News:

Author Topic: Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)  (Read 41927 times)

NewOrder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)
« Reply #700 on: August 14, 2017, 06:40:12 PM »
Nick22, that would be great, but I doubt a TV series will ever happen.

I would like to own a DVD copy, I guess I'll just end up buying it from the UK.

At this point I'm not sure I'd rather see a new sequel or a reboot of the whole franchise.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Gentle Sharptooth

• Pilgrimasaurus
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 24, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »
To Snik's review, I too have had up and down relationship with Spike. I did particularly like that he discovered something useful for eluding the Feathered Sharpteeth, but I did not particularly like his story arch in The Big Freeze. Spike is best in a supporting character role, not the focus of one of the two or three story archs of any LBT film.

I also concur with Snik that there is more to like than dislike about Journey of the Brave. I might even be in minority of thinking it is one of better sequels, especially when compared with the last three films.
“If you confess Jesus Christ as Son of God, God lives in you and you live in God.” (1 John 4:15, Holy Bible)

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 25, 2017, 04:52:45 AM »
whoa. Thank you for reading it, Gentle Sharptooth.

huh, one of biggest problems that Spike IS forever supporting background character without his own will, feelings, actions, personality. For me, he's soulless devouring biorobot machine, who emites only artifical emotions. He's not character at all. No matter when he has his "arc" or he just walks together with other character, he MUST sow his individual personality, be character of LBT subgod dammit. Since second movie, he is nothing for me. T-T I'm very sad about it. I want to see different Spike.

Well, for me, JOTB is somewhere in the middle. He's far from close to be "pure worst", and for me, he has "prize place" in cathegory "sequel that had HUGEST potential" but failed in half-way.
Play Mr. Stick adventure forum game!:
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15974

-----------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601

dinosaur in the bushes: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

------------------

---------

Gentle Sharptooth

• Pilgrimasaurus
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 29, 2017, 11:06:03 PM »
Quote from: Snik,Sep 25 2017 on  03:52 AM

huh, one of biggest problems that Spike IS forever supporting background character without his own will, feelings, actions, personality. For me, he's soulless devouring biorobot machine, who emites only artifical emotions. He's not character at all. No matter when he has his "arc" or he just walks together with other character, he MUST sow his individual personality, be character of LBT subgod dammit. Since second movie, he is nothing for me. T-T I'm very sad about it. I want to see different Spike.

Well, for me, JOTB is somewhere in the middle. He's far from close to be "pure worst", and for me, he has "prize place" in cathegory "sequel that had HUGEST potential" but failed in half-way.
Spike has untapped personality traits to be sure. He really only functions as Ducky's adoptive brother, nothing else. While Petrie has his own personality, family, and opines on almost everything. Spike I think is the screen writers of LBT afterthought; when writing dialogue they can use Spike a sounding board, and forget him for periods (long periods sometimes; basically Spike gets to jump over something, be scared, and maybe discover something new to eat, aside rom that he's fodder to remain at back of Gang for later).

Journey of Brave to me is a better sequel compared to the last two installments, but as you said, it falls short in areas. There is so much about the film that is great, Cesar Petrie, Reba, the Horned Carnotaur (closest to the Original Sharptooth we've gotten in a long time), and more; but much of this was untapped. Scenes suddenly get rushed, just when you think the Horned Sharptooth will battle Grandpa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn, or Chomper will communicate with it (doing something more than simply sniffing and tracking the Gang of Five); or what else could have been done with diggers, they could have threatened the rest of the Gang, and gone Ewok on them, tying up Cera, Spike, and Ducky, to supposedly be eaten, then Petrie flies down as Cesar and sets them free, after Cera throws a fit, and Petrie pauses long enough to make them all feel uncomfortable and like they are going to be digger dinner, but instead you discover the diggers only want grapes ruining it, and making Cera even more mad at Petrie.

The whole Bron rescue part is totally lackluster. What should have happened is Grand Pa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn help move the log, but then the Horned Sharptooth and Feather Sharpteeth arrive beneath the Volcano, and so Grand Pa and Topsy must fight them off, while kids rescue Bron like the film depicts, giving everyone a role; even Chomper could try and confuse the Sharpteeth by communicating them; and Ruby could search for something to waylay the Sharpteeth that plan to feed on Bron who is trapped. Perfect climax, Bron is in danger from sharpteeth and lava, Grand Pa and mr. Threehorn actually get to do something, and rest of Gang helps out like in LBT III: The Time of Great Giving.

Longneck3050

• Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 30, 2017, 07:11:47 AM »
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Sep 29 2017 on  10:06 PM
Quote from: Snik,Sep 25 2017 on  03:52 AM

Spike has untapped personality traits to be sure. He really only functions as Ducky's adoptive brother, nothing else. While Petrie has his own personality, family, and opines on almost everything. Spike I think is the screen writers of LBT afterthought; when writing dialogue they can use Spike a sounding board, and forget him for periods (long periods sometimes; basically Spike gets to jump over something, be scared, and maybe discover something new to eat, aside rom that he's fodder to remain at back of Gang for later).

