The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Around the Folf

Nick22 · 698 · 56970

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emma was enjoying a relaxing massage, but her comfort vanished when the masseuse looked down in confusion at the pool of water at her feet. "What the hell?" she muttered.

Crossing to the door, she opened it curiously, then cried out as it swung open uncontrollably with a torrential flood of water.

"Oh god!" Emma screamed in terror as the water filled the room. "Marita, Rose--!" was the last thing she could scream before the water filled the room with her in it.

-------------------------------------------

"Life..." Flora muttered faintly, feeling herself slipping away.

The serpentine creature finished its walk and stared at the folf lying at its feet. "I hope you don't expect me to save you," it said. "Death is part of the natural cycle."

Flora shook her head. She smiled faintly. "I'm just glad...I got to see you again..." She coughed. "Why did you...leave me? All those months ago..."

Life sighed. "I'm sorry. But your place was not with me." The room shook from a rumble of thunder, sending plaster raining down on their heads. "I am one with all beings. But I cannot favor any one being over another."

Flora shook her head weakly. "That's not what you said before," she struggled to breathe. "You said we could go on adventures together. Be together for all eternity...as timeless friends."

Life looked away. "That wasn't exactly true," she confessed. "I don't lie easily, Flora, but I lied to you." She sat down next to the dying folf and took her hand. "The truth is, I've grown too old. It's been my time to go, for some time now. I thought...I thought the humans would help me transition."

"...Transition?" Flora murmured weakly.

Life's gaze grew dark. "To the other side. To where all beings must someday go." She waved her hand and tore the roof off of the hallway. Flora gasped as they looked at a brilliant summer sky. They were in the eye of the storm. "But your kind betrayed me. They locked me up and tried to study my powers, to claim for themselves what I'd hoped to give freely." She clenched her fist. "You were the only one who showed any compassion. Any promise. The only one who I thought could replace me..."

Flora teared up. "I didn't want to replace you. I just...wanted to be with you."

"I know." Life sighed. "I realized that. I see now that I must carry these burdens with me for the rest of time...my curse is to never see the other side. To never finish my cycle."

"Well..." Flora murmured, eyes dimming, "I think I'm about to complete my, uh, cycle...and I'd really like to experience the other side with you." She used the last of her strength to take Life's hand. "Relinquish your powers...Give them to nobody. Come with me..."

Life tried to yank her arm away, but Flora held on tight. "What? I can't do that!" she stammered. "This world needs me! It needs someone regulating the cycle of life!"

"Every parent thinks that..." Flora smiled, "but eventually you need to let your children take care of themselves." She closed her eyes. "Let go of your responsibilities. Trust the world to handle itself. Finish your cycle."

Life was silent for several seconds. "I..." She gulped. "I want to do that," she confessed. "I want to come with you. But I can't. The powers must go somewhere."

Flora held her hand tighter. "Then give them to me," she offered. "I know these powers can't be used to heal oneself. I'll die with or without them, and you and I can cross to the other side together...and we'll see what happens after that."

Life placed both of her hands on Flora's. "You would do that for me?" she finally whispered in amazement.

Flora smiled, and her eyes closed. She grew limp in Life's hands. Life took a deep breath and shut her eyes as well. Leaves started growing all over her body. Slowly, they traveled down Life's skin, gathering at her hands, and passed onto Flora.

With nary a sound, Life collapsed next to Flora's lifeless body.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:59:27 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 the the glaass walls shattered, from the water,  sending emma into the neighboring  stall, where mArita and rose were trying to do a masage. ' Dear Gos_' rose said, hers eyes becoming white as the water rushed in . Marita pushed forward and grabbed  Emma, before noticing a flight of stairs heading upstairs ' Upstairs! Now! marita shourted, pointing . ' Rose was the first to reach the stairs , as the water rapidly started ti fill the room.  the water sent the massuesse into the room as well. Marita reached the stairs and began to climb, glass broke as water rushed in.  the other rooms. theior only hope was to get to the upstairs.. Rose helped Marita carry emma up to the flor where marita began to perform CPR on the vixon, first mouth to mouth them chest compressions.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emma’s eyes fluttered open. “Rose...” she whispered, eyes wide with panic, when the whole floor gave a violent shake.

The massage parlor shuddered under the weight of the barrage of water. The walls started cracking. In seconds, the floors would collapse and the three girls would fall into a torrential and very dangerous whirlpool of splintery pulp...

