The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Blanking the Slate

Serris · 921 · 86400

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"Ah... yeah. No, I mean, I'm not new in town, I just haven't been here before. In this club, I mean." Axel gulped, trying to slow his pounding heart. Shitshitshit he wasn't meant to see us... The base of the club's music continued to pound away.

The bartender plonked two glasses on the counter. "Double tequila and a screaming orgasm." Axel could just about make out what he said over the noise.

"Thanks..." He fished out the credits and slid them across, then reached for the glasses. Axel's mouth went dry when Metheun's hand snaked out and placed itself on the metal of his augmented arm.

"That orgasm for me?" Metheun grinned, his teeth flashing predatorily in the strobe lighting.

"No, it's for..." Axel spotted Anne closing in on the bar and raised his arm, trying to catch her attention. "It's for my friend. Here she is!" He stood up and grabbed her arm, a little rougher than he'd intended. "Hey! Lost you there for a moment, ha ha ha... Here, here's your drink!"

Metheun watched them, his grin becoming broader. "I was just getting to know your friend here... any more of you waiting to jump out?"

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Anne scowled as she accepted her drink from Axel. She took a tentative sip and let the mellow flavors of coffee and coconut milk combined with the bite of vodka wash over her tongue. She looked over Metheun and sent a signal to Soren with her horn.

"I'd appreciate it if you kept your hands off my boyfriend," she said coldly. She hoped her act as Axel's girlfriend...and her imposing frame would intimidate Methuen. Granted, Anne stood a mere 5'4" but being a Shetland Pony, she had a muscular and stocky body that could be compared to a concrete block.

Or that Metheun would pick a fight with her and then Axel or someone outside could jump him.

------------------------

Soren's phone buzzed. He looked at the screen and smiled as he got the message from Anne's horn.

It simply read "Found em."

He silently cheered as he radioed Marcus, Aaron and Emilena. "They found him. Now all we need to do is go in and grab him!"

Aaron's voice came over the radio. "Not so fast! If we're going to grab him, we need a distraction."

Soren cut the transmission and sighed. "Rose!" he radioed. "You and Flora do something to start a distraction! I don't give a shit what it is. Start a fire for all I care!"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora was still tearing up and hugging Rose, blubbering about romance. The folf was acting completely abnormal, and only two persons knew why.

Watching her from a shadowy corner table, a neurocotics dealer nodded approvingly. "See? Told you they work," he muttered under his breath to his client. "Just stick 'em with the patch and they'll be on your dick just like that."

His customer, a businessman nodded curtly. "How do I know they'll pick me as the object for their affections?" he asked, watching as Flora tried to stick her hand up Rose's shirt.

"Just make 'em hate you or fear you first. This flavor turns negative emotions into positive, so the stronger their opinions on you originally, the better." The dealer grinned.

"And is it reversible?" The businessman narrowed his eyes.

The dealer shook his head. "It fucks with the brain chemistry. You'll just have to break her heart."

"Fair enough. I can't believe you're making me pay for the patch you planted on the demonstration..." the businessman muttered, handing over a thick briefcase of credits and receiving a small wallet of skin patches in return. "Each is the price of a luxury car and you wasted one on some random bitch..."

"You're the one who wanted assurance they work," chuckled the neurocotics dealer, glancing mirthfully at Flora in her infatuated state.

(OOC: Neurocotics are the same illegal drug that Emilena was afflicted with during her untimely encounter in a bar)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, Since this is a gay bar. Making out is expected, so that wont draw a crowd.. Ditto, for stripping to our skivvies ' rose replied. " we Could start a fuight. Walk up to some rabndom people and insult them. Or.. Given that Flora is all over me at that moment.. HMM.. Ok.. I've got it..' She said Taking Flora by the arm and heading over the the Club DJ ' mR DJ?' She asked the Dalmatian who had earings in both ears, and was spinning records at a very very fast pacde ' Rose Whispered the Dogs Ear, and he turned to her and Nodded " 20000 creds for the best dance Couple/ sure I can make that Happen..Just given me some time before I can find a mike to get it over the loudspeaker.. You're paying for this? ' no, contestant have to pay to compete.. say 200 creds per person 400 per couple.. whatever amount is in the poty at the end..  winner gets all" Alright.. We take 10% of it..the DJ said.."I'll make up the rules..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Your boyfriend?" Metheun cocked an eyebrow and leaned back in his seat, eyeing Anne critically up and down. "Well, well. Colour me surprised." He smiled and winked at her. "Don't worry. I'll keep my hands off your... boyfriend. Word of advice - you might want to consider a change of venue, love."