Journey of Brave to me is a better sequel compared to the last two installments, but as you said, it falls short in areas. There is so much about the film that is great, Cesar Petrie, Reba, the Horned Carnotaur (closest to the Original Sharptooth we've gotten in a long time), and more; but much of this was untapped. Scenes suddenly get rushed, just when you think the Horned Sharptooth will battle Grandpa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn, or Chomper will communicate with it (doing something more than simply sniffing and tracking the Gang of Five); or what else could have been done with diggers, they could have threatened the rest of the Gang, and gone Ewok on them, tying up Cera, Spike, and Ducky, to supposedly be eaten, then Petrie flies down as Cesar and sets them free, after Cera throws a fit, and Petrie pauses long enough to make them all feel uncomfortable and like they are going to be digger dinner, but instead you discover the diggers only want grapes ruining it, and making Cera even more mad at Petrie.

The whole Bron rescue part is totally lackluster. What should have happened is Grand Pa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn help move the log, but then the Horned Sharptooth and Feather Sharpteeth arrive beneath the Volcano, and so Grand Pa and Topsy must fight them off, while kids rescue Bron like the film depicts, giving everyone a role; even Chomper could try and confuse the Sharpteeth by communicating them; and Ruby could search for something to waylay the Sharpteeth that plan to feed on Bron who is trapped. Perfect climax, Bron is in danger from sharpteeth and lava, Grand Pa and mr. Threehorn actually get to do something, and rest of Gang helps out like in LBT III: The Time of Great Giving.
They also did help in the hidden canyon episode.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Pilgrimasaurus
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: September 30, 2017, 06:29:41 PM »
If Journey of Brave is last Land Before Time film (though I hope it is not), it will be fitting in one respect. The first Land Before Time film featured Little Foot losing his Mother, and if Journey of the Brave is the last installment, then it features Little Foot trying to prevent losing His dad Bron (spoilers, I am not going to say what happens). The First LBT had Little Foot losing his mother, and if this is the last LBT features Little Foot trying to save the last parent he has.

Hypno

• GoF's resident Sharptooth fan
  • Member+
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
« Reply #706 on: September 30, 2017, 09:50:16 PM »
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Sep 30 2017 on  12:06 AM
You got that right :wub
But I think Red Claw should've been at the end instead of the Featherheads, it wouldn't make sense because they left their land for no reason, and honestly they got enough screentime. The Horned Sharptooth definitely didn't get enough, he could've been the next Plated Sharptooth if the creators gave the wandering sharptooth the justice he needed :)
Formally known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

I'm a big LBT fan and have seen all movies and TV series episodes. Waiting for a fifteenth film to be announced.
I love sharpteeth, especially the Horned Sharptooth, the Plated Sharptooth/Plates and the original Sharptooth.
I'm an admin on The Land Before Time Wiki, particularly the "Sharptooth admin" I suppose you could say.

Runner up

Gentle Sharptooth

• Pilgrimasaurus
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 30, 2017, 11:27:15 PM »
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Sep 30 2017 on  08:50 PM
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Sep 30 2017 on  12:06 AM
But I think Red Claw should've been at the end instead of the Featherheads, it wouldn't make sense because they left their land for no reason, and honestly they got enough screentime. The Horned Sharptooth definitely didn't get enough, he could've been the next Plated Sharptooth if the creators gave the wandering sharptooth the justice he needed :)
You do make a point that Featherhead Sharpteeth would probably not leave "The Land of Fatherheaded Sharpteeth." I do wish the Carnotaurus had more screen time and was able to battle Grand Pa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn, or at least one on one with Topsy while Grand Pa Longneck helps Bron.

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 01, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
A battle with the two grown-ups would have been neat indeed  <_<
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

Hypno

• GoF's resident Sharptooth fan
  • Member+
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
« Reply #709 on: November 02, 2017, 06:54:33 AM »
Quote from: Ducky123,Oct 1 2017 on  09:46 AM
A battle with the two grown-ups would have been neat indeed  <_<
Is that sarcasm? :unsure: I’m not really sure.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Pilgrimasaurus
  • Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)
« Reply #710 on: July 16, 2018, 06:42:39 PM »
Quote from: Hypno on September 30, 2017, 09:50:16 PM
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Sep 30 2017 on  12:06 AM

I sadly have never seen Red Claw (except the tribe in the Star Fox Adventures, Nintendo GameCube). As for the Horned Sharptooth, He is by far my favorite sharptootg, even more so than the original sharp tooth (sacrilege I know).