The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Got Questions? Ask The Chronicler

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
What are your other favorite TV shows besides MythBusters?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nearly all of the television I watch these days is on the Discovery Channel and History Channel, along with the Science Channel (affiliated with Discovery) and H2 (a second History Channel). Many times, it's to watch a single one- or two-hour program with no additional series.

As for actual TV shows; on Discovery, there's obviously "Mythbusters", and I guess "Curiosity" as well (I don't mind watching any kind of science). On the Science Channel, it would definitely be shows that are mostly about space, such as "How the Universe Works", and "Through the Wormhole, with Morgan Freeman". On History and/or H2, my favorite is definitely "The Universe", but there are plenty other shows I also watch. Most notably are those that started off as a single two-hour program, such as "Life After People", and "How the States Got Their Shapes".

Basically, all of my favorite shows are on those four channels.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Any more questions?

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I may not be very active when it come to posting, but I'm still willing to answer any questions you guys may ask here.

- Berix

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Are there any upcoming game releases that you are looking forward to in the next year?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
These days, there really isn't a lot of games that would interest me enough to purchase them, aside from the Civilization series. This year, there actually is one new game I'm looking forward to: The LEGO Movie Video Game. I'm a huge fan of all things Lego, but have yet to purchase any of the major video games they've released over the years (except Bionicle Heroes, back in 2006, which is still one of my absolute favorites). If I ever get a chance to purchase just one game based on Lego, that's the one I'll most likely try to get.

- Berix

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Hello, my friend. It's been ages since I spoke with you. How are you doing, and is there anything new with you?

(Sorry for the weak questions. I'm afraid it's all I've got right now. :oops)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I typically don't get enough time to make long posts like this one. (This one took nearly two hours to finish.)

Yes, it certainly has been quite a while since we last spoke. I guess there just hasn't been much of an opportunity on either of our ends. Anyway, I've been doing just fine, and most of my time this year has been occupied with two things.

The first thing is that I've been playing Civilization V quite a lot since early 2013. I do limit myself to playing only on afternoons when I have more than one or two hours to spare, and I always finish playing for the day at the same approximate time (that autosave feature comes quite in handy, as it typically takes me two days to complete a game). Because of this arrangement, I'm capable of setting aside this game if I need more time for other things. (For example, I took a break for over a month so I could watch the World Cup back in June and July this summer.)

The second thing has to do with my interest in the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, specifically fanfiction. Throughout the last nearly two years, I've been reading a lot of fanfiction on a site called fimfiction.net, which has all kinds of MLP:FiM fanfiction (and I do mean all kinds). Eventually, I decided to write an MLP fanfic of my own. My first idea was obviously a crossover with Bionicle, but with over two dozen such stories already on that site, it didn't seem like a fresh enough idea to me. My second idea, however, seemed much more promising: LEGO. Combining that with the alternate world concept used in the MLP:FiM movie Equestria Girls was something that I was really interested in seeing, so I began writing my first MLP:FiM fanfic at the start of this year, and managed to finish it just less than a month ago. (Thanks to all of your advice over the years on my previous stories, I actually felt confident enough to not ask for an editor at any time while I was writing. I simply checked over each chapter three times before adding them online.) I've received quite a bit of positive feedback on it, so I'm definitely proud of my effort. If you're interested in reading it, I put a link to it in this topic. (Don't bother pointing out potential errors, as I have no intentions of doing any further editing. However, I would be interested in hearing what you think of it. I'll let you decide on where to post your replies.)

By the way, in case if you haven't heard, I decided back in December last year to put my second LBT/Bionicle fanfic on hold, and I doubt I'll be resuming progress anytime soon. I can only work on one fanfic at a time, and I think it's clear where my inspiration has shifted.

Well, that's pretty much what I've been up to these days. It was nice talking to you again.

- Berix

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do you enjoy playing city-building games like Sim City, Caesar III, or Pharaoh?  If you have, then what was your favorite game from that genre?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Back in the early 2000s, I used to play a lot of computer games. As for the specific genre your asking, I've never heard of the latter two, but I did play Sim City 3000 and Sim City 4. Of that genre, there was only one other game I played, which I enjoyed very much, and that was CivCity Rome, basically a city-building game set in ancient Rome. I got interested in it because it was made by the creators of the Civilization series and the Stronghold series, both of which I had already played extensively by the time that game came out. I eventually moved on to other games, but not before completing both campaigns and beating every separate scenario. :smile Total completion!

- Berix

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Seeing as you like my human LBT art soo much, I thought I'd ask which of my humanized scenes and chracters do you like most?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was going to wait until after I had a chance to look over that entire topic before giving a proper answer, but then I figured that I'd probably have a hard time picking any favorites. I guess the best answer I can come up with is that the ones I like most are those that are adaptions of actual scenes from the movies, such as Chomper's introduction. After all, humanized characters are an alternate take on the series, and I'm always fascinated by how that would make familiar scenes either similar or different. If you want suggestions for future works, I would be particularly interested in seeing scene adaptions from the TV series (since that includes Ruby, my favorite LBT character).

- Berix

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: The Chronicler,May 31 2015 on  03:33 AM
I was going to wait until after I had a chance to look over that entire topic before giving a proper answer, but then I figured that I'd probably have a hard time picking any favorites. I guess the best answer I can come up with is that the ones I like most are those that are adaptions of actual scenes from the movies, such as Chomper's introduction. After all, humanized characters are an alternate take on the series, and I'm always fascinated by how that would make familiar scenes either similar or different. If you want suggestions for future works, I would be particularly interested in seeing scene adaptions from the TV series (since that includes Ruby, my favorite LBT character).
Well I do intend to do some scenes from the TV show and stuff with Ruby sometime soon. As soon as I have the time and made a new outfit for Ruby.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Do you have a skype account? Please feel hearty invited to add me (malte27984) in case you would like to chat sometimes :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No, I do not, nor do I have any plans of getting one anytime soon. The reason I have no interest in joining any kind of live chat is because, in a live conversation with someone, I often struggle a lot to simply get my thoughts out. I tend to mumble and stutter a lot, and there's always the fear that I'll say something the wrong way, which often leaves me not bringing up many subjects for the sake of "better safe than sorry".

Posting in a forum like this is a far more comfortable means of communication for me. I have time to gather my thoughts and articulate them in a way that (hopefully) come out very clearly. I also don't have to worry much about saying something bad, because I can look over my comment and if some part seems potentially insulting, I can just get rid of it before I even post.

I recall that this isn't the first time you've mentioned your desire to chat with me, but for the foreseeable future, I think I'd rather just stick to forum posts and private messages.

- Berix

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure, don't worry :)
I just hope that it didn't came across as pestering you there. One important not though, whenever I talk of skype I am refering to the type chat function of it unless otherwise specified. I very rarely do microphone chats via skype (most of the rare exceptions are during online computer games with Ducky123 and Rhombus), while the type chat does offer the benefits of a forum. As far as I'm concerned you don't need to worry much about insulting me. If I was easily insulted I would have to hate myself for I don't think there is anyone in the world poking as much fun at myself then I am ;)

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I'm sorry, I posted one question for Malte and then messed up the tabs :p

One for you, then :D! What's your opinion on sites like Facebook?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
EDIT: Oh dear, same mistake on my part of confusing the thread I'm very sorry :oops

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I completely forgot that I had a question waiting for me here.

I have zero interest in any social media sites like Facebook or Twitter. I'm not very much of a social person, so I just don't see any reason why I should join such sites at all. The forums and fanfiction sites that I've been a member of for years now are good enough for me.

Any more questions for me?

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Seeing as there's been renewed activity among "Ask Me" topics, I'd like to mention that I'm still open for answering questions (especially now that I've actually got a little more time to spare than I had in previous weeks).

- Berix