The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A fantasy RP

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the various plots will be in the same rp thread?

and ideally each person should have 1 character for each plot?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
OK, let's make this easier.  Let's just do one plot, and see how it goes from beginning to end.  After that, we plan on the next one, with our old characters or with new ones.  How many chars you want is up to you.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Let's go ahead and vote for our first main plot:

Plot A = Myrkin, MK

Plot B =  MK

Plot C =  MK

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm.... I vote for A
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
You can pick more than one or all if you want.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So the multiple plots will all be going on at the same time?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, we just pick the plot with the most votes to start of the RP.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds ok.  The other 2 plots can be done next time or the time after that.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The vote is in...and we'll start off with plot A:  The story starts in London, England.  The background of the plot is the return of a well-known archaeologist and his collection of rare artifacts from the Middle East.  The game itself starts one day after the scientist was murdered at night in his study.  The main players of the game include: the academy overseeing the new archaeological exhibits and whom the murdered individual is associated with, a rival faction with supporters attempting to break into the exhibits to steal something, a cult from the Middle East seeking the scientist and the artifacts he took, and any adventurer crossing paths with a rising fight for survival of the known world...

So who's up for it?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am.  I'll work on a character idea.  Sounds like it could be interesting.  And with the other plot ideas the rp could have sequel parts in the future.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
OK then.  I'll work on the Ancient character for the story and assign it to a participating player.  My chars for the story will be reposted here.

Name: Antonio Di Corleone
Species: Caucasian Human
Class: Spellsword, duelist
Equipment: Swept-hilt rapier, Indo-Persian 3-blade dagger
Skills: Foresight, Wind
Description: Caucasian, black hair, gray eyes, 5'10", light build, adventuring gear & attire, Italian accent
Personality: Calm, cunning
Brief Summary: Antonio was raised in a fencing school in Venice, and became a swordsman prodigy. Once he graduated, he set off for his desire for adventure.

Name:  Senior Muerto
Species:  Wolf
Class:  Spellsword, assassin
Equipment:  Pair of Spanish curved fighting daggers, handles preferably crafted from the bones of another Spellsword
Skills:  Telekinesis, agility enhancement
Description:  White fur, red eyes, 6', light build, black high-class Victorian suit
Personality:  Cruel, sadistic, sick sense of humor
Brief Summary:  Nothing is known about this assassin's past before his employment with a certain wealthy entrepreneur...

Name:  Mayoret III
Species:  Ancient Condor
Class:  Ruler
Equipment:  Ornate staff & scimitar, but seldom needs to use them
Skills:  Multiple, most known to manipulate the element of the earth, creating dangerous sandstorms and send rocks down like meteors (he can only achieve this by sending rocks up as high as the end of the stratosphere, but he loses control if any leave orbit)
Description:  Dusty brown feathers, balding head (but it is covered by an Egyptian-style headdress & crown), glowing green eyes, 7', medium-heavy build, ancient ornate Persian outfit with chest armor, his feathers are like hands when manipulating objects, but he can't use such when flying, for which he uses his feet claws
Personality:  Stern, ruthless, practically soulless, desires nothing but the power to rule over all he surveys
Brief Summary:  Mayoret III once ruled the land of the Hittites and other tribes with an iron fist.  But his reign had ended in a mystery, for which his tomb would be found and his treasures and coffin would be taken to be on display in London...

Name:  Andre Capsicon
Species:  Bloodhound
Class:  Crime lord
Equipment:  Modifiable steam-powered wheelchair
Skills:  Business, archaeology
Description:  Brown fur w/ gray patches on muzzle & paws, brown eyes, unknown height (wheelchair bound), high class clothes
Personality:  Ruthless, determined
Brief Summary:  When he was young, Andre was an accomplished archaeologist and researcher, but when his father passed away, he was forced to take over the family's Sicilian criminal empire.  By the time he reached the twilight years, he delved back into archaeology for one purpose, immortality, and he believes the Ancients were the key to that goal.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I see there will be one or two persons to fight against. :)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just to let you guys know the RP might not start for a few weeks, because I'll be away from the computer for most of that time.  Gives everyone time to create characters and for others to join in.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the lightning I guess is shooting lightning from the sword, or is just the blade gets an electrical charge with the obvious crackling of electricity along the blade?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It can work in any way.  Either from the sword, or from your off-hand (you must have the sword in the other hand), or anything else as long as the power is no stronger than summoning a single good bolt of lightning.  A spellsword's power is limited compared to an Ancient.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess ancients are npc's only and not available to pc's due to their power levels.  Just putting together some character ideas I have into a character.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Ancients, like the one I just made, will be assigned to a participating player, with restrictions in usage.  For sure, you must have your own characters who have higher priority in the story, and you can't simply kill off your own chars and still make use of the Ancient.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
OK, I'm back.  How's thing going in the character creations?

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have no new characters to introduce yet.