Axel shrugged, taking a gulp of his drink. "We're trying something new."

"I'm sure." Sipping his own drink, Metheun pulled his phone out of his pocket, read something on it then snapped it shut again. "If you two will excuse me, I'm off to visit the men's room." He smiled at Anne. "Keep my seat warm for me."

As the man pushed himself off his stool and started to thread his way through the crowd, Axel leaned in close to Anne. "Creepy bastard." He downed the last of the cocktail and plonked the glass on the counter. "So how're we doing this? What's the..." He glanced over his shoulder in the direction Metheun had headed, and trailed off. Neon lighting on the wall clearly pointed out the direction of the toilets - and Metheun was heading in the opposite direction. Axel stared as the man slinked through the club, looking furtively around, then pushed through a door marked 'Employees only'.

The rat turned quickly back to Anne, his ear twitching. "Fuck, I think he's making a run for it!"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anne swore under her breath as she sent a message to Soren. She looked around and noticed that the dance contest was well underway. Intoxicated patrons pushed and shoved as they fought to be the first to swipe their credit chits on the reader that was attached to the stand or actually throw the chits at the group.

She nodded. "Fuck me," she muttered. Her ear then twitched slightly as she grabbed Axel and bolted after Metheun.

"Hey man, what about my tip?" the bartender shouted over the raucous industrial rock.

"When I get my wallet back!" Anne shouted back. Of course, she had no intention of tipping him...or ever coming back to Dobson's Alley.

The man sighed as he went back to making drinks. Well, there went the money he needed for his electric bill. Granted, pressuring someone who didn't tip was considered a foolhardy act in this rough neighborhood.

----------------------

Soren got the message on his phone. He sighed as he radioed Emilena, Marcus, Aaron and Rose. "He's making a run for it!"

Unfortunately, as he and Emilena were atop D'Arco directly opposite of Dobson's Alley, he was in no position to chase down Metheun. But the others were on the buildings next to them. And Rose, Axel and Anne were inside Dobson's Alley."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"What a great idea Rose!" Flora exclaimed. "Making people pay to join a dance-off! I'm sure they'll do it just because you're so beautiful!"

The man who'd bought Flora's drink grumbled in annoyance at discovering she was apparently very taken. A hopeful woman wearing an infinity heart necklace* sidled forward but Flora snarled at her until she quickly backed off.

------------------

Emilena grumbled. "Crap. We need a better vantage point. You and I are now on watch duty for the others." Glancing at the direction the alley behind Dobson's Alley led, she took a sprinting leap and hit the roof of neighboring building hard. "Oof!" she rolled out the shock, then glanced back at Soren. "You coming, smart guy, or you need to fashion yourself some titanium ankles first?"

*a symbol commonly used by polyamorists in the Seryet hookup culture

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I Hear yoiu" Rose said " we're headed after him.. just need . to.. make .. it .. through about 100 dancing couples.. Didnt really think that idea through entirely" Rose muttered as she r tried to work her way through the  throng of dancing couples, while trying to  hang on to Floras arm.. " The Alley that leads away from the club splits in 3 directions " Marita radioed in.. If He gets to the alley, we may lose him entirely.. and then, well we'd be bonmed something foierce. Better Hurry Rose.." Riose duckjed and dodged, the pulsing lihghts and throbbing music was giving her a headache.. He also needed to adjust to Floras very sufdden abrupt 180 switch on her feelings. to go from claiming rape based on a few tongue rubs, to wanting a nice countryside villa, wa a big about face. Not that rose was complaining mind you.._
 She finally reachede the emplyees room, which Methuen has used just a couple minutes before. " Is he out of the building yet guys?' she radioed.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Come on, he went this way..." Axel urged Anne, pushing his way through the crowd. When he reached the door Metheun has disappeared through, he felt someone knock into him. "Sorry..." When he glanced at who it was, he blinked in recognition. "Rose!" He looked at who she was pulling behind her. "Flora. Metheun went this way, if we hurry we can still-"

A hefty-looking panda suddenly stepped in front of them, blocking the door. "Help you?" he rumbled.

Axel stopped in his tracks. "Uh, we, uh... we're new here. Just getting familiar with our new workplace."

The panda eyed them impassively. "No, you aren't."

"Alright, we arent, but... ah... the guy who just came through here stole my wallet. I didn't want to make a fuss but-"

"Seriously?" The panda scowled. "How stupid do you think I am? Em-ploy-ees ONLY," he said, enunciating the sentence for Axel's benefit.

Axel trailed off and blinked at him. The guy looked like he could walk through a concrete wall, no way were they going to get through him. "Fuck..." Reluctantly he turned from the door and looked at his teammates. "We're gonna need to find a way around..."

---------------------------------------------

Listening over the radio, Marcus growled impatiently. "There's an alley off the side of the club, it should lead around to where he left." He flicked a switch on his radio. "Martin, split your team up and cover the alleyways leading off, our target might be taking any one of them. Contact me if you see Metheun."

A voice crackled over the device. "Got it."

Marcus hooked the radio onto his belt and looked across to Raoul, the Purifier sitting in the passenger seat beside him. "Let's get going." Slamming the vehicle's doors behind them, the pair ran towards the alley. As he approached, Marcus reached into his jacket and pushed the safety off his pistol.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We'll have to get out another way.. Lok for an exit sign  that leads out in that direction, code says that Exit sihgns have to visible and well lit " rose paused taking a look at the panda bouncer, , who looked like he could easily tear a webster dictionary in half, cover and all. "We'll be headed out , sir " Rose called back to him, as she turned and looked for another way out.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren looked over the edge. The gap was at least eight feet across and the fall looked to be three stories into a dumpster with a metal lid. He backed away. "You shittin' me? I ain't jumping across that!"

He found a fire escape ladder that led to the alleyway and quickly scrambled down it, his feet clanging on the rusty metal.

-----------------

Anne looked at the Panda. As strong as she was, the bouncer likely had at least a hundred pounds on her...and there was always the possibility that he was an Augment or wore an exoskeleton under his clothing.

Her eyes traveled over to a dimly lit exit sign in the corner. "There!" She sprinted over to the door and pushed it open.

Only to find out that it opened only a few inches. Nowhere near enough for the group to squeeze through. It was then she noticed that it was chained to one of the industrial light fixtures on the ceiling. And judging from how battered the light fixture was, it was clear several people had tried forcing the door open.

"Quickly!" She grabbed the chain using a tablecloth to protect her hands and started pulling. The light fixture groaned and squealed as she tried to tear it from its mounting. Luckily, the booming industrial rock helped hide the noise of what she was trying to do.

"Hey! The fuck are you doing!?" One of the bouncers noticed what Anne was trying to do and made his way over to stop her.

-----------------

Aaron scrambled down the fire escape from the building he was on. He unholstered his pistol and looked around. Nothing of importance in the alleyway.

He narrowed his eyes as he noticed a door shaking in its frame as someone tried to pull it open. He raised his pistol and aimed at the door, ready to shoot if someone came through.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena watched the Augmentician leave the rooftops; apparently he was going his own way. Perhaps it's for the best that somebody kept watch on the main entrance. Vaulting to the next rooftop, Emilena tried to spot a bead on their target. She didn't see him in the alleyway behind the bar, which meant... "He's probably going right, away from the main road," she radioed to Marcus and his men. "We need to cover a lot of ground, and quickly."

"Stop talking to the bouncers, silly!" Flora whispered to Rose, flashing a warm smile at the love of her life. She had plenty of experience leaving bars while intoxicated and underage. "Just head to the bathroom. Let's take a cue from the Beatles for this one."

The two left the main group and retreated into the girl's bathroom. Prying the screen off the bathroom window and forcing the window open, she shimmied her way out of the window. "Can you fit, or is your butt too big?" she asked, glancing back at Rose.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can fit just fine ' Rose replied, annd followed her out the window. rose was in pretty good shape, and she was able to slide her way out of the window space without too much hassle ' "Now that we're out ' we need to find the guy, and make him talk..' Rose said. theres a total of 3 alleyways, although there might be 3 ir more additional  side passages, '; we look down all of them. Now hurry, he's already got a head start on us." she said and began to run down the alley.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel swore inwardly as he saw the bouncer, a muscled tiger, stomping towards Anne. He bit his lip as he grew closer, trying desperately to think of something that could distract him. Aw shit... Running out of ideas, Axel did the only thing he could think of - he rammed two fingers down his throat. The smell of sweat and stale alcohol prevalent in the club did the rest. He stepped in front of the bouncer, clumsily grasping the front of his shirt, and puked over his front.

The bouncer stopped dead in his tracks, face twisting in horror. "Jesus, what the fuck?!"

"Uh, I... had... uh," Axel slurred, still holding on to him. The acrid taste in his mouth almost made him retch again.

"Get out of here!" The tiger made to push him out of the way. Over his shoulder, Axel could see Anne had almost managed to yank the chain loose.

"Nah dude, don't worry, I'm just... just..." Axel saw the chain break from its holdings, freeing up the door. "Alright yeah, I guess you're right." Letting go of the bouncer, he quickly stepped around him and followed Anne through, hoping that he cared more about the state of his clothes than following a drunk through the exit.

Stepping outside, he spat to the side and glanced at Anne. "Nice. C'mon, we might be able to catch him up." Gesturing, he took off down the alley, the beats of the club music still pounding through the air.

-------------------------------

"Alright, see if you can keep tracking him from the roof," Marcus radioed back. Switching the comm line to the other Purifiers, he continued barking into it as he ran. "Team covering the exit on the right side, he should be heading for you. Be ready!" He ducked into the alley. The narrow passageway seemed to amplify the music coming from the building.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A man in a dirty windbreaker grabbed Soren from behind as he made his way to the street. "Hey buddy. Got any spare creds?"

Soren picked the man's hand off his windbreaker much in the same way he'd pick off some lint and then roughly shoved the man away. "Listen, I ain't your 'buddy'! Now leave me alone!"

"Come on, help a guy out."

Soren could smell the the stink of alcohol on the man's breath. "Look, I have to go meet someone and I'm not in the mood for your shit. Now fuck off!"

The drunkard looked stunned for a moment and then scowled. He swore under his breath as he stalked off to go do something else.

The augmentician casually stepped out of the alley and into the crowd of people. He took a seat on a battered metal bench as if waiting for a taxi. He watched as a drunken Border Collie staggered over to a lamppost, unzipped his pants and relieved himself it.

-------------------------

Aaron nearly pulled the trigger the moment the door opened, causing the smell of vomit and sweat to spew out from the interior.

"Fucking hell! I nearly shot you guys!" Aaron sighed. "Where is he!?"

Anne narrowed her eyes as she spotted a thin figure at the other end of the trash-strewn alley. "That him?" she asked pointing him out. The figure looked around for a moment as if deciding which way to go.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The figure realized they were looking for him, and immediately bolted along the side of the bar...right into Flora, who had been watching Rose's breasts squeezing their way through the tiny window and wasnt expecting to collide with a fully-grown man. Both of them screamed as they crashed to the floor in a tangled heap.

The Purifier grunts sprinted around the corner and tackled the pair. After a ferocious dogpile subdued Flora and their quarry indiscriminately, they stopped long enough to get a bead on the man's face. "We got him!" one exclaimed. "It's Metheun!"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"We got him! It's Metheun!" The voice crackled over Marcus' radio.

The doberman pushed down on the transmit button. "Keep him secure, we're almost there." Sprinting, he and his Purifier companion reached the end of the passageway and turned right, slowing when they saw the group clustered up ahead. The Purifiers he'd sent up ahead were holding a smaller man between them, the shoulder of his jacket torn. His head hung down towards the floor, obscuring his face.

"Look at me," Marcus growled, approaching. He stopped in front of the man, towering over him, and reached down to grip his hair, yanking his head back. It was undeniably Metheun. "It's him," he confirmed.

"I could have told you that," Axel said from the sidelines, his arms crossed.

Ignoring him, Marcus released Metheun's hair and glowered down at him. "You're coming with us."

Though the side of his face was starting to swell from where one of the Purifiers had hit him, Metheun's mouth slowly curled into a smile. "I don't think so."

Marcus paused briefly, thrown off by his reaction. "I don't give a fuck what you think." He started to order the Purifiers to march him away.

Metheun's voice stopped him again. "The one in the black jacket," he said, looking at Marcus. His eyes then flicked to Aaron. "And the big guy standing next to the pony. Focus on them, the rest just follow orders."

--------------------------------------------------

The tiny transceiver resting in his ear picked up his voice. From a window overlooking the alley, Junko brought the sights of her sniper rifle down to rest on the group as Metheun stopped talking. She signaled the the rest of her team, positioned at multiple vantage points.

-------------------------------------------------

"Who's he talking to?" Axel asked, glancing uncertainly towards Soren.

"Get him-" Marcus started. Then the top of his head exploded outwards. Grey matter, blood and skull fragments sprayed across the group holding Metheun. Marcus crumpled, his body dropping heavily at Metheun's feet.

For a second, Axel stared, uncomprehending. His eyes rested on the doberman's fingers flexing once, twice, then falling still. Realization slowly dawned, and he took a step back. Had he been shot? The music still leaking from the club made it hard to tell-

Then a hailstorm of bullets assaulted the alley. One of the Purifiers holding Metheun grunted, falling back as his chest tore open. The floor and walls sparked as stray bullets ricocheted. Shrieking, Axel fell back, trying to crawl towards cover blindly, the club's noise making it impossible to hear where the shots were coming from. As another Purifier was killed, his body collapsed on top of Axel, pinning him against the ground.

"Fuck! Fu-" Axel started to gasp. Then he screamed as a bullet punched through his exposed leg.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rose heard the gunfire from the next alley ' crap, crap crap.. should have known this thing wouldnt go smoothly.' she turned to Flora ' stick behind me, and stay low. don't know whether we're shooting or they're shooting. either way, try and make yourself as small as possible>' the gunfore continued, and got louder as they got closer. blending in with the loud dance music from the club, which was still having that dance party. ' as Rose turned the corner a scene of carnage greeted her vision. she  saw  a number of Purifier bodies, lying in pools of blood, parts of their heads gone.  bullets ricocheted off of a garbage bin that lay next to the building, the glint of guns briefly flashing as the assailants kept firing.  a few seconds glance, was all it took to realize they were completely covered from the roof trying to escape down the  the alley was a basically signing your own death warrant. ' Back to the Club! rose shouted above the  fire. She  couldnt getv too good a look at he shooters, the y were too far away to see clearly. she looked around and noticed axel's leg with a large hole in it, blood pooling next him.  Crouching ,low. Rose ran over  in a brief break between gunshots and pulled off the purifier that lay on top of him, and tossed hi aside. the man lay still. " Come On Axel " She said hurriedly , offering the rat her paw" we need to get outta here. theres too many of them.. This guy has a lot of friends, apparently. Ah!' a bullet hit her left shoulder,  sending rose to the ground, and  straight into a puddle of blood.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aaron howled as a bullet slammed into his chest. He fought to stay conscious as he drew his pistol and fired a few wild shots at the shooters on the rooftop. Sparks lit up the night sky as his wild shots tore open a power line. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" he exclaimed as he tried to drag himself back behind a dumpster.

Anne pushed Axel and Rose back into the nightclub. Her lips were curled as the scent of blood and smokeless powder swirled around the alley, mingling with the smell of garbage. A sharp sensation tore through her upper body and leg. She ignored them, figuring she had pulled some muscles.

She used her horn to send out a message to Soren or Emilena.

------------------

Little did she know that Soren was already on his way; she had already alerted him that they had caught Metheun...before the whole thing went to shit.

He was delayed from immediately coming to to alleyway because of an bum who would take no for an answer. She then got grabbed him and demanded credits. That ended with him nursing a bruised jaw and her nearly being thrown in front of a taxi. She wisely left him alone after that.

His feet splashed in the puddles of water as he shoved aside the crowd, eliciting numerous angry shouts and swears. As he approached the alley, he drew his borrowed SMG.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena reported to Marcus' radio, unaware that he was killed. "Two more tangos coming from the main road. Both in suits and carrying...looks like semiautomatic civilian rifles." She drew her sidearm, a silenced SMG, and opened fire on the pair. Within seconds, the unarmored hitmen were hit multiple times and chose to flee rather than try and pinpoint her position and return fire. "...Never mind, they're fleeing. The main road is clear but the civs are starting to panic. We should really go!"

Flora screamed and wrapped her arms around Metheun. Her panicking brain realized that this guy was calling the shots, and if she kept him on top of her then nobody would shoot her. Her plan worked, but not in the intended way. Metheun quickly overpowered her with an elbow to the solar plexus, dragged her to her feet, and used her as a human shield as he retreated down the alleyway, drawing a high-caliber handgun but keeping it pointing defensively at his assailants.