The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anyone know why Roy Allen Smith left?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Just curious. He did sequels 2 through 4 and then quit the series entirely to work on other things? Difficult working conditions? Disagreements between him an the higher ups? Just didn't want to keep working on them forever? Is there any word on this?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'd like to know, but I honestly think he just moved onto other projects and/or Universal wanted another direction

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, if any drama happened, it was before the advent of the internet and LBT compared to other properties is considered small potatoes. There is unlikely to be much publicly known even if there was a fallout of some kind.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, that sucks.

Also, why did movie 13 get.a new director?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Maybe Grosvenor decided it was time to move on, so he bowed out of basically being the showrunner while still staying on staff one more time.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Oct 13 2015 on  02:13 PM
Well, that sucks.

Also, why did movie 13 get.a new director?
Pretty sure it was because of his involvement with the TV series at the time.

As for Smith, guess we'll never know. I like to stay on the bright side and say he decided to move on to different projects.