——————-

Kojuuro backflipped to avoid a collapsing wall. The storm was getting really bad, and Sartonic’s meager defenses were finally failing. The apartments were flooded, but the occupants had nowhere to evacuate to. Bucketing hailstorms and lightning clouds prevented anyone from seeking shelter outside the facilities, which would collapse in a matter of seconds.

Kojuuro recognized a hopeless situation when he saw it, and decided to die on his own terms. Surrendering himself to the storm, he kneeled down and pressed both hands together in a ninja prayer. He became an island of zen in the unforgiving chaos around him.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:00:41 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 we need to get out of here' Marita said ' so much for a nice relaxing ' fun time'.' she sighed. ' this place is going to collaose.' rose lifted up emmas head, and pressed her dark red lips to emmas dark red lips. if they were going to die, at least they were with [people who mattered to them, and rose felt one last kiss would be a nice way to say good bye to this life.
 _
 marie stumbled out of the apartment section, the water following her at every srtep, as she moved down the steps she found the water lessening in its intensity. ' of cpourse, hurricanes have eyes ' where there is a brief window of calm , before the second, most potent part of the storm hits.' as she reached the bottom of the stairs and turned she saw, Flora lying on the ground in the mifddle of the hallway, next to what looked like a leafy spriggan.  Marie sank to her klnees next to Flora ' Flira? Flora? Can you hear me ' the golden retrievr said sharply. Flora was cold to the touvch, and marie raised her eyes toewards the heavens .
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emma returned the kiss, finding comfort in Rose's embrace. She understood how close they were to dying, but she placed herself into Rose's protection. In the end, it was enough to have someone to hold onto.

-----------

When Marie touched Flora, she suddenly felt imbued with a great power. Leaves sprouted from her hands, and the storm recoiled from her body. She'd gained miraculous abilities, among them the ability to control the storm and heal the sick or wounded...even ones as recently deceased as Flora.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita pulled both girls into her enbrace and resteed her head on roses shoulders.
-
 Marie gasped as she felt ebergy surge through her, what.. is this?' she said she put her hand back on Flora. this time, she fet a small movement, and slowly she felt floras body begin to warm back up. " Ok.. Ok. you're still  alive ' marie said softly. ' ok.. we need to ge t out here, this place is about to collapse .' She said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emma kissed Marita just as passionately as she’d kissed Rose. She may have found herself in more romantic situations with Rose over the time they’d known each other, but she loved them both equally, and hoped that Marita understood that in the end.

————————-

Flora found herself in a black void. Nothingness all around her. Where am I? She looked down. She couldn’t see her body. She couldn’t see anything. Is this what being dead is like? she thought, fighting to keep panic from rising in her chest. Wait...chest?

She could see herself again. And she wasn’t alone. “Flora,” smiled a strapping young fox, cleaner and more handsome than she’d known him in life. “Didn’t expect to see you so soon, but it’s good to see you again.”

“Nairda?” Flora wondered aloud. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m dead,” he admitted. “Died in Egypt, shortly after Foley. Who, speaking of which, is on the way.”

“Wait, so is this the afterlife?” Flora asked, looking at the infinite blackness around them.

“Kinda, this is your afterlife. But you haven’t shaped it yet.” Nairda snapped his fingers, and Flora was suddenly draped in a fashionable white and turquoise dress that perfectly accentuated her fuchsia fur. “In time you’ll make it into whatever you want. Until then you’re welcome to live in mine. I’m a rock star, with millions of adoring fans.” He bowed, generating applause from an unseen crowd.

“Honestly, Nairda, I don’t know how you aren’t bothered that the crowds aren’t real,” a young boy teased, appearing from out of nowhere. “At least my WoW guild is composed of other actual deceased souls.”

Flora gasped, and the youth anticipated her reaction and quickly added, “I’m Foley, by the way. This was me before I got fat. You get to look like whatever age of your life you most enjoyed. I’m not surprised you just look like yourself, to be honest.”

Flora’s head was spinning from all this new information. “What about Hal and Emi?” she asked.

“Emilena hasn’t died yet,” Nairda shook his head. “But she’ll be here some day. Hal’s right behind you.”

