stories of your childhood to yourself," Littlefoot claimed.
"To be completely honest, witnessing your grandparents' deaths brought back a memory of when I witnessed my own mother's death; you see, I was only 16 when she died; and you're how old?" Topsy wondered.
"A year younger than you were when you lost your mother," Littlefoot told him.
Topsy nodded.
"Anyway, I'm sorry about your grandparents; they were fair leaders; and I'm still thankful to your grandpa for saving me and Cera from the fire so many years ago and thankful to you for bringing her back alive when you were just hatchlings," Topsy said.
Littlefoot nodded.
"And I'm thankful that you took me in; considering that I'm too young to live on my own; and since my grandparents were your friends and Cera is my best friend, I don't see a problem with us being friends; age doesn't matter really; nor does species," Littlefoot explained.
Topsy nodded in agreement.
If Littlefoot was going to stay with Cera's family until he reaches adulthood, he would have to be able to get along with them. However, he was never expected to forget how caring his grandparents were to him when they were alive. He would eventually not get so emotional over the loss after a while; with help from his friends and the herd.
"Grandma, Grandpa, wherever you are; I couldn't thank you enough for taking care of me after Mother died; I miss you already; I'll always remember you as the wise leaders you were when you were alive," Littlefoot said while looking up at the sky.
Just then, three cloud figures showed up. One of them was his mother and the other two were his grandparents. The breeze blew lightly as if they were nuzzling him.
"We'll always be with you...even if you can't see us," Littlefoot heard his grandma's voice for the last time.
Littlefoot started shedding more tears; and another breeze blew lightly against his face to wipe away his tears. Topsy thought he might have been going crazy; it wasn't just Littlefoot who felt the presense of his mother and grandparents; he did, too. Soon enough, a cloud shape of a threehorn appeared in the sky. He recognized the figure as his mother.
"She must have seen that I agreed to take care of Littlefoot after his grandparents died," Topsy thought.
Soon enough, the figures disappeared back into the afterlife. Littlefoot now felt comforted to know that he would be well taken care of even if it's with a family who isn't related to him.