The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New YouTube Skin

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just got on to YouTube and noticed that it was different.

What do you all think of the new look?

As for myself, I'm not sure.  I'm too used to the old look.  I'm sure I can adjust in time, but it's still a little unsettling.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
For once YouTube actually did something good.  Usually they just change shit just to change it.  But now it's sleek and modern.  I say good job.  I do NOT like however that everything's not centered.  What's the point of having a nice big screen with a high resolution if everything's just scrunched up on the left side of the screen?  That's not such a good change.  But I love the change in the actual player itself.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do they seriously have to keep changing every 6 months? I'll get used to it, I guess. It's way too white/bright for me though.

The homepage is automatically said to 'what to watch' instead of subscriptions... Annoying :/

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I tend to adjust quickly whenever Youtube changes its look, so it doesn't bother me too much. My only complaint is that it feels harder to see just videos submitted by the people I subscribed to, and in order from earliest first down. Now they seem intermingled with recommended videos, comments the people I subscribed to posted, things they favorited, etc. That isn't what I want. I want only the videos they themselves submitted and in descending order.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^To set it back up to that, do the following.

Click "My Subscriptions" on the left and then click "Uploads Only" near the top.

Yeah, I am starting to adjust myself.  It'll just take some time. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They do seem to change.   The way I see it if I don't like their current skin, it's ok, I can put up with it till they change it.  If I like it I'll enjoy it till they change it then see if I like that one or not.