The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Got Questions? Ask The Chronicler

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I decided to be a part of this new trend and start up my own "Ask Me" topic.

Being the Bionicle fan of this forum, feel free to ask me any questions about it that other members might not know. Also, I've had a huge interest in astronomy for most of my life, so feel free to ask me any questions related to that too. As for other questions, feel free to ask me, but don't expect me to answer every single one of them.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No questions? Does this mean nobody wants to know more about me? :unsure:

- Berix

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Are you still working on that Bionicle/LBT crossover fanfic of yours? (The last time I remember you talking about it, you said you were editing it.) If so, how's it going? Can we expect to see any new chapters any time soon?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, I'm still editing it. Now that I'm not doing much these days, I'm actually surprised at how quickly I'm getting them done. I only have ten chapters left to go. (going to work on chapter 34 today)

At this rate, I'm expecting to finally get back to adding new chapters by the end of September.

- Berix

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure. I guess one factor is that, as a kid, I always enjoyed playing with Lego bricks, and Bionicle is a Lego product, so that shouldn't be so surprising. For collecting Bionicle sets, I guess I'm just one of those guys who wants to "collect them all", and I mean all. Also, I wasn't really into the story until the end of 2003, but since then I've always followed the story, getting every book, every comic, and every movie. The online games were also fun to play.

- Berix

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^I remember playing Bionicle with my guy friends back in third grade. Bionicles are fun to play with, from what I can remember. ^^

What is your favorite LBT character?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For a while it was Littlefoot, but ever since Ruby first appeared in the TV series, I must say that I really like her. In fact, I've only just recently admitted to myself that Ruby is my favorite LBT character.
(I'm not sexist, but usually my favorite characters are male. That should give you an idea of how significant this is for me.)

- Berix

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That's great! I love hearing that people like Ruby, cause I've always found that she's not as appreciated as I like.

You're easily the most loyal user to the Geography Game. Why did that game appeal to you so much?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I guess it's just something I'm good at, that's all. I've been reading maps since I was about 6, so yeah, it's not surprising how good I am at geography.

- Berix

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What other types of Lego do you like besides Bionicle?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
These days, there actually isn't any other kind of Lego or Lego product that I particularly like. Before Bionicle came along, I liked the classic Lego bricks and minifigures, and I think I also liked the Lego product Technic. But that was then. These days, nothing seems to catch my attention like Bionicle does.

- Berix

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
How exactly do you pronounce Bionicle? I'd always thought it rhymed with "chronicle" but my friends (who are bigger fans than me) say it's "By-o-nickel" with a strong emphasis on both i's.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Your friends are wrong. Your pronunciation is more accurate. As a little piece of trivia, I'll tell you that, contrary to some popular beliefs, the word "Bionicle" is actually a combination of the words biological chronicle.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm bumping this topic to announce that I have finally finished editing my fanfic! :celebrate  Expect to see a new chapter by the end of the month. (hopefully)

- Berix

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What is your favorite generation of Bionicle (i.e. the Bohrok, the first Metru Nui sets, etc.)?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Caustizer: I've seen the first three Bionicle movies, but I can't say anything about the latest one, The Legend Reborn, since I haven't seen it yet. The first one, Bionicle: Mask of Light, was my favorite of those first three movies. It featured some of my favorite characters and, being the first Boinicle movie, featured them in a way never seen before (like Takua as you can see in my avatar). The other two, Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui, Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows, were also good, but they weren't great.

jedi472: Here's a list of the years of the Bionicle story in order from my most favorite to my least favorite:

2001 (Arrival of the Toa): What can I say, the first year was simply the best. It was great learning about what life was like in the villages of Mata Nui and who all the major characters were. I also enjoyed playing the Mata Nui Online Game (which I currently have downloaded onto my computer).

2009 (Bara Magna): Like 2001, this year offered a whole new beginning to the story. Also, I'm expecting the movie for this year to be great.

2006 (Voya Nui): The villains of this year, the Piraka, were some of the greatest (not to mention the most spoofed). Also, seeing some favorite Matoran turn into Toa, the Toa Inika, was another great part. Also, my favorite Bionicle game, Bionicle Heroes, was released in this year.

2003 (Mask of Light): The main reason this year is so high on this list is because this was the year in which the first Bionicle movie, Mask of Light, was released.

2008: (Karda Nui and the Final Battle): The climax is often a great part of the story, and Bionicle is no different. What made this year so great was it's shocking ending (I honestly didn't see it coming).

2007 (Mahri Nui): This year feature the Toa Mahri, who had been the Toa Inika before being transformed by the Mask of Life. This year also had a shocking ending I didn't see coming. However, as the Bionicle writer had said, it was "mild compared to" how 2008 ended.

2002 (Bohrok and Bohrok-Kal): Aside from seeing some favorite characters, there wasn't much in this year that was so interesting.

2004 (Metru Nui): I don't know why I put this year so low on this list. It seemed interesting to learn what life was like in the different parts of the city and there was a new group of Toa. I think what made me not like this year so much was because, since it takes place before the previous years, it was obvious that the Toa Metru would succeed in their mission.

2005 (Web of Shadows): Why is this my least favorite of all the years of Bionicle? For the same reasons 2004 is so low on this list. Plus, I felt that the lack of Matoran for any role at all in this year was another negative. Also, the Toa Hordika, who were transformed from the Toa Metru, actually didn't seem that great in my opinion, for some reason.

- Berix

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
You asked me this question, so I’m going to ask it back: :p

What are some of your favorite scenes and episodes from MythBusters?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Let's see...

Cement Mix-Up (not only the awesome explosion, but also their reactions to seeing the cement truck half-filled with concrete)
Border Slingshot (I couldn't stop laughing at seeing Adam bounce the bowling ball like a basketball, then break a small chunk off of it :lol )
Buster Special (great to see all the pounding Buster has been put through :lol )
Mentos + Soda (the dry ice bomb was awesome)
Confederate Rocket (they seriously underestimated the power of that rocket, the fireball caused some cameras and even Adam's hovercraft to catch on fire :lol )
Hindenburg Mystery (big fire, especially from the mega-dope paint)
Supersize Special (seeing that bus get thrown back by the jet engines was awesome)
Moon Landing Hoax
Viral Myths (funny seeing a heavier-than-air gas create the opposite effect of helium when inhaled :lol )
YouTube Special (that giant Lego ball was awesome)
Demolition Derby Special
Duct Tape Hour

Those are pretty much my most favorites.

- Berix