The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The Hermit of Blackrock

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
At least I've seen a download of this episode. Might not be full quality, but I can't argue. "The March of the Sand Creepers" is what worries me.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I have the ep in low quality.  I even have it available for download, but I wanna see it come in good!  It really bothers me to have such low quality. :(

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unless it's in FLV format (that I CANNOT stand), video quality just isn't one of my pet peeves.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It seemed a pretty good episode, and a good story for the 20 something minutes, didn't feel rushed.  Also showed the adults flyers doing some stuff instead of Littlefoot and group heading out to Blackrock themselves, which is what I expected.  I expected Littlefoot to say, lets go and his friends head out, instead of him say to we have to tell the grownups.  I was surprised by that.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watched it again today on my cell phone and I just gotta say that the duet with petire and guido was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen besides the "oops-eeps" song. :P:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't really think about seeing if I like each song or if it makes sense.  I may try that at some point.  Also with so many episodes and songs some will be less then others, either to some people, or actually less they they could be.  Perhaps whoever runs things may have noticed they had only 1 song so why not put on at the end, or they were thinking, they finally made it back home so they should sing since their so happy to be back home.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I started watching this one...and Swooper made me laugh. He amused me. He;'s a senial old man...and that's good.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He is an amusing character.  Hope he does a cameo in future episodes, though that is unlikely I'd guess.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ya notice the only older dudes they show in LBT is usually Littlefoots grandparents?  Archy looked kinda old, but ya can't be sure.  It was nice to have an old blind flier in a LBT show.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess most of the older dinosaurs go to some sort of retirement valley that they have not shown yet.

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
ZOMBIE !!!!!!!!!

Swooper : hi guys , after eating a ground star coverd with catapillars and laughing for no reoson , IM GONNA EAT SOMEONES BRAINS !!!!!

Petrie  :   :unsure:  :huh:
Guido :  :blink:  :x  :x  :x  :x

Tikikata

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberrytiki.net
I really liked this episode!
Swooper was a cool character and the fact that he was blind was a neat challenge for all of them to overcome. I think this is one of my favorite episodes, along with The Amazing Threehorn Girl. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I recall liking both of those episodes.  It was good to see Guido again.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, a windy day at the Great Valley I see...
It's Petrie/Guido centered. And a new character was introduced: Swooper! I really like the idea of a disabled LBT character, I think they worked it out pretty well :)
Also showed the adults flyers doing some stuff instead of Littlefoot and group heading out to Blackrock themselves, which is what I expected. I expected Littlefoot to say, lets go and his friends head out, instead of him say to we have to tell the grownups. I was surprised by that.
same here, I guess if the gang had searched for Petrie and Guido the producers could've made a sequel out of it anyway :P:
Things/facts which annoys me:
- Spike burps again -.- He's a bad role model for kids... though the fact that everyone else blames him for burping could teach them not to burp  :confused
- the songs: Common! Both Petrie and Guido can sing better   :slap and the lyrics are just  :x  I can't believe they could make me hate the melody of 'big, big, big, big water' ... no doubt they could've made it better... the 'I feel so happy' song(whatever it's called) at the end is... let's just say it isn't a total disaster  <_<
- Guido is injured not being able to walk at all but the next scene he walks w/o any problems  :huh:  another character with super-abilities... Sharptooth, Bron... and now Guido!!!  :blink:

In a nutshell I enjoyed this episode... I'd definitely watch it again
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I was happy to see Guido return in this episode. I found him to be a very interesting character in the 12th movie, and it was nice to see Petrie helping him develop his skills in flying.

I also agree with Ducky123 on the annoying aspects of this episode. The songs weren't good at all. I always skip them, and by now I was just getting sick of hearing two songs every 20 minutes or so! Was it really necessary to have that amount of songs in each episode?

Yep, they really didn't keep up with Guido's injury either. For a long while after he gets it, he's walking around normally until they're trying to find a way out, in which case it starts hurting again.

Anyway, I really like the idea of a disabled character being in the LBT series. I really like how Swooper was portrayed as well. He was a very kind yet lonely character. It was nice to see him welcomed into the Great Valley in the end, though.

It was an okay episode. It's just the unnecessary songs that annoyed me again. I enjoyed Guido's appearance and Swooper, and it does seem to focus a bit more on the flyers than the main gang, which is quite refreshing.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Guido!! Simply knowing that he was going to reappear was enough to get me excited for this one. :)

Other assorted thoughts:
That opening. No major tease or cliffhanger this time. Just Spike eating treestars and burping. :p

When I saw Swooper the first time, I thought it was a zombie.
Lol!

At any rate this was a nice ep other than guido and petrie singing heh.
Quote from: Ratiasu,May 26 2007 on  10:00 PM
I really liked this episode. There were injuries and disabilities, interesting characters (I haven't seen the movie with Guido in it yet, so for me he was new, and Swooper had a couple interesting quicks), pretty good music, and a little interesting dynamic between Petrie and Guido. The songs were pretty bad.
Hmm i see a concensus forming here petrie and guido just dont work to well when comes to songs heheh.
:lol

What would posess them to take the two worst singers and make them sing a duet?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Beats me. Your guess is as good as mine. :P

The sequels in general were just a tad better but in some ways the series is better.
I'd probably agree with this. I think overall I like the sequels a bit better, but I've ended up enjoying the series more than I thought I would. There is something about the more bite-size format of the episodes that occasionally works out for the better with LBT.

and by now I was just getting sick of hearing two songs every 20 minutes or so! Was it really necessary to have that amount of songs in each episode?
At this point I've largely gotten used to all the singing... but otherwise yeah, I agree. I really think it would've been better if they'd just done one song per episode, especially since they've had to use so many repeated and remixed songs just to fill the quota. At least the films all had new songs each time.

Anyway, the initial setup for this episode was great, but then it kinda started to peter out once they met Swooper. Not a bad character by any means; as others mentioned, having a blind character whom Petrie and Guido have to guide to safety is an interesting concept. I just wish the episode had continued along with Petrie and Guido getting themselves into a weird, spooky adventure instead. I was digging the atmosphere when the two of them were lost out on their own and then they fell down into the creepy cave. But then the episode lost some of its tension and mystery once Swooper showed up. Not for the first time, I feel that there's enough potential material here that they could've made two episodes out of it. The character of Swooper, and Petrie & Guido's adventure, each could've been their own episode, imo.

Oh well. Aside from that, this one was pretty good. 6.75/10

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I liked the episode mostly because of Guido, because I like virtually anything about him, but the story was not bad, Swooper was an interesting character, and three disabled character having to return in Great Valley while using other's still usable options was also good. The songs were not bad, but I would rather hear some new songs, which are not just same melody with different words. I have to say, that this is one of my top favorite episodes, if not the best.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
I think its funny that in the past people have been struggling to find the episodes, but now they 're all on youtube hehe..

Anyway, Guido comes back in this one. I was so happy to see him on screen! He's one of my favorite characters anyway, and did they bring back his voice actor from the movie?

We are introduced with a new character, Swooper I believe. I'm kinda worried, we don't know how long he's been in black rock, but he was probably stuck there for a while since he was talking to a bunch of rocks. But the idea that they made him blind was really creative, I don't think the writers ever did that with a character... I love small things like that, it's a nice detail!

And as always, the songs kinda brought down the episode, but I remembered enjoying the 'don't be scared' song. Probably the setting of black rock of which it took place in, and when it ended Guido gave the best humorous line in the whole epiosed. "Well I gotta say Pietre, I'm not as scared as I was-" (omonous noise) "Now I'm MORE scared!"  It was so condtradicting, which I love, but then that gave me the realization that the song didn't even help. Might as well just chuck it out if it's not going to be any use.

Songs and plot all together, I'd say it was a decent episode to watch. Glad Swooper is part of the great valley now too!  :D
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0