Flora turned around to see Hal, wearing his old bashful smile. Tears were running down Flora’s face, and she hugged each of her old gangmates. “I never thought I’d see any of you again,” she whispered joyfully. “I’m so sorry for what happened to you all—“

“No no, you don’t need to mention it,” Foley assured. “Forget about when we were alive. That was nothing compared to what we get now.” He snapped his fingers, and a portal opened to his afterlife, where Flora could see a towering room containing the most high-tech gaming rig imaginable. “Perfect ping, tons of traffic for every online game, nothing ever breaks or needs reinstalling,” he grinned. “It’s fucking paradise.”

Flora stepped forward eagerly. “Yes, let’s play games together! Just like old times!” she exclaimed, but suddenly all four of them felt the same thing. Flora was leaving. “Uhhh, guys?” she asked nervously, as her body faded.

“Don’t worry about it,” Nairda assured as Flora felt herself being pulled away. “We’ll still be here when you get back. And so will any new friends you make along the way.”

“Not to spoil,” Hal added, “But Marita, Rose, and Emma are coming sooner than you think. We’ll keep them company for you!”

They waved goodbye as Flora returned to life.

————————

Flora groaned as she opened her eyes. She felt the pain from her various wounds fade away, until her body was whole. It was an even more comfortable restoration than the times Aurora or Lily had healed her.

She opened her eyes to see Marie. “Marie...” she breathed, looking in awe at the Golden Retriever. “I was dead. You brought me back to life!”

She tried to recollect...had she seen anything while she was dead? The memory was getting foggier by the second...but before it was all gone she recalled a last-minute warning. “Marita and the others are in trouble!” she exclaimed, leaping to her feet. “I...can’t explain...but I think they’re in serious danger right now!”
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:04:11 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marita gently put her tongue into emmas mouth, feeling the vixens body against her own. the shaking was getting worse and worse, as the water continued to rise.
_
 great, just great!' marie sughed ' you seem to beb ok, but i have no idea how i'm going to get to the massage shop the girls were going to. they took the car , after all. ' unless thees a car around here that we can, um borrow " MArie said " Come in Flora, lead the way to the garage."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora let Marie help her to her feet. “The garage...” she thought aloud. “I’m not sure if there’ll be a car we can access in the garage. We won’t have the keys.”

She looked at the sky above. “The storm hit so suddenly...I bet there were drivers on the road who didn’t make it home before it ran them off the road. If we could reach the streets, that’s our fastest way to get a working car. When Life and I escaped Sartonic, she used her vines to help us scale the courtyard wall. Can you do the same thing to get us onto the roof?” She knew they could run through Sartonic, but the roof would give them a straight line to the parking lot and shave whole minutes off their journey.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i have no idea, we'll have to find out' Marie said.' course of the storms ripped up the walls, we can simply walk out through the openingas. you know the way better than i do , flora, lets go. I'm not sure how powerful these powers are, and i'm even sure i can control them, but i have to try. after all, its not like i have an option."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Okay, close your eyes," Flora urged. "Concentrate on your inner self. Look for the part that feels new, that you didn't have before." She knew Marie was their best chance of surviving the storm; charging into it without Marie knowing how to utilize her powers would be suicide. "Let's focus on vines, I know Life could make those. Imagine where you want the vines to be, what you want them to do. Trust me, we'll get to Marita faster if you can learn your new powers and keep us alive!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Life? whats Life? or should i say, WHO is Life? I'm sorry, but i'm really really confused. and I'll need , like, a ton of explanations here" Marie said ' i mean I've never had powers before, of ANY sort.  So first things first. we can go rushing off, until get at least SOME idea of what is going on..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"That's her name," Flora motioned to the deceased spriggan. "She died, but you've got her powers. And we'll need them to survive in the storm." She took off sprinting down the hallway, but it was slow going due to the collapsed walls and massive cracks in the ground from earthquakes. "Just, concentrate on growing leaves on your hands. Let's start with that. A nice easy thing," she urged, tripping over a severed I-beam hiding within a murky puddle and going sprawling.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Kojurro was rushing through the collapsing room searching anywhere for shelter. But he was unable to find any cover sufficient enough. He heard the cracking of beams above him and something heavy hitting him from above. He strained to get out from under the debris to no avail. He heard a roaring sound from all around him then nothing. Darkness enveloped his world.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marie focused stretched out her hand to her amazement, vines shot outt of her hands and embeded themselvves into the fall wall, growing together until they formed a lader, a vone ladder to be sure but one that was comfortable.
-
 Massage parlor.
water drained out of the shop as the water flowed out of the broken windows. ' the entire building groaned, as the sheer downpour had left the building structurally unsound, and liable to collapse.
 Marita looked over in the  floor, she , Rose and Emma were on, the staff, miraculously had found their way up here, they were soaked to the bone, and huddled together under a part of the roof, that moved away from the main building. debris banged again the remains of windows below and the sound of glass falling into the murky water could be heard.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Thats it! Perfect" Flora scrambled up the makeshift ladder, shielding her face from the stinging rain as she climbed to her feet on the roof. "Oh man...the eye's closing. We need to get to the streets quickly!"

The wind picked up as she helped Marie onto the roof. "We can make it if we hurry!" she urged, beginning a delicate sprint across the pockmarked laboratory roof. "We'll drop into the parking lot from above the main--"

Suddenly a sheet of solar panels ripped itself off of the roof and flew right at both of them. Flora was blindsided and barely had time to scream as it bore down on her, but Marie had a split second to react...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marie threw up her hand and  vines shattered  the panel in half, the wind took both pieces and sent them off in different directions, missing the pair, by inches.'Geez, that was close " Marie said ' lets keep doing " I'll keep throwing out these vines to deflect any other debris that comes our way . I almost feel like a hero in the comics, like Spiderman or something, well with vines instead of Spiderwebs. Oh, and I dont have a costume.  well, time for that later" She said as they continued along the roof.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora covered her head in fear, but Marie's rescue came just in time. "Holy crap, you're getting good at this!" she gasped, stumbling forward. "Sartonic might be paying you as a test subject and an employee after this!"

The two continued their journey across the roof, stopping only occasionally as Marie protected them from flying objects. The wind was getting really bad, and Flora occasionally felt like she was fighting to keep her feet from flying out from underneath her.

"Here we are!" She called out once her sense of navigation warned her theyd reached the garage. "Look around for a weak spot so we can oooop!" The ceiling collapsed under her weight, sending her plummeting into the completely-submerged garage with a splash.

She surfaced with a splutter. "Um, good news and bad news!" she called up to Marie as she tread water. "I didn't fall to my death, but that's because the garage is completely flooded! I don't think we can drive a car after it's been... actually wait, hold on..."

Taking a deep breath, Flora dove underwater. The water was murky with grit and concrete particles, and there was only a little light from the massive hole in the roof, but she got a glimpse of what she was looking for; the Turtle. An armored buggy designed to operate as either a car or a boat, mostly used for transferring supplies from Sartonic to offshore affiliates.

She swam back to the surface. "Sartonic's amphibious vehicle is in here, and it doesn't look damaged! If we could get the garage door open, we could drain it and drive the Turtle to pick up Marita and the others!"

She took another deep breath and dove back under. Most garage doors have an emergency release cord... she squinted, making the most of what little light she had. Luckily, the tip of the cord was glow-in-the-dark. Pushing a floating tool shelf out of her way, Flora tugged at the cord helplessly. It activated, ennabling the door to be opened manually, but despite her best efforts it was too heavy to life on her own.

She breached the surface and gasped for air. “I can’t get the door open,” she panted. “It’s not your typical garage door, it’s really heavy duty. Think you can give it a try? I saw Life once rip a wall out of its foundations with her vines.”
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 11:13:34 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Marie gestured and vines shot of her hand , racing through the hole and into the water, vines wrapped around the pull cord asnd marie pulled on it from her position, straining with the effort, a crack appeared under the door opening, as it began to rise, water began to rush out, draining the level of water in the garage. cars moved around, carried by the water, as slowly the level dropped. Marie waited, for the level to reach a certain depth, deep enough to cushion her fall, yet low enough so she wouldnt run the risk of drowning.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora tread water, avoiding various debris as the current carried it out of the room. When there was enough room to breathe, she wedged herself underneath the door and helped push it upwards. “Okay...we’re in the clear!” she panted as the water reached a drivable level.

Grabbing a sunken toolbox and staggering to the Turtle, she climbed through the sunroof and unlocked the doors from the inside. “Just give me one minute...” she murmured, working with a screwdriver and pair of pliers to manually activate the ignition. “There! We’re in business!” She announced as the engine roared to life.

She drove the car under the hole in the roof so Marie could drop down onto it. “Let’s go save our girlfriends!”
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 02:53:15